Cynical look backwards 9/14/03

TyronePA.com welcomes the writing talents that past and present members of the community have to offer. Submit your poems about Tyrone, or poems that you would like to share with the community here!
moses lee
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Cynical look backwards 9/14/03

Post by moses lee »

There was a period in the past times/ when the farmers hand plowed his fields/ and the size of his property depended on the number of Indians the pony soldiers killed./ The Indians loved the land but we claimed they didn't know God above/ Then in the same breath we took the Black man as slaves to dig and sow our crops./ A cynical look about our past and what we have become/ a people who have built a civilized land on greed, lies and blood./ This is not a protest against this country or this beautiful land./ Just a backwards look about our past and the evil nature of man. - end - Moses Lee
Mark Fink

Another Look Backwards

Post by Mark Fink »

You are so right and it makes me take another look backwards. Even farther back.

There once was a time when God created a "farm" called Heaven and he had workers who were called angels. One of those angels, Lucifer was also driven by greed and attempted to put himself on God's throne. When God cast him out of heaven he came to another place God had created, Earth. Still with a heart of greed and being the father of lies he sought to gain control again through deception. He seems to find a way to enslave much of mankind. We become slaves to our sins and bad habits. Instead of serving the good God who created us we often serve ourselves or even become enslaved to the fallen angel Lucifer.

In both cases, judgment will come. Satan has been judged and will one day be sentenced to eternity in his place. Mankind who follows his way and his example of oppressing others will also be given their due.
Vengence is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord.Hebrews 10:30
moses lee
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Very True

Post by moses lee »

Right on Mark, Its tough to walk around with one foot in the spiritual and on foot in the world. To totally go spiritual maybe we ought to get rid of our ssn's don't work for any corporations live off the grid and seek God thru Jesus in that manner. I'm not being cynical about this. Just a thought I had. Just seems like God gives us good things then we take it and twist it and mess everything up.