[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TyronePA e-cafe - Tyrone Pennsylvania Community Forum • View topic - The Man With No Brain: Part Three:
Board index Arts, Entertainment, and Activities The Inkwell The Man With No Brain: Part Three:

The Man With No Brain: Part Three:

A place for Short Stories, fiction or non. Please be sure to credit all sources if they are not your own.

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:26 pm
Leep Senior Member

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:50 pm
watcher MVP Member

Leep,

I thought I responded to this story a long time ago, but I still really like this! Have you tried to get it published? I love the whole story, particularly this part. It is kind of bizarre, and a little creepy, but it reminds me of Stephen King, but with a point to the whole thing, somehow. I don't know if that makes sense or not. It seems like a dream I could have had or been in, somehow. Anyway, thanks for posting this, again! Merry Christmas!!!

watcher :bluebounce:

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:22 am
Leep Senior Member

Thanks Watcher for the response..
I have posted these and other stories on a lot of different forums....I am currently working on a Western that William W. Johnstone read a few months ago. My last correspondence with him was when he wrote that, "Norm, I am printing it out now and will read it over the weekend." I never heard from this great writer again. I thought , Boy it must be really bad."
A couple months ago I received a letter from Jo Johnstone and she informed me that William had passed and she was going through his files and ran across my story.. She also said his son J.A. was taking over Mr Johnstones writing.. She said she had originally thought that my story was one that J.A. (his son) was working on until she read it all and got to my name.
I felt this was some small validation of my work, but now i have to finish it...if for no other reason that I believe William would expect it of me...So, we shall see.
Oh, If I did not thank you for responding, please allow me to do so now..
I have come here occasionally and gone into this site and always come away figuratively scratching my head.
I belong to perhaps 10 different forums, a lot of them sportsmen forums, and a lot of them that are run by disabled people.
This is the only place that I have posted my "shorts" that has , for the most part, generated no response or comments, except for the one post in the Big Hole River, that still perplexes me....Curious...
Take care....
Leep:

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:59 pm
watcher MVP Member

Leep,

You are so welcome! Congratulations on having a western published! That sounds so exciting! Please let us, or me, know when and where it will be available!
I have been on several forums too, and I do like some because of the dialogue, but there is something about this forum I like too, (although I personally am tired of windmills). I hope to be able to see some of my work published too...I had a very favorable response about something I wrote, but it is so hard to keep pursuing it when your time is limited. There are so many good stories out there too. I actually had a crazy idea recently about opening my own literary firm, but I have no idea if I could even do it...except I would love to see some of these "unknowns" get out there in print....Well, sorry about the long response, but please let me know how you make out!

Watcher :thumb:

Return to The Inkwell