Something to Consider

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Something to Consider

Post by banksy »

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
My2Cents
MVP Member

Re: Something to Consider

Post by My2Cents »

Yes, that is neat and very interesting how all of that can be read and understood without a problem. I see this two ways (and I'm not the greatest speller ) however, I still feel spelling is very important and should always be taught in our schools. More and more, words are being condensed with text messages. Overtime... people will not know how to spell most things correctly. Some kids cannot even do arithmetic unless they have a calculator. Some kids cannot even tell time unless it is a digital readout. Some kids cannot even read unless the words have been shortened.
One the other hand, I see progress... a new world in which everyone will be able to speak and write the same language !! Some kids can use a computer and text message with their eyes shut !! Some kids are actually "Pros," but, what is happening ?? Does all the above really matter ?? Do we, as Americans, really want this to happen ??
Slowly, but surely we are becoming lazy, cold, and selfcentered. I hope we soon wake up and smell the roses.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

Hmmm.. I better validate and reindex the site's database, looks like some of the posts are getting corrupted... :wall:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

:huh: Ah-oh.... I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulacity uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.....it's a taotl mses... cnt slpel ether...
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

So, if I was able to read that whole thing at a fast pace, does it mean I'm smart?
Meaux

Post by Meaux »

I assume that we can only read the jumble once we have mastered reading and spelling the correct way.
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

The Lopez's and Guerra's wouldn't have a chance in this town then.......