What would you do to make Tyrone a better place?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
150thBucktailCo.I
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by 150thBucktailCo.I »

That's lettuce and onions.. let's not cut them short.

:P
Uncle Vito

Post by Uncle Vito »

Hey banksy- you gonna be around this weekend? An east end hoagie sounds pretty good. Been a few years (decades) since I had one. Think it was band camp back in '85. Just got over the heartburn from the freakin' onions last week.
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

Uncle Vito,

I was wondering when you were going to come take care of business in Tyrone.

You need to keep people from doing criminal acts because it would hurt the reputation of your heritage.

Now if the Staff Car was still available.
Beck

Post by Beck »

Actually the former Big Yank building would be a good place for a methadone clinic... I must pass that info along!!!!
Blain

Post by Blain »

I talked to Slippery Pete today, he was asking me if I thought he could get Vito to support his campaign. He felt that since Vito had somehow managed to get the single biggest paycheck in AMN history, he could eventually get Vito a state job in the commerce department.
Uncle Vito

Post by Uncle Vito »

HMMM... let's see- $3.45 per hour times 132 hours- That's $545.10 for two weeks work- (if I got overtime @ 1.5 times the hourly rate). Somehow, I don't think campaign aspirations will rise and fall on those kinds of earnings. I had't even figured in fuel cost for the Staff Car! I seem to recall that was the week that Moses sold 150 ads for Wolf Furniture and I had to call all the minor league playoff games from to roof of the dugout up in Pleasant Valley somewhere. Or maybe that was the week that someone tore up the control room and it needed put back together! In any event, I was told by the boss lady to enjoy that one- 'cause its the last time you'll ever see one that big. (And I never did)
Blain

Post by Blain »

Several of the overtime hours were spent filling out a year of back affidavits that Harlow had neglected, and driving to Windber in the b*tchin' Cierra to call the dirt track races at Windber Speedway.
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

Yes I didn't do a year's of affadavits. I was good at not doing paperwork.

At least I didn't take the board away.
kisefac

Post by kisefac »

:guns: i've been a country girl all of my life. two years ago, i added tyrone to my living arrangements and make commutes periodically. i've noticed a few things, parking in town stinks, solutions? the empty factory on lincoln avenue has such promise for the right enterprise. town cops with a stop watch is like handing a match to a baby, you never know where they're going to strike and how accurate! the grade school on lincoln could be turned into elderly housing units like up town, that was a great idea. the ymca definately needs to go, what an eyesore. the drugs and the vandalism by minors needs more than a slap on the wrist and that would help clean up an otherwise awesome town.
monecheri

Post by monecheri »

first thing that needs done is the peanut factory needs turned in to something or tore down . that would eliminate the rats that run the alley
next would be torch the carriage house it was a drug haven when i lived in tyrone . i lived there breifly way back in 97 being a single mom i had no choice other then teaberry ect that i refused to live in .and the only differance i seen when i was in this summer
was now its back lot isnt filled with paint bags from users sitting on the fire exscape huffing now the alleys littered with needles and empty packs . and junkys nodding out on the stairwells out back or the loading ramp for the peanut factory to hide from cops .
the substidized homes the goverment helps pay rent at need checked more there for familys that need help . not to pay the rent to support a drug habit by not needing to pay as much as the full rent .
if they get caught selling or having dealers sell from there homes they should loose all substidized help every where . not just move to a new comlpex . if the managers would watch theyd have good tenants who really need the help . and are trying to change there lifes .
clean out the trash you clean up the town . taxpayers, kids , and the elderly , shouldnt have to live in fear . the crime from drugs there no longer makes tyrone a great place to raise kids like i use to think .
maybe they could take some extra land and build a prison this would bring revenue to tyrone and most of the prisoners would be right at home
because someone definitly needs to add some chlorine to the areas gene pool :stick:
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

kisefac wrote::guns: i've been a country girl all of my life. two years ago, i added tyrone to my living arrangements and make commutes periodically. i've noticed a few things, parking in town stinks, solutions? the empty factory on lincoln avenue has such promise for the right enterprise. town cops with a stop watch is like handing a match to a baby, you never know where they're going to strike and how accurate! the grade school on lincoln could be turned into elderly housing units like up town, that was a great idea. the ymca definately needs to go, what an eyesore. the drugs and the vandalism by minors needs more than a slap on the wrist and that would help clean up an otherwise awesome town.
KISEFAC - A lot of interesting observations for periodic commuting. All are things that need some tending to, in one way or another for sure :D