Prayer Shawl Mission Project

Have an upcoming church event or function? Post your information here!
momto2

Prayer Shawl Mission Project

Post by momto2 »

Upper Spruce Creek Presbyterian Church (yes, I know we are not in Tyrone but most of our youth attend Tyrone schools) is celebrating 150 years of worship in our current building. As part of our celebration, we have a goal of collecting 150 knitted or crocheted prayer shawls. The handful of knitters in our congregation cannot handle this themselves so we are encouraging the community to help.

If you are a knitter or know a knitter who might be interested, give the church a call at 632-9088. If you need a pattern we will get one out to you right away. Another resource for patterns is http://www.shawlministry.com.

We will dedicate the shawls on Christmas Eve and shortly thereafter send them to our pastor, Rev. John M. Diller, who will be serving in Iraq as a Chaplain with the soldiers from the Tyrone armory. The shawls will be given to locals wherever the unit happens to be.
Thanks for your help and bless you!

By the way, if you go past the church, located on Rt. 45 in Graysville, and you like historic buildings please feel free to stop in and look around. We are a loving church in the reformed tradition. Sunday worship is at 10:30 a.m. Also, visit us at http://www.uppersprucecreek.pcusa.cc.
Something to say
MVP Member

Re: Prayer Shawl Mission Project

Post by Something to say »

What a lovely idea! I'll talk to my daughter and let the church know if she wants to commit to a few... I'm sure she would.
momto2

Re: Prayer Shawl Mission Project

Post by momto2 »

Thank you, Community, for all the views! We have been getting quite a response. Please continue to spread the word about this project. Remember also to pray for the Iraqi citizens while you are knitting; very important to the concept behind the prayer shawls. Blessing to you all.