HOAGIE WARS

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Re: HOAGIE WARS

Post by Rick »

While the memory of the EE Hoagie was still fresh in my mind, I wanted to explore the Mac's version as well. So I stopped by tonight and got a Hot Italian for me (a Medium Italian for my wife to try, and a Turkey and a Ham for the tykes). In addition to that, I also spotted and snagged some potato and macaroni salad.

So how do they stack up (in my mind)? I personally feel that even though they are both Hoagies, they are not the same animal at all. First off, as noted before, the Mac's hoagie was 12" compared to 8". Now along with that, there are price differences, which in my mind renders the "size" arguments unfounded. So that leaves the extremely SUBJECTIVE comparison of taste.

ImageImageImage

One thing I noticed right away (and so did my wife, by smell alone) is that the MM "Hot" is not as "Hot" as the EE Hoagie. Now, whether that makes one better than the other depends on how hot you like your hoagie. I, myself, like the hotter, EE hoagie. But one thing I noticed, as well, is that the MM hoagie had sweeter onions, which I liked better than the EE Hoagie.

ImageImage

Now, remember, I have yet to try the entire line of flavors for these hoagies, so over time, I'll try to balance them out and see which ones I like best. Right now, EE has the advantage with me, and it's their turn next.

But, before I forget, MM has one h*ll of a secret weapon: side dishes. The macaroni salad was awesome, and the potato salad was right up there as well.

I have a feeling that if I were to stop at EE and get another "Hot" and walk next door to get salads, I might be pushing my luck for being given hairy eyeballs by either institution.

As it stands now, simply writing these posts here may get me in enough hot water... I may need disguises next time...
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

Rick.... you have my smell-a-vision going into overload trying to get a wiff of this thread.
forever19

Post by forever19 »

:rofl: Now, you know a Tyrone website is the only place where you get to view pics of a hoagie! And only a Tyroner can really appreciate the sight!!! oh, Banksy you're ghonna have to make a trip home soon & get 2 of those bad boys!!
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

I could make a mint shipping these fellas out nationwide, but I think the postal service and drug sniffing airline dogs would have something to say about their vehicles smelling like onions... :eek:
Thank you
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Rick wrote:I could make a mint shipping these fellas out nationwide, but I think the postal service and drug sniffing airline dogs would have something to say about their vehicles smelling like onions... :eek:
Rick,

This is not a concern for me - as I have shared jurisdiction with the Airport Police at Myrtle Beach International.

PS: They DID, however have cautions about anything shipped from Tyrone having "YMCA Asbestos" and "Paper Mill" odors - but I had them remove those entries as outdated.

These cautions did not apply to passengers - as they have absolutely NO records of anyone from Tyrone flying into Myrtle Beach since Hooters Air went out of business...
coldsprings

Post by coldsprings »

gee, could you bring back all those deleted East End threads, just for some entertaining reading?
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

coldsprings wrote:gee, could you bring back all those deleted East End threads, just for some entertaining reading?
Unfortunately, no, they were removed because they became too inflammatory. I liked the civil discussion, but it turned far too ugly.
Thank you
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

People at my office in State Collage don't believe me about how serious our town is about Hoagies. The wars were real :P
DeshawnRos

Post by DeshawnRos »

Bill Latchford wrote:People at my office in State Collage don't believe me about how serious our town is about Hoagies. The wars were real :P
That's funny. I couldn't believe it at first either.