Smearcase

Got some great recipes you'd like to share? Poke your head in to see what's cooking... and bring a spoon.
Robbuck
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Smearcase

Post by Robbuck »

Hey all. My wife's Aunt Janet used to make smearcase. It was made with cottage chese and it resembled a pudding. I have searched for this on many websites and always was returned with a recipe for smearcase cake. :oops: This is not a cake and not what we are looking for . If anyone has this recipe, especially anyone in the Keefer or Snyder clan. please post or drop me a PM. Thanks
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment
Mainegirl

Post by Mainegirl »

http://www.online-kitchen.com/blogs/node/803

This is all I could find. Hope it helps!
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

Thanks Mainegirl, But I guess that's not quite it. I'm not sure but I think this was sweet and had cinnamon in it. Could be she doctored hers in a unique way that made it memorable. thanks for trying though... :D
Robbuck
MVP Member

Re: Smearcase

Post by Robbuck »

:D Hey all .. Just thought I'd post a follow-up, since I started this thread. My wife talked to a relative of her aunts and got the ingedient list for Smearcase but not the quantities. So I guess we'll have to play with it and see if we can match the taste she remembers.. Thanks to all for your suggestions and interest... If anyone's interested in our results let me know and i'll post them here...Rob :bluebounce:
Something to say
MVP Member

Re: Smearcase

Post by Something to say »

I thought smearcase was just another name for cottage cheese. I know when I was young my gramma used to cream cottage cheese and add vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg to it and it was really good...she just always called it spiced-up smearcase...LOL