AN IDEA: consolidated TAHS Reunion

Keep in touch with some of you buddies after you have left the hallowed halls...
Meaux
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

AN IDEA: consolidated TAHS Reunion

Post by Meaux »

Here's an idea...why doesn't TAHS (and I guess I could contact the Alumni Association) start a consolidated high school reunion weekend like Bellwood does at DelGrosso park?

This way all the active planning members could join forces, the attendees would get to see their own classmates and others who were in school during the same 4-6 yrs (jr-sr high, not that we are a bunch of dummies that take 6 years to complete high school!!!)

There would be a reunion every summer, and people can attend when they are able. There would probably be sub-committes for the classes having notables (10, 25, 30, 50 year, etc.)

I like the idea. More bang for the buck of the travelers and local people too. Thoughts?
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I like the idea minus Blands Park. A traditional sit down dinner would be better.... or perhaps another Prom!
submarinerswife

Post by submarinerswife »

Bland's Park is a great idea. Love there chicken bbq
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Our class had our 15th reunion there. There was a lot of feedback from out of town people that coming back to go to a pavilion and sit at Blands Park wasn't ideal. Perhaps Blands Park could be incorporated into a portion of a reunion, but in my opinion should not be the focus of a reunion.
submarinerswife

Post by submarinerswife »

How many showed up for that reunion??? Your 20th reunion maybe 20 people showed that including spouses.

I would love to see everyone from the graduating classes without having to have it so formal.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I would say we had about 15-17 graduates show up, some with wives, some without.
Mayor Kilmartin

All Tyrone Reunion

Post by Mayor Kilmartin »

I would like to let you all know that Aug 3rd is Tyrone Day at DelGrosso's Park. We would like to incorporate an all Class Reunion that day as well. Presently, all school students ride and swim for free the whole day thanks to many local organizations. Some of the things provided during the day: Mini-golf tournament, hula hoop contest, talent contest for all ages, raffle and many more things. It is a great day and hopefully we could pull together the Alumni Association :thumb:
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

August 3 is not Tyrone Day, it is WTRN Day.

It has been for many many years. For what the Simpsons and the staff of WTRN has done for the community for all those years, give the day the proper respect it deserves.

There is no Tyrone day.
Mayor Kilmartin

You are partially right

You are partially right Mr. Harlow. It is WTRN & Tyrone Day at DelGrosso's Park.
djbigdawg1

Post by djbigdawg1 »

Sorry Mr Mayor but it has always been WTRN Day......its never been known as Tyrone Day. i agree with harlow on this one. the only Tyrone Day i have ever heard advertised is from the Altoona Curve. Cary deserves the respect that comes with WTRN and all they have done for the community.

I do agree about having a community/reunion day at Delgrossos. having all the classes invited would be fun. seeing those who graduated before or after u that u hung out with would be cool. as to the individual classes, they can still hold their own specialized reunions with sit down dinners, social hour(s) and dances. im sorry that your reunion wasnt well attended terry but from what i know, there wasnt much activity done by your officers in charge. they waited too long to put something together.

so what does everyone think about having one?
Mayor Kilmartin

Please check out what DelGrossos website lists. If you have issues with it, please take it up with DelGrossos.

It is known as Tyrone Community Day on August 3rd.

http://www.delgrossos.com/events.html
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Looks like Tyrone Day to me.... oh, and ya'll can get Texas Hot Dogs just a hair down from Martin's near the enterance to the Pepsi plant and they are only a dime.
djbigdawg1

Post by djbigdawg1 »

This e-cafe is for people to express their opinions. In harlow and mines opinion, we still consider that day as "wtrn day" not "tyrone day" at delgrossos park. it doesnt matter to me and quite a few others what label the park puts on that day, we were just expressing our opinion that this is what it is to us. mayor kilmartin decides to prove us wrong by "proving" what the day is called. to me and a few others, it doesnt matter that delgrossos park names it "tyrone day"now......to us it is a day to celebrate the work and dedication of carey simpson and his station WTRN in the community of Tyrone. this "tyrone day" that is named now, comes from a park that MANY still call "Blands Park" NOT Delgrossos Park. so in closing please respect our opinions (no matter how wrong they may be) and accept the fact that a few people have them.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Bill: That's a HUGE stretch to try and ignore the fact you are just dead wrong. Jim wan't trying to downplay WTRN in any manner. He simply stated that Tyrone Day was at the Park and a few just wanted to try to label him as wrong. Come on, cut a person a break when it is well deserved.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

As a recall, Pennsylvania is part of the Colonies. It isn't a State. It's a colony. It's how we should respect our founders and that's my opinion. So Bill, give the Quakers their due respect and stop calling it a State. It's a colony (even if I am wrong.)