News from Tyrone...

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE FORUMS, PLEASE READ THE RULES SECTION IN HERE BEFORE POSTING.
LnIcode

News from Tyrone...

Post by LnIcode »

Here's some news from the Mirror the other day (Thursday, I think) to the best of my recollection. It may not be 100% accurate, but it's close.

The Borough is trying to reach a settlement with former borough manager Nathan George and his attorneys.

The current Borough Council VP Watson has resign effective immediately for "personal reasons", as did a borough authority member whose name I can't recall.

The Borough won't raise taxes, but will spend $500,000 on more facade work. Also, sidewalks are again being worked on, as is Reservoir Park, I think. There's some other stuff, but I threw the paper out. Sorry.

The pool will become ADA accessible with the installation of a ramp.

There continues to be drug busts and arrests throughout the community. Something like 62 in Altoona and the surrounding areas, including Tyrone, the other day.

The YMCA is shutting their doors on Dec. 30. Rumors of a community center being created without the YMCA affiliation have been floating around. The building on Logan Ave. is for sale for $140,000.

There you go for now. Hope it helps a little bit.

:D
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

LnIcode,

Thank you. That was very thoughtful of you. Hope you have a great Holiday!
LnIcode

Post by LnIcode »

Thanks. Merry Christmas to you, as well.

I'll try to post more as I find more information for those of you who have been looking for updates.

I don't get the Herald regularly, but do get the Mirror almost every day.

Take care.