TAHS Class of '74

Keep in touch with some of you buddies after you have left the hallowed halls...
Robbuck
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

TAHS Class of '74

Post by Robbuck »

I was a little bit upset last year when I finally was able to attend a class reunion, only to find out no one wanted to bother with it. After talking with Nat about it I found out that nobody wanted to deal with the setup of the whole thing. Did anyone else from 74 miss the reunion or do you all agree it's just not worth the hassle?? I'd like to know.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I didn't miss it at all, but I graduated in 85! All joking aside, I am finding the same thing with our reunion. Looks like we are not having one for out 20th either for the exact same reasons!
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Is that 'Robbuck' as in "By-a, By-a, BUNKY!"?
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

Yes it is.. one and the same....How could someone remember such a brief moment in history... ?? and who is doing the remembering?? :shock:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Robbuck wrote:Yes it is.. one and the same....How could someone remember such a brief moment in history... ?? and who is doing the remembering?? :shock:
Well, let's see - a few hints.

Avid motorcyclist, as per the Avatar photo, and drummer.

Retired military.

Ex-Tyrone Police and Citizen's Fire Co.

Graduated a year before you.

Oh...

... and ...

... married for almost 30 years to one of your ex's. :lol:

In fact, you first introduced us. 8)
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

:? Well Beachbiker you've got me over a barrel unless you used to live on park avenue and had a red yamaha.. Could be???
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Wow, I don't remember anyone with the above particulars who lived on Park Avenue and had a red Yamaha.

I'm trying to change my Avatar to a photo of myself, on my bike of that time, that was taken in the early-to-mid 70s. So far, I got the pixels down to the right size for an Avatar for this forum, but the bytes are still too big (can't get it down to under 3KB). Will keep trying and post it as soon as possible.
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

That would have been Tim Yingling.. So if that's not you I'm lost.. Please oh kind sir reveal you're true identity... :?
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

OK - with the asistance of Rick, we got the Avatar problem fixed.

NOW the Avatar shows a photo from that period that may reveal identity.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Ok, well gauging from the avatar you could be Fonzie, but my guess is you have no idea how to turn on a jukebox with the quick fist to the glass. Am I correct?
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

banksy wrote:Ok, well gauging from the avatar you could be Fonzie, but my guess is you have no idea how to turn on a jukebox with the quick fist to the glass. Am I correct?
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

I COULD have done that in my early days, but instead merely inserted a specially marked (with red magic marker, so that the money was returned) quarter in the jukebox at Country School Chicken in Northwood. While I was working. Anyone remember that family-run place?

But I always preferred to make my own music when possible. Still do.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I would have put you more along the lines of Ralph or Potsie than the Fonz. Fonz would never have worked at a place called "Country School Chicken." And no, I don't remember it. The only thing I knew in Northwood was the church and the Mills klan.
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

I did my fair share of eating at Country School Chicken and the legendary Charlie's Lunch.

I also snuck my fair share of "TEEM" that surely looked like PBR out ot the Pop machine at Dave's Mobil.

Nothing like the steak sandwiches at Charlie's Lunch and I don't even remember what I ate at Country School Chicken. I would eat my fair share of drumsticks, but there was something else that I ate there more often.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I liked the pop machine at Agway after pee-wee league baseball. The Yothers brothers always treated us kids there.

What was the name of the corner store on 15th street and the street where East End is? That was a good store as a kid. Tons of candy and a pinball machine!
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

banksy wrote:What was the name of the corner store on 15th street and the street where East End is? That was a good store as a kid. Tons of candy and a pinball machine!
OK - it's been quite a few years, and I may have it confused with another store that was on PA Avenue near 14th Street, but was it Heberlings?
Or "Hikese's" (spelling?). And a couple of those names mentioned by djBigDawg in another post: (Mikes Cut-Rate and especially Harpster's store) sound about right.

Also, if I am not mistaken, the variety store on Columbia Avenue to the left of East End (facing it) changed names sometime in the 70s - so there could be more than one correct answer. Didn't one of the Aults families own or run it at one time, or at least have a family member (Mike) that worked there?

And every time a certain kid went in there, they used to call the police station and say "that little Banks HEATHEN is in here again, get a cruiser heading this way..." :shock: :roll: :lol:
Last edited by BeachBiker on Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.