Tyrone Borough Web Site

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Tyrone Borough Web Site

Post by Bill Latchford »

Thought I would create a thread that would give some of you the chance to give some input towards the new Borough of Tyrone Web Site. :D
banksy
MVP Member

Re: Tyrone Borough Web Site

Post by banksy »

Looks decent.... perhaps a JPG of a donkey on the Code Enforcement page would be humorous.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

banksy wrote:Looks decent.... perhaps a JPG of a donkey on the Code Enforcement page would be humorous.
The site that is there now is the old one...So I am not quite sure what you may be talking about Banksy...Still in the planning stages. Also I am hoping this to be a serious topic where people can really give me some ideas on what would be an informational and useful web site for the Borough. Thanks for your input non the less though. :D
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Tyrone should look into the UBILL service which allows residents to pay a water bill and property taxes online and add that to the site.
yertle

Post by yertle »

... perhaps a JPG of Banksy on the "Dining Guide" page would be humorous.

shadow427

Post by shadow427 »

There are a few things I would like to see on the new site including borough job listings (when there are some), some sort of information for new residents of Tyrone, commonly requested permit information (the site now is pretty vague), actual links to different sites (for example there is a page for the library but no link on that page for the library, I know its under area links but thats not where I looked first), and bios of the individuals such as the borough council members/borough managament. It could also have a more personal touch with stories of what its live to live in Tyrone (perhaps a blog). I would also like to see the site take up more width of the page. Its quite narrow. There could be links on the home page, maybe even put the calendar on there. You could also add a bit of color in the backgound (or a slight design/lines) and some original gradient graphics for a more 3d and non flat look.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

Now that is what I am talking about....These are some great Ideas...except for the Dinning Guide Idea....I can't get that Pic out of my head....LOL. Keep those coming and I will let the company that is redoing the site know that there are some good ideas floating on the forums. Thanks and again keep them coming.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

I'm sure there is more to come.... so far, however, it is looking fantastic !! :thumb:
shadow427

Post by shadow427 »

How about some information for pet owners, like where they can get dog licenses, minutes / agendas for council meetings, maps of tyrone, and news/announcements section.
nerf1225

Post by nerf1225 »

I'd like to see a page for moms/parents -- things to do with children in Tyrone (from list of parks/playgrounds to library story hour to swimming lessons in summer, etc.), possibly a list of childcare options, list of preschools, options for lessons (like dance lessons, martial arts lessons, music lessons, etc.), youth programs, churches with moms groups or community moms groups, list of local pediatricians (if there are any), kid-friendly hair dressers/dentists/restaurants/etc., community events for children or with activities specifically designed for children, etc.

When we moved here 2 years ago I was completely lost and if I wanted to find childcare in Tyrone or figure out whether I can get martial arts lessons for my daughter in the area, I'd still be totally lost. I have no idea where to take a toddler to get her hair cut (not all hairdressers work with children) or whether any moms groups (church-related or not) exist in Tyrone. Other towns have pages like this that collect all the information for moms/parents in one place and it would be great if we could too. :D
Meaux

Post by Meaux »

Info for Burgmeier's (or whoever the trash vendor is/becomes). Calendar for recycling. The Fall & Spring clean out dates. Bill pay for water bills (or a link to such online service with a history of usage/billing like my other utility companies provide).

Active links for businesses listed (maybe create advertising opportunities for businesses also)
Local weather
Local webcam (I think those who live away would get a kick out of that)
Streaming to WTRN
Media links (tv, newpapers, tyronepa.com)
A system to keep contact information (for clubs, etc) up to date
The names (and maybe pictures) of those who hold office/jobs
Calendar with events (or if no way to keep events up to date, remove calendar 'cuz No Events just feeds the stereotype!!)
Seniors resources (contacts for housing, transportation, Care Car, services, etc.)
Family resources (education, clubs, activities, businesses, sports, theater, child care providers)
Photo gallery (with captions...I hate having pictures with no explanation)
Real estate info (average price, average taxes)
Why Live in Tyrone...list of pros and benefits for those considering the area
Meaux

Post by Meaux »

Link to hunting resources (licensing, retailers, tours) and other wildlife info
Luke

Post by Luke »

I think a photo contest where a photo of Tyrone each month would be featured and then keep them archived for folks to look through over time.

Minutes of the meetings of town council would be good if not already published somewhere.

Significant dates of Tyrone History/Weather/Tragedies etc

A list of all Tyrone mayors since the beginning of our town and dates they served.

I also found the dining out picture quite funny. Sorry but once in a while someone throws one out there that just hits above the belt....