Digging a Well, (John 4:14)

TyronePA.com welcomes the writing talents that past and present members of the community have to offer. Submit your poems about Tyrone, or poems that you would like to share with the community here!
moses lee
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Digging a Well, (John 4:14)

Post by moses lee »

I'm digging a well /so I can find the water/ thats been covered by the dirt from the path that I have chose/ I want to be like those ones who sit around me/ with God's love in thier eyes and a face of faith that glows/ I chose the wide path/ that many others travel/ embraced by the world and all it had to give/ all that it gave left me shamed cold and hollow/ a broken down man without a will to live/ Then a shepherd spoke without speaking/ handed me a shovel/ placed his pierced hands upon mine and showed me where to start/ and I Praise the Lamb of God for the blood he shed to save me/ and I'm digging for that water because my soul is parched. -end- Moses Lee
paula

Post by paula »

Moses, Digging a well has some terrific imagery. Isn't it interesting that some of us (the Samaritan Woman) can just go to the well and take water, and others of us have to dig, clear away the debris and tend the spring, before we can drink? Keep those poems coming. PAULA
moses lee
MVP Member

The Well

Post by moses lee »

Ain't that the truth, P. I guess you can go back to the story of the two vases, both made the same but, one with flowers and the other filled with garabage. When I think of the one filled with garabage I think of a compost which in the long run help the flowers grow. Thanks for your input. You are a very insightful writer and I respect all of your comments. Moses.
Leep

Post by Leep »

Moses, I just read this and i want to say I was moved by it- you possess a talent man. Thanks for sharing.
Leep out: