R.I.P. Miss Hannold

Remember who your best friends were in high school? TyronePA.com would like to help you find them! Submit their name and your own, along with any message you have for them and you might get a response from them! Good Luck!
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

R.I.P. Miss Hannold

Post by BeachBiker »

http://www.tyronepa.com/news/article.php?id=6940

I was saddened to hear of her passing; she provided many of us with a pleasant and memorable "initiation" to the school system.

I ran into her several years ago at a relative's funeral, and it seemed that she hadn't changed at all over the years.

Although, as she walked away, I swear I heard her mutter something about suffering a "double heathen whammy" at Washington School a long time ago when she had me and "that incorrigible little Buck boy" in back-to-back years...
sissy31696

Post by sissy31696 »

Yes, this is sad....
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

Mike... I wasn't incorrigable, just slightly uncontrollable. But I agree.. She never changed... what an amazing person. We were lucky to have had such a patient person for our initiation to the public school system.. :(
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

I missed Kindergarten but remember my brother talking of her before..She did an awesome job as most teachers did back then.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Bill Latchford wrote:I missed Kindergarten but remember my brother talking of her before...
If you're referring to Verden, I believe he and I were classmates in Ms Hannold's kindergarten.

I don't know which is more amazing - that he remembers back then - or that I do...
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

BeachBiker wrote:
Bill Latchford wrote:I missed Kindergarten but remember my brother talking of her before...
If you're referring to Verden, I believe he and I were classmates in Ms Hannold's kindergarten.

I don't know which is more amazing - that he remembers back then - or that I do...
hehehe Actually I was talking about my brother Ardean...But hey that's ok. I am sure Verden remembers here also. For all that has been said about her I feel that I had missed out a bit by skipping Kindergaten. :D
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Bill Latchford wrote:hehehe Actually I was talking about my brother Ardean...But hey that's ok. I am sure Verden remembers here also. For all that has been said about her I feel that I had missed out a bit by skipping Kindergaten. :D
Yea, I wasn't sure if you meant Verden or Ardean (who IS younger than Verden and I, of course).
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Bill Latchford wrote:I missed Kindergarten but remember my brother talking of her before..She did an awesome job as most teachers did back then.
Bill, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I know for a fact you missed at least half of 9th grade too..... you were in 3 classes of me and I think you got more sleep in class than you did at night.
ardean

Post by ardean »

Hey T.B. How are ya? Bill, Ms. Hannold was a great teacher but which great things did I talk to you about in regards to her. There were sooo many...hmmm...let me think...was it the time she sprayed me with Lysol or the great time I had when she kept slapping my fingers 'cause I couldn't tie my own shoes :wink: Seriously though, I do, as I'm sure many others do, have fond memories of her. You don't find many teachers like her anymore.