Tyrone Photos

Got a question you would like answered? Post here for possible answers to all your Tyrone questions.
chief-logan

Tyrone Photos

Post by chief-logan »

This is my first posting using the name of my business, Chief Logan Enterprise INC. I am an amature Tyrone historian and have finally gotten organized enought to start constructing a book.

Thanks to the many people I worked for over the years in Tyrone, getting into attics and basements and patiently listening to their stories, some going back to the Civil War, I have compiled enough data to acurately describe most photos. I have also built a pretty good library of books, clippngs and newspapers.

So, what I am asking should anyone want to donate or loan old family photos taken outside in locations of interest in Town or in one of the parks, I would be happy to be the recipient. What I am lacking right now are photos of firemen, fire houses, a few locations downtown, perhaps an older photo of a policeman, wagons with business names on the side. I have many but additional unusual one always make for a better product. Should I get to use anything, photo credits would be given.

Should you be cleaning out Grandma's house because she has gone to Arizona and you do not want all that old paper or photos, let me know. The book project is in the preliminary stages. There are a million hoops to jump but I found an editor and have to submit about 21 essays before I even get approval. My phone is 215-597-1065 and my email is
chief-logan@comcast.net. I also enjoy local family histories, especially when one can trace their family in Tyrone back to the 1880s and earlier. Should anybody have a question about Tyrone history, I can always try to find the answer.

Regards, Chief-logan