[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TyronePA e-cafe - Tyrone Pennsylvania Community Forum • View topic - Nice Season Tyrone... Bellwood still in the Hunt!
Board index Our Community Sports Discussions Nice Season Tyrone... Bellwood still in the Hunt!

Nice Season Tyrone... Bellwood still in the Hunt!

Didn't get enough at the game? C'mon in and share the experience with the rest of us!!!

150thBucktailCo.I User avatar
MVP Member

Tyrone Golden Eagle Football had another great run this year, but again came up short against Bishop McCort. The team appeared flat to me most of the game except for a few individual players. It was a heck of a game with each team trading score for score. After the interception return for a TD, I thought that might spark a victorious comeback, but it just never materialized. Tyrone couldn't stop the long pass plays with single coverage. Still a good season, overall.

The Blue Devils continue to roll by beating Juniata Valley today. They did have a difficult time stopping the JV option running game at times, but did enough to pull out a victory. BA did have a TD called back on a holding penalty in the 2nd quarter which really could've opened things up early. But, the game was close until the 4th quarter when the BA offense scored to go up by 2 TD's, and then the defense held JV on 4 downs deep in scoring position near the 10 yard line. Give credit to JV, they came out with nothing to lose and really put up a hard fought game all the way.

Now Bellwood-Antis plays Steelton-Highspire out of Harrisburg at Mansion Park. This is an inner city team, so that might give you an idea of what to expect. With Hollidaysburg losing as well, BA is now the lone Blair county team to be moving on for the chance at a state championship.

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:42 am
banksy User avatar
MVP Member

Good Luck to the Blue Devils, but not sure what you are inferring by "inner-city" so you know what to expect?

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:54 am
Blackout New Member

What in the world does the inner city comment mean??

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:51 am
150thBucktailCo.I User avatar
MVP Member

Typically big, fast, and strong at all positions with depth.

Most inner city or urban teams (such as WPIAL) are typically made from that mode because of the amount of population surrounding their district, even though their district may be Class A.

So, if either of you are attempting to imply a racist or demeaning remark by my reference to inner city and what to expect, both of you are just looking for or attempting to create controversy and baiting for racism.

:stick:

I'm not politically correct, but I do not condone racism either.

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:39 pm
Rick User avatar
Administrator

You've now got my attention. Please keep the comments on track; you may explain yourselves, but this thread goes away quickly if it escalates.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and .
Be sure to check out our area too!
Thank you

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:29 pm
hykesmill User avatar

Steel High has as many security measures as the Blair county jail.

Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:41 pm
jayestewart User avatar
MVP Member

I trust I am responding to the post correctly. My school is often referred to as an inner city team because we have very diverse population. I sometimes ask the same question why does that make a difference? Kids are kids. I had some of my student athletes up in Tyrone this summer and I think the Tyrone kids work harder at getting bigger, faster and stronger. So, I think that both communities come to the game to represent their community. After all, that is what the playoffs are all about...one style vs. another style to see whose style is better this year. Good Luck Bellwood!

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:09 am
banksy User avatar
MVP Member

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:11 am
banksy User avatar
MVP Member

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:10 am
Blackout New Member

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:04 pm
hykesmill User avatar

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:48 pm
miss86

Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:47 pm
banksy User avatar
MVP Member

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:39 pm
Harlow MVP Member

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:07 pm
Rick User avatar
Administrator

New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and .
Be sure to check out our area too!
Thank you

Return to Sports Discussions