TAHS Class of '74

Keep in touch with some of you buddies after you have left the hallowed halls...
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by BeachBiker »

banksy wrote:My brother is from the class of 73 and he type like an infant.... TWO FINGERS ONLY!
That is a very common trait amongst 'da '73 grads.

I also type with 2 fingers - but do it really fast and acurately... I mean acuretly, er... ackuratley, I mean... well... without a bunch of mistaks. :roll:
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

It's sad to report but yet another classmate has died.. this is becoming all too frequent. Lee Henninger, 50, Class of '74, died Friday at his home.. After an accident at his workplace, Albermarle Chemicals.. According to reports all safety precautions were taken and it was just a strange accident. My sincerest condolences to the family.. Lee will be missed.
Kbowden

Lee Henniger

Post by Kbowden »

My prayers & condolences go out to Lee's family as well, so young & seems like we read more & more each day of someone our age passing..... I do remember Lee from TAHS CLASS OF 74. and condolences to Johnny Chamberlain's family as well.
Robbuck
MVP Member

Re: TAHS Class of '74

Post by Robbuck »

To anyone out there from the class of 1974.. This year would be our 35th reunion.. If we had someone to organize one. Is there ANY interest in this happening?? Please respone to this thread with yea's or nay's.. I'm just curious, that's all. If we could at least get a limited response maybe we could at least meet for lunch somewhere... Just a thought
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment
hykesmill

Post by hykesmill »

wow, crushing response
banksy
MVP Member

Re:

Post by banksy »

hykesmill wrote:I was just sitting here thinking about learning to type in school, if my memory serves me right it was a fairly sadistic class the first year.
If it's the same "fellow" who taught it then who taught it when I went to school... he was a horrible teacher. Clearly hated his job. It was the only class I willingly took an F and refused to do anything. I sat there and looked straight ahead. The only thing I did was during the tests typed over and over "i hate you i hate you i hate you." I think he got the picture and I got my F.
sissy31696

Post by sissy31696 »

Robbuck, have you tried Facebook???

We basically planned our 15 yr renunion on the site, sent invites thru their site!!!

Good Luck!!!
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

Thanks Sissy for the thought.. However if anyone was/is actually interested in the last 8-9 months they would have left someone know. I am beginnig to think it's a lost cause.. I belive there are only about three pages of 74 classmates on facebook anyway. :banghead:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment
Florida2335
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Florida2335 »

This is a pretty obscure site to post something about a class reunion. I found it by accident and had no idea that this site even existed. I sincerely doubt that anyone even knows that someone is interested in organizing a reunion or is looking for volunteers to help with the project.

I had fun at the last class reunion and think a lot of other people did as well. It was interesting to find out what people did with their lives and see how they looked. A fall event might be nice say late September or October when the leaves are changing and it is not yet freezing cold.

I still have the program from the one and only reunion that I attended stuffed in one of my closets and might be able to dig it up and see if it shows who came to that last reunion. Those people are probably more likely to attend another. Just from memory I remember that the following people attended: Barbara Beringer, Ann Something (Barb's friend), Mike Rhodes, Fred Fink, Joanne George, Jeff Morrissey, Connie Goss, Kathy Boytim, Terry Chencharick, Harry Mogel, Greg Bickel, Robin Bickel, Mac Brown, Carol Molner, Brian Anderson, and Roger Lannen. I think these people were also there, but am not sure Gene Johnson, Denise Danaway, Chris Good, Cathy Igou, Clay Fink, and Stephanie Rozick. I think that we need to try a lot harder if we are going to put together an event. At our age, a lot of people have lost their parents so perhaps don't come back to Tyrone at all any more so they aren't even thinking about TAHS. That being said, people might still like to get together, but there needs to be some organized way of getting the word out.

Off the top of my head, it seems like some of our former classmates who might be tapped to help could be people like Brian Anderson, Stephanie Rozick, Cathy Igou, and that tall black guy whose last name escapes me, Jeff .... Look in a yearbook at the people who won the Most Likely to Succeed, Most Talented, Best Dressed, etc. Those people are probably still the motivated kind of people thatthey were when they were young. It seems like most people keep in touch with at least a couple of people or at least know their whereabouts, so how about sending out a message and see if we can get it going viral by asking everyone to send it out to all the former classmates they know. If you want to have a meeting with peoplewho still live locally, I am sure you probably know some. Personally, I know that Kathy (Boytim) Otto lives in Altoona Marcia and Sandra Warnock twins work at Tyrone Hospital. I believe Kathy Igou works in banking in Tyrone and I heard Melanie Collins lives in the Altoon/Hollidaysburg area.
coldsprings
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by coldsprings »

soon time for the 40th, any takers?