Bob Rupert and Bob Bilger

For those great ones of Tyrone Past and Present...
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Bob Rupert and Bob Bilger

Post by banksy »

When I think back on my youth one thing I remember with a lot of fondness is playing Youth Football in Tyrone. While I still love football, I learned quite a lot more than X's and O's in Tyrone Youth Football.

Thanks to people like Bob Rupert and Bob Bilger I learned a lot about myself. How to push it when you think your tank is empty, disipline, and teamwork. When my father passed away when I was 10, I still remember Mr. Rupert and Mr. Bilger sending flowers on behalf of the entire team.

I remember that both Mr. Ruper and Mr. Bilger were strict, somewhat scarry at times, but as I got older I learned to appreciate their ways. They never allowed you to take the short cut way of things, always the hard route. I never really got to thank them as a youth and time has run out on them, but remembering here is a good way to spark a conversation on others in the community that you may remember.

Go Buckeyes!
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

I think Bob Rupert's Dad who started Rupert Chevy back in the day was a good role model. I played minor league for him and Bill Milton back in the day.

I am waiting for someone to nominate me. Ha Ha
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Geesh, it's come to you begging? *lol*