TYrone Will Shine Tonite...

Didn't get enough at the game? C'mon in and share the experience with the rest of us!!!
Robbuck
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

TYrone Will Shine Tonite...

Post by Robbuck »

Does anyone know where the tune Tyrone will shine tonite came from?? Seems like we've been singing it forever just wondered if it came from something else anybody know?? Harlow???
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

The song is called Our Team Will Shine Tonight and was written in 1919.

The Author is unknown.

I know there was sheet music for the band, but as drummers, we never saw it because the percussion part of the song was made up by us years ago.

I hope the new Band Director has our band where they can play the song without it sounding like a mess.
djbigdawg1

Post by djbigdawg1 »

being a former percussionist with harlow, i have to agree with him about the sheet music for drummers. BUT i will say this, gerry handed out the sheet music BUT we the drummers sort have lost it within the week of recieving it. we were better that way anyways........LOL
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I have heard it being played at college games as well. Michigan State plays it on occassion....and even the d*mn Bellefonte band plays it now as "Bellefonte will shine."
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

Bill,

Be honest with the people. If there was percussion sheet music, you couldn't read it anyway. Neither could I or half of the DRUMMERS Tyrone ever had. We weren't percussionists, because we couldn't play bells or xylophone. I learned that at County Band one year.

Now if we could just get the ripple down in They Are Playing Our Song or Lift the Lamp beside the GD Door, all would be good.
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

Harlow, thanks for the info. I thought it was our team will shine tonite.. after your post i was ablee to trace it a little better.. Seems Ohio state takes credit for it as originally being ohio will shine tonite.. Got a good pic of Tyrone team and wanted to use the song for a windows open but was only able tofind it in a very poor midi version. But thanks for the info.. went to a fight songs website and found lots of songs but alas no our boys will shine tonight.. Rob
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

Hey just for the record.. I found a good copy of shine on a collegiate football fight songs websight.. thanks for all your help :D