Skate Park

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
rustymyers
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Skate Park

Post by rustymyers »

I heard rumors about a skate park in Tyrone. Where can I get more information about this?
Rick
Administrator

Re: Skate Park

Post by Rick »

New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Bill Latchford
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by Bill Latchford »

I still have not given up...A few ideas left :D
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

:greetings-clapyellow:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Sterba

Post by Sterba »

Are they building the skatepark then?
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

I'm still working on the plan. It has changed in scope over the years. It is going to be proposed that it may be a portable type skate park. I believe that the use of that will help to make others understand how nice it would be to build a nice concrete park. So we went from a $150K type project to around a $10K project. But something is better than nothing. Fingers Crossed
DavidAndrews

Post by DavidAndrews »

Bill Latchford wrote:I'm still working on the plan. It has changed in scope over the years. It is going to be proposed that it may be a portable type skate park. I believe that the use of that will help to make others understand how nice it would be to build a nice concrete park. So we went from a $150K type project to around a $10K project. But something is better than nothing. Fingers Crossed
One year has passed since your last post. Was the portable type skate park build? Can you please update the status?
Nomographer

Post by Nomographer »

Hello to all of you. i am new here and i also heard rumors about a skate park in Tyrone. want to confirm that is these rumors are correct or not
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

The Skate Park is still a bit up in the air even after years. I tried to bring life to it at a public meeting last week. The idea was a portable skate park that could be put up and then taken down on a daily basis and moved to other locations when necessary. The idea of a Skate Park at the Park Ave. Playground was met with resistance from the neighbors, who came to the meeting with a petition. Their understanding was not spot on though. They were thinking it was going to be a permanent installation and was dead set against it.
I may have to work it from another angle I guess. People are say they are for it as long as it is not in their back yard, which means they are against it. It is a shame.
Everyone is fine with the mainstream sports but the action sports garner no such accolades. The youth and young adults, that participate in skateboarding, are looked upon as not worth the effort. Well I think they are and I will keep working toward Tyrone having some sort of Skate Park within its boarders someday.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

Just because I felt like posting here today. The Skate Park did finally make some headway. About $5K worth of Skate Park Ramps and Obstacles were purchased from a company named Freshpark out of California. It is some great equipment and we did get some use out of it so far. We have met resistance from some Community members on its usage though. We were going to set up the equipment at the Community Worship Center. We were very excited but then could find a place to put the storage shed. The equipment needs set up and torn down for each use. We ran it a few times up at the swimming pool parking lot, which went very well until we received negative feedback from a neighbor.
We had 35 + folks use it throughout the first weekend of its use. We just have to find a break on Storage and utilization to have it running more often.
There you go a little bit of an update on the Tyrone Skate Park :-)