MANSION IN PART OF TOWN UNDER I99 ???

Got a question you would like answered? Post here for possible answers to all your Tyrone questions.
johnh373

MANSION IN PART OF TOWN UNDER I99 ???

Post by johnh373 »

In the 70's, before I99 was built in Tyrone ( yeah ... it was compleated in Tyrone that long ago ) there was a mansion in the area between where the Assembly of God Church sits now, and the mountain. In that neighborhood where about 20 to 25 homes were taken thru "eminent domain" and destroyed. From what I remember ... it was a rather large home made from brick and stone and was taken apart brick by brick, timber by timber and moved, I believe, to either Connecticut or Rhode Island.

The question is, did this actually happen as I described ... Or was this an acid induced trip I took back in the day ???? Any help or recolection would be appreciated. Does anyone else share this rememberance ???
OIUHIII
AuntP78
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Re: MANSION IN PART OF TOWN UNDER I99 ???

Post by AuntP78 »

According to John Niebauer, he remembers tearing down the former "McLanahan Mansion", which was located behind Bald Eagle Avenue, between 10th and 11th Street. He said he found prints to the home inside of it, which shows how the house was assembled. He originally had a buyer for the house, but the buyer backed out and the powers that be were pressuring him to get it down quickly, which he did. He said that each stone had a number on it that corresponded to the print. So, no, you weren't dreaming - it really did exist, but sadly, no more.