A New NASCAR Season.. Who's Your Driver?

Didn't get enough at the game? C'mon in and share the experience with the rest of us!!!
Robbuck
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

A New NASCAR Season.. Who's Your Driver?

Post by Robbuck »

Well all you NASCAR fans.. :bluebounce: :bluebounce: Who's the driver you want to win Daytona.. Or the Cup.. Mine's is Dale Jarrett.. Been a fan since he was subbing for Ernie Irvin..as long as it's Dale Jarrett and anyone but Gordon I'm happy.. :rofl: How 'bout it Beach Biker???
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Left turns only don't cut it for me. I'd rather use barbed wire as nasal floss as opposed to watch some rednecks drive in circles all day. Sorry Nascar fans, and I know there are tons of 'em, I just don't get it.
Robbuck
MVP Member

Post by Robbuck »

That's OK Banksy... NASCAR is not everyone's quart of oil.. Personally I like all kinds of racing.. But been a NASCAR fan longer than anything else..used to like Harry Gant in the days of the SKOAL Bandit..... but that was a loooong time ago..GO 88 UPS Ford!!!(we wanna race the truck) 8)
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Re: A New NASCAR Season.. Who's Your Driver?

Post by BeachBiker »

Robbuck wrote: How 'bout it Beach Biker???
Truth be told, I never followed NASCAR and still don't. My mother and other fanatical racehead-fan relatives (ahem, Beck :wink:) just can't understand how I can live where I do - so close to Darlington - and not be caught up in it. Dang, I was even offered free tickets, pit passes, chances to work some concessions and other behind-the-scenes activities, etc during my last military assignment nearby and turned them all down.

Going by the NASCAR Cafe, all the local NASCAR gift shops, and other various shrines to the powers of CMRD (Circular-Motion Redneck Drama) all the time does give me the opportunity to tell biting zingers to my Gordon-obsessed Mother as cited here in a few previous posts. It also lets me practice revenge for all those times I got grounded in my youth days. Well, besides that one time I abused my TPD authority and did a traffic stop on her on her way back from Tipton Bingo. :stick:

I just say let the best man (or in the future, woman :thumb:) win - as long as that person acts like a sportsperson who appreciates the fans.

As far as being a spectator and fan, I would probably do so if they changed the rules at George Carlin's suggestion - require one driver to run the race in the opposite direction.

My favorite sport now is going to the beach and watching various clones of the Swedish Bikini Team. Unlike the pictured ones in another current discussion here, those chests don't warp when THEY get wet. :bluebounce:
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

I love watching Beachbiker's fanatical mother scream when the 20 car who is my favorite puts the 24 car which is her favorite into the wall like he did today.

Go ORANGE CAR!
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

I missed that - slept through it.

But I'm SURE I'll hear ALLLLLLLLL about it when the phone rings, while displaying that familiar 814 area code number on the caller ID, tomorrow.
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

Barney Oldfife I think is my favorite all time driver. I enjoy watching the crashes but other than that I don't know much about NASCAR.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Barney Oldfife.....I didn't know that ex-Tyroen cop Jeff 'SomethingOrOther' was driving Neck-Car.
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

Woops I am such a fan I had his name spelled wrong.

Barney Oldfield - 1910

Lincoln Beachey and Barney Oldfield gave joint exhibitions at least 35 times during 1914. Oldfield, simply the most famous race driver in the U.S., and Beachey, then among the most famous aviators in the world, staged hippodrome races throughout the U.S. These were not races in the true meaning of the word, for it really mattered little who won, since Beachey and Oldfield were partners. The important thing was to put on a good show, and that they certainly did, without a doubt.
[/img]http://www.rumbledrome.com/images/barney34.jpg