a quiet night

A place for Short Stories, fiction or non. Please be sure to credit all sources if they are not your own.
watcher
MVP Member

a quiet night

Post by watcher »

Today, on a quiet night...

my life slipped away, like a string of pearls. One by one, their essence was softly stilled, and I wondered how it all happened like this. I lived a full life, I saw many dreams fulfilled. My wife, my sons, my challenges, all have now almost gotten ready to move on. Someone else must complete them. I have seen idea after idea come to fruition, and others become undone...but, I would enjoy one more day with you. Today is Father's Day, somehow it seems fitting....that I am lying here with you beside me. I thought back through how you have been with me all this time, how we've supported each other, through health, sickness, life, and now death. I know you have kept me dreaming, and my God has been merciful....I could say more. Somehow, though, I just want to slip away,

on a quiet night....

author's note:

To George, with love :h
Leep
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: a quiet night

Post by Leep »

Very nice.... :thumb:
Thanks...

Leep:
watcher
MVP Member

Re: a quiet night

Post by watcher »

Thanks, Leep! I changed the format a little and made this into a poem after posting it, but I appreciate your comment! :D