Please Pray

Didn't get enough at the game? C'mon in and share the experience with the rest of us!!!
no-it-all
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Please Pray

Post by no-it-all »

Pray for jr high wrestler Caleb Snyder. From what I understand, he suffered a broken neck at a tourney at Bellefonte Saturday; he was lifeflighted to Geisinger and has had several surgeries. He has some feeling in extremities, but only some movement in hands....that's as of yesterday morning, haven't had any updates since. He had the ventilator removed, but there was talk of it being put back on because of fluid build up. It doesn't look great right now.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Re: Please Pray

Post by My2Cents »

no-it-all wrote:Pray for jr high wrestler Caleb Snyder. From what I understand, he suffered a broken neck at a tourney at Bellefonte Saturday; he was lifeflighted to Geisinger and has had several surgeries. He has some feeling in extremities, but only some movement in hands....that's as of yesterday morning, haven't had any updates since. He had the ventilator removed, but there was talk of it being put back on because of fluid build up. It doesn't look great right now.
:( will do...
forever19

Post by forever19 »

Oh,my goodness! I will definetly keep him & his family in my prayers.
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

Some good news--- This morning, Calebs' fever broke, they have the ventilator and halo off, and had him sitting up. I hear he has better movement in his arms as well, still just the sense of touch in his legs, so keep praying! Anything is possible with the Lord!
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

I hadn't heard anything about his, thanks for keeping us posted. He's in my prayers this evening.
curvefan

Post by curvefan »

Praying here too.
SoccerMom
MVP Member

Post by SoccerMom »

Wrestling community responds

BY ERIC KNOPSNYDER
The Tribune-Democrat
BEDFORD. — It was an emotional scene at the Thomas Automotive Family Wrestling Tournament on Saturday.

It wasn’t so much the action on the mats, which was stellar as usual, as what was happening in the stands that made such an impact.

Wrestling coaches, parents and boosters from schools far and wide – most of whom probably had never heard of Caleb Snyder before Saturday morning – were donating to help the injured Tyrone wrestler.

Snyder, a ninth-grade student, suffered a broken neck earlier this season at a junior high tournament, and the medical bills are mounting for his family.

In what Tyrone coach Blair Packer called “a freak accident,” Snyder landed wrong and broke his neck and lost movement in his limbs. He was flown to Geisinger Medical Center and underwent a pair of operations.

“In the beginning, he didn’t have any feeling in his fingers,” Packer said. “After he got down there, he started having feeling in arms and feeling in his feet.”

But Snyder wasn’t out of the woods just yet. He developed pneumonia, causing one of his lungs to collapse.

Packer is still hopeful about Snyder’s future, but he knows that the recovery process will be long – and expensive.

“He’s supposed to go to some rehab center in Philadelphia,” Packer said.

That’s where the fans at Bedford stepped in on Saturday.

It didn’t matter that most of the people in attendance had probably never heard of Snyder, nor seen him wrestle.

Nor that money is tight for most families in these turbulent economic times.

All that mattered was that one of their own was in need, and the wrestling community responded.

Mark Dugan, who is now better known for his Off The Mat Rankings than for the two state titles he won at Moshannon Valley in late 1970s, led the charge. During the semifinal round, Dugan got on the microphone and asked fans to pitch in and help Snyder.

The response was overwhelming.

Within minutes, the Northern Bedford wrestling boosters had donated $100 and challenged the other schools at the tournament to match it.

Soon, donations were pouring in from other booster clubs, as well as individual parents and fans.

By the end of the round, more than $1,000 had been raised.

By the time the finals were about to start Saturday night, the total pledged to support the Tyrone family had skyrocketed to $2,438.41.

Tears filled Packer’s eyes at the thought of how so many had come together to help someone so few know.

“I get emotional talking about it,” he said. “I’ve been a part of the wrestling community for so long, and it’s such a family.”

Thankfully, an injury like Snyder’s is extremely rare. It wasn’t caused by an illegal move or malicious intent, and something like it could have happened to anyone who has stepped on a mat.

That’s why the reaction to Snyder’s situation shouldn’t be surprising.

Sure, wrestling fans are quick to boo any wrestler they think is faking an injury just to get a timeout. And yes, they’ll scream at an official they believe has wronged them. But when the last mat is rolled up and the trophies are all handed out, it’s one big family.

Eric Knopsnyder is a sports editor of The Tribune-Democrat
skippy

Post by skippy »

Does anyone have an update on Caleb's status? He continues to be in my thoughts and prayers.
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

Today is Calebs' B-day; I hear he moved a foot today, and is moving his fingers.(not sure if he's grasping anything yet with the hands) Great sign! Keep up the prayers. He still has a couple weeks of therapy in Philly yet so anything can happen. :thumb:
skippy

Post by skippy »

Thanks for the update....we are pulling for him. :thumb:
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

For those that haven't already heard; Calebs' therapy was due to be up but they are keeping him a while longer because of his progress. Tommy Getz was just down to visit Thursday, he told me that Caleb is moving his legs,(real good movement in one) and all his toes. They even have him on a treadmill wearing a harness, I hear the harness is only supporting 40% of his weight, so he's doing the other 60% on his own. AWESOME!! Keep working Caleb ! We'll keep praying. You and the Lord can do anything. News like that brightens the crappiest of days.