Memories (that are beginning to fade....)

A place for Short Stories, fiction or non. Please be sure to credit all sources if they are not your own.
snyd2001
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by snyd2001 »

maybe you can put the onions in a seperate baggie so the rest of the hoagie doesn't get soggy?
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Is driving 4 hour one way for lunch and coming home after a bit ridiculous?
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

banksy wrote:Is driving 4 hour one way for lunch and coming home after a bit ridiculous?
It is if you find out they "ran out of hoagie rolls" just before you got there...... :banghead:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

No kidding! Then I would have to go to OIP, a very nice alternative, but certainly not worth the 4 hour drive.
jilt64

Speaking of...

Post by jilt64 »

Okay! Well I finally had a famous East End hoagie tonight, and it was DELICIOUS!!! I got it hot, and I love the hot pepper rings!

Yes, I agree this would be worth shipping, but maybe you should just eat them when you're here...or maybe both.

Although I can see why they wouldn't last on a road trip!!! :D :lol:

P.S.

When I mentioned I'd never had an East End Hoagie, they forgave me after they heard I was from Altoona. But just curious, why is it East End, if it's on the West side of town?
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

Actually it is on the east side of Tyrone..Back in the day... When the Dollar General was a bowling alley, it was aptly named West End Lanes.. And if I recall we always called the east end of Tyrone" LIttle Italy".. Just a little trivia.. BTW welcome to the fold of East End Hoagie Devotees.. Been eating them myself for about 35 years.. Got a late start cuz I was from the west end ( Washington Ave.) Too bad you'll NEVER get to taste the Hub Pizza.. mmmmmmmmm
jilt64

East End hoagies

Post by jilt64 »

Okay, thanks! I was confused when I saw the signs for West 16th, and West 15th, etc...I still don't exactly understand, but I'm pretty bad on directions too. Thanks again, and I look forward to eating many more East End hoagies!!! :thumb:
Leep

Post by Leep »

Okay... I do like the East End Hoagies, but did you have to remind me of the Hub Pizza too... :(

Heartless, man, just heartless... :P

Leep Out:
Butterball

Post by Butterball »

I have family that lives in Delaware and every time we travel the 4.5 hours we are demanded to take 6-8 east end hogies just for them and if get there in time for dinner we will take about 15 and have some of there friends over. The bad thing is they never get them very fresh because when they do come up East End Pizza is never opened.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who gives me strenth