Nice Season Tyrone... Bellwood still in the Hunt!

Didn't get enough at the game? C'mon in and share the experience with the rest of us!!!
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Nice Season Tyrone... Bellwood still in the Hunt!

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

Tyrone Golden Eagle Football had another great run this year, but again came up short against Bishop McCort. The team appeared flat to me most of the game except for a few individual players. It was a heck of a game with each team trading score for score. After the interception return for a TD, I thought that might spark a victorious comeback, but it just never materialized. Tyrone couldn't stop the long pass plays with single coverage. Still a good season, overall.

The Blue Devils continue to roll by beating Juniata Valley today. They did have a difficult time stopping the JV option running game at times, but did enough to pull out a victory. BA did have a TD called back on a holding penalty in the 2nd quarter which really could've opened things up early. But, the game was close until the 4th quarter when the BA offense scored to go up by 2 TD's, and then the defense held JV on 4 downs deep in scoring position near the 10 yard line. Give credit to JV, they came out with nothing to lose and really put up a hard fought game all the way.

Now Bellwood-Antis plays Steelton-Highspire out of Harrisburg at Mansion Park. This is an inner city team, so that might give you an idea of what to expect. With Hollidaysburg losing as well, BA is now the lone Blair county team to be moving on for the chance at a state championship.

GO BELLWOOD!
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Good Luck to the Blue Devils, but not sure what you are inferring by "inner-city" so you know what to expect?
Blackout

Post by Blackout »

What in the world does the inner city comment mean??
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

Typically big, fast, and strong at all positions with depth.

Most inner city or urban teams (such as WPIAL) are typically made from that mode because of the amount of population surrounding their district, even though their district may be Class A.

So, if either of you are attempting to imply a racist or demeaning remark by my reference to inner city and what to expect, both of you are just looking for or attempting to create controversy and baiting for racism.

:stick:

I'm not politically correct, but I do not condone racism either.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

You've now got my attention. Please keep the comments on track; you may explain yourselves, but this thread goes away quickly if it escalates.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
hykesmill

Post by hykesmill »

Steel High has as many security measures as the Blair county jail.
jayestewart
MVP Member

Post by jayestewart »

I trust I am responding to the post correctly. My school is often referred to as an inner city team because we have very diverse population. I sometimes ask the same question why does that make a difference? Kids are kids. I had some of my student athletes up in Tyrone this summer and I think the Tyrone kids work harder at getting bigger, faster and stronger. So, I think that both communities come to the game to represent their community. After all, that is what the playoffs are all about...one style vs. another style to see whose style is better this year. Good Luck Bellwood!
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

150thBucktailCo.I wrote:Typically big, fast, and strong at all positions with depth.
So, if either of you are attempting to imply a racist or demeaning remark by my reference to inner city and what to expect, both of you are just looking for or attempting to create controversy and baiting for racism.
I wasn't implying anything, just asking, but obviously you assumed different. I am not sure I agree with you that inner-city teams at Class A are deep at every position, but we are all intitled to our own opinions.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

hykesmill wrote:Steel High has as many security measures as the Blair county jail.
Something tells me this is slightly exaggerated, but I get your humor. HaHa.
Blackout

Post by Blackout »

Yes......we were both trying to start a racial riot. Come on now....if you stereotype on here, don't take offense if you get called out about it. Anytime a HS football team makes it to this level in a state playoff, no matter where they are from, the players are going to be bigger, faster, stronger, etc.. So the inner-city reference just doesn't make sense to me. "Can't we all just get along" :thumb:
hykesmill

Post by hykesmill »

banksy wrote:
hykesmill wrote:Steel High has as many security measures as the Blair county jail.
Something tells me this is slightly exaggerated, but I get your humor. HaHa.[/quote

not really, I lived on the hill above Steelton for a while quite a few years ago and it was like the wild west back then.
miss86

Post by miss86 »

That was a great game! The Bellwood kids play hard and have a lot of heart. I hope they go all the way. Let's all show up and give them our support. Don't forget to check out #71 on the line. He is one heck of a player!!!!
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

For a Golden Eagle fan, win or lose for Bellwood it's a good thing... I mean, it's nice to see some area kids get something, but it's also nice to know that Tyrone is the only Dictrict 6, Blair county State Champ!
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

Congratulations to the Blue Devils, but I wouldn't want to be them this week.

Southern Columbia has been in the State Championship every year except one since 1994.

Good luck Blue Devils.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

Bellwood game will be on this evening....

http://www.tyronepa.com/football/online_broadcasts.php

:bluebounce: :bluebounce: :bluebounce:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you