AN IDEA: consolidated TAHS Reunion

Keep in touch with some of you buddies after you have left the hallowed halls...
smboats
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by smboats »

Yo! What's become of all the fun lovin, rib pokin guys I've come to know and love? You guys have become extremely serious and deadly dull-I gotta a job for that! Which I should now go attend to. See ya-bye
djbigdawg1

Post by djbigdawg1 »

NO, i am NOT dead wrong......i might be a lil incorrect but the fact that some still feel its WTRN day and not Tyrone day is our opinion.....whether im wrong or not. :thumb:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Agreed your opinion is not wrong since it is yours.... but factually you are 100% wrong. The point was Jim made a cmment it was Tyrone Day at the Park and others told him he was WRONG. Regardless of your opinion, he was 100% facutally correct and you were 100% factually incorrect. They way you try to defend it is very weak as well. Sometimes you just have got to admit when you are wrong. Seriously, you look a little foolish trying to defend that you are correct on this.
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

I think this has gone completely out of wack.

The day was started as WTRN Day many many moons ago by John Eschbach as a way for WTRN to enjoy a day at the park with the community.

For many years, it was WTRN Day to benefit the Tyrone YMCA.

It may be listed as Tyrone Day on the Delgrosso's schedule. I started the discussion because I don't want people claiming they created this Tyrone Day at Delgrosso's Park when WTRN Day has basically been Tyrone Day at the Park for over 40 years.

What Cary and WTRN has done to serve Tyrone is what I was trying to recognize, not get all ticky-tack over what the name is.

To me it is still Blands Park and also to me it is WTRN Day. Considering how many WTRN Day's I worked and donated my time to, I believe I have the right to argue.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

:huh:

So, you guys are still talking about a consolidated TAHS Reunion, right?

keep it on track, PM each other if you want to trade knowledge blows.

:thumb:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
ardean

Post by ardean »

Not exactly sure how I feel about a cosolidated reunion. It could possibly turn out fine, on the other hand, it could be like trying to consolidate churches. Everybody wanting to lead. Which I guess is better than nobody wanting to lead. Still not sure :?
SMOKEJUMPER

Post by SMOKEJUMPER »

Having a Tyrone Alumni Reunion sounds good to me. Why don't the class officers get together and send out serveys to everyone and see what others think or want? It would give all the kids something to do and get involved with your friends' kids. Why not try a day at a park and then each class could plan an adult only night as well. I've seen other classes do a daytime family activity and a second day for classmates and their spouse. Just a thought.
SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY LIFE ,ITS TO SHORT AS IT IS.
Meaux

all together now...

Post by Meaux »

...the details, of course, would need to be worked out. Having some activity in conjunction with Tyrone Day is a starting point but I do believe that is usually a weekday.

Maybe I should join the Alumi Association and take this to a forum of active people (coulda, woulda, shoulda...)

I know that for me, when I lived away I was highly motivated to attend reunions. Now, not so much. And I've talked to our stalwart organizers and that is a recurring theme...people come back to town and then there is only a handful of other grads at the event. It just would be nice to make it easy, affordable and interesting for all people to attend. We are not that big a town and each class gets a small-ish turnout so all-together-now is one way to go.

I still think that a reunion that had people from not only one's own class but people who were in school at the same time would be great. Each class could have it's own event within a weekend.
Navy CPO

Post by Navy CPO »

Is WTRN still around? Does WTRN have a website?
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Navy CPO wrote:Is WTRN still around? Does WTRN have a website?
Aye, Aye.... it is WTRN.net 8)