Butterfly

Got some seasonal photos, or pictures you want to share? Post them here for the rest of us to see.
Something to say
MVP Member

Butterfly

Post by Something to say »

While camping at Prince Galitzen...this butterfly flew onto my hand. I admired it as it moved about very slowly....then ...ughh....it flew off my hand onto the table and.......died.

The very next day this critter was crawling about on that same table.....I no absolutely nothing about butterflies.....but I thought this caterpillar could very well be a monarch ?? Anyone know?

BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Butterfly

Post by BeachBiker »

Something to say wrote:The very next day this critter was crawling about on that same table.....I no absolutely nothing about butterflies.....but I thought this caterpillar could very well be a monarch ?? Anyone know?
The butterfly is definately a Monarch.

However, monarch butterfly caterpillars have many very noticable bands around the WIDTH of their body.

I'd say that's a young mapleworm MOTH caterpillar.

How do I remember these things?
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

And here I thought a caterpiller turned into a butterfly.....not the other way around... :huh: :wink:
Something to say
MVP Member

Thanks Beachbiker! Amazing how we store and recall some things, huh? I remember very little about anything I learned in school.......lol. I do remember dangling participles......my English teacher was constantly correcting me...lol. < I still dangle >
Something to say
MVP Member

RedhairNFreckles wrote:And here I thought a caterpiller turned into a butterfly.....not the other way around... :huh: :wink:
:lol:
moses lee
MVP Member

Post by moses lee »

You must put out good vibes for the little critter to sit on your hand and pose for you.