Who are you and what do you do?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
bandit247
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by bandit247 »

No worries,

I'm special :devil: :thumb:
Last edited by bandit247 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
other_b_boy

hello all!

Post by other_b_boy »

Phil Bock here.
TAHS class of '86

I currently live in Salisbury, MD where I teach physics at James M. Bennett H.S. All you Tyrone folk drive probably drive right past me on the way to O.C.!

Shout outs to:
Banks - I still can't forget all the diversionary adventures that occurred in the computer room, especially the "modified" Oregon Trail!

Harlow - I remember playing race with our matchbox cars when we were just knee-high and Beck was still picking me up over the fence.

Jim - Do you remember that haunted house we set up at Christ Church? I remember one kid we scared into tears! Good times.

Glad to hear you guys are doing well.
bandit247

Post by bandit247 »

Phil

Wish I had known. We just went to the Wicomico Civic center twice in the last month for wrestling tournaments!

Yes I do remember the haunted house. To coin an old phrase "Those were the days".
banksy
MVP Member

Re: hello all!

Post by banksy »

other_b_boy wrote:Phil Bock here.
Shout outs to:
Banks - I still can't forget all the diversionary adventures that occurred in the computer room, especially the "modified" Oregon Trail!
I thought we called it Orgy Trail? What about making report cards for everyone! I think it was the only time I had straight A's and perfect attendance! Great to hear from you!
Ray I.

Post by Ray I. »

Ray I. Stringer Here
class of "80
Three kids,one wife,two cats.
I work at F.L.Smithe in Duncansville as a machine assembler.
I live in Vail. I have to ask" where are all the rest of the '80 gang?"
DonkeyHoagie

Post by DonkeyHoagie »

Greetings to all!!!
And honored to be in such fine company.
My story is quite simple. I graduated from Tyrone High School, but, through a series of unfortunate self-inflicted head injuries and an extended run of Pike keg parties am unable to remember the exact date. It had a 9 in it, that I am sure.
I've had many occupations. I sold solder door-to-door. Independent trucker. Joined the Krishna movement but never grasped the non-Sandwiched lifestyle.
In the 90s I daytraded chewing gum futures, but, lost everything during the tainted Halloween Doublemint scare of 97.
I made caricatures of People's favorite letters on the boardwalk for one summer.
I have many fond memories of T-town. I was mauled by a snapping turtle at the high school track. A bear chased me down Park Avenue. I was involved in an 32-sled pile-up on Sunoco Hill. I once fished for 90 days straight in the Paper Mill dam and only caught a license plate.
Excuse me.
There's something in my eye.
Jerry, I know myself. And if I'm on the streets, and it starts to go down, I don't back off, until it's finished.
http://www.dotpenn.com
PUP

Post by PUP »

Deb and Chuck Bell,Sr.
My Husband,Chuck Bell/Class Of 1972
Road Construction Forman for GOH/Hawbaker,Inc. for 20 years.
Deb Woodring/Class Of 1975
Security Guard for Burns and Pinkerton
Armed Guard
I now work at home running my own program called Beyond Angel's. for the last 8 years.
2 children,2 grandchildren. :bluebounce:
Leep

Post by Leep »

Leep:... TAHS Graduate 1968..Have yet to see anyone from that year on here,... yet..
Degree in Wildlife from Penn State , Degree In Forest Biology from Univ Of Montana......

State Champion in Wyoming of the very first Country Starsearch..(Sponsored by Wrangler the first year) !980-81...
Sang on the original stage of the Grand Ol' Opry
Was involved, marginally, along with the other State Champions, with making a 2 hour TV special with Dennis Weaver, Master Of Ceremonies, Tammy Wynette, Jerry Reed, Mel Tillis and T.G. Shepard..
Lived in Montana since 1988....
Retired due to a lousy 10 foot fall while training a crew in the Pathology and Entomology of trees in the North West...
Of course that 20 foot fall coon hunting when I was 16 didn't help.. Bob Carper and Randy Deihl --think Darryl Dillon was too.,but that's a long time ago..Then Pulling out into turning lane at Bellwood intersection and getting hit broadside at 55-60 MPH right at my front door by some kid who fell asleep coming home from college..
I had a 60 Chev. He hit me so hard the motor was upside down under the hood, torn from tranny and motor mounts... :?
All 4 tires were flat and the roof came to a point.. Broke my neck and the side impact shifted my spine in ways it wasn't meant to..Lol
Baby Huey covered me up with a sheet and told my Girlfriend, my wife for the last 35 years, that I was dead..
Oh, musn't forget that time I was in Water Street, 14 I believe, and Shorty Briggs was stabding in his yard and I was walking towards him on my way to Hap Anders place. I heard a car coming behind me, moved closer to the guardrails, Heard it get closer, then I saw Shortys eyes getting big, then the car hit me and I was suddenly airborne, flew up and over the guardrails into Shortys yard...
I thought fleetingly that I would have to run back down and administer first aid to Shorty as he seemed to be in danger of dying from laughter..
But I had some choice words I wasn't allowed to think about much less say when I vaulted th guardrails and then to my everlasting amazement.. :lol:
In the car were three Nuns, yes Nuns. I had never even seen one before and here were three of them looking at me fearfully.
"What the h*ll did you hit me for", I raged.. I couldn't stop all the words...
The old one driving said, "My God, are you all right?"
I said, "h*ll no, you just hit me with your car, I never learned to fly, so it must have been divine intervention." (Sarcastically)
"Just go, I'm all right."
And away they went...
Shorty had recovered by this time so I snarled some small reference about his history and family tree and continued on my way..
Surgery in 1987 to fix what the surgeon said were two of the biggest spurs he had ever seen...on my neck.. Then a period of rehab, three seasons as a budding Forest Biologist, was actually quite good with root diseases and insect infestations...
After my fall, continued to deteriorate, five years later and 25 pounds lighter, they gave up and retired me..
So, remember you asked... :D

Leep:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

"Whew," Leep !! One thing for sure, no one can tell you to get a life... you've certainly had your share :P !!
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

Wow, just wow....
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Mags

Post by Mags »

TAHS Class of 85

I am the current owner of Betty's Full Service Brothel (contact me for more info) which I run out of the lobby of the Tyrone Hospital ER waiting room from the pay phone. Perhaps you've seen my reps there a few times as we are quite popular among the locals. In addition to this board, I also post to Girls Gone Dumb along with Sniper/BackJudge. I don't use my real name, however. But he does.
bythebay

Hello

Post by bythebay »

My name is Suzanne. I am a in and outer. I've lived in Huntingdon at two different times, in Elementary and Highschool for short periods. I would have graduated with the class of 96.

I have two kids and just moved back to settle down to the area. I'm looking to meet great people both with and without kids. I'm a big family person.

Drop a line to say hello. I'd love to know any suggestions on great hang outs.
10-81

Re: Who are you and what do you do?

Post by 10-81 »

Hello,

Brian Coady, TAHS Class of 90. After graduating from Pitt, I worked for the US Secret Service Uniformed Division for 4 years until I got tired of the Clintons. I then went to work for the Prince William County Police in Virginia where I rode the streets for 5 years before getting promoted to detective. After a year dealing with white collar crime, I was moved to Violent Crimes where I have been for two years. I now investigate mostly homicide and high profile cases.

I live in Fredericksburg VA with my wife of two years. I have been monitoring this site frequently for the last year or so but haven't participated. Its funny how growing up in Tyrone I couldn't wait to leave, but now the longer I'm gone, the more I think of HOME.
Something to say
MVP Member

Re:

Post by Something to say »

twiltz wrote:I'm Tammy Kimble Wiltz, I lived in Tyrone until I was in 2nd grade and then moved to Tipton where I lived until I was 15. I now live in Magnolia, Arkansas where I'm a legal assistant at a small law firm. I married a guy from Louisiana and have a 12 year old son named Ben.

Harolow, we used to go to church together at Grace Bible on Washington Ave. years ago. :D

If I stayed in Tyrone, I would have been in the class of 1984.

(((((((( Tammy )))))))))

I am your cousin from Tipton. Was shocked when I saw you on here!! I believe I last saw you a couple yrs ago on the 4th of July ;) Your pap sent us an article, about he and your gramma, that was in their local paper...THEY LOOK GREAT!! That woman amazes me!! Hope all is well with you and yours and the rest of the family in Louisiana. I look for Joey every time I go to Altoona. I used to see him quite a bit at Eat and Park...he must be staying home ...lol. I'm gonna have mom call Uncle Joe over the holidays. Wish we could all get together. Take Care...Happy Thanksgiving. Hugsss, Karen
RedhairNFreckles

Re: Who are you and what do you do?

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

Holey Moley, Karen! You sure do get around........ :lol: