Do Not Pass?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Blain

Do Not Pass?

Post by Blain »

I was taking a walk today and noticed a new road sign on the southwest corner of the Clay Ave/W. 16th Street intersection. I walked past it before my brain registered what it said, and I went back for another look.

Do Not Pass. No, really. It says "Do Not Pass".

Now, it's about 132 yards from the corner of Clay and 16th to the corner of Clay and 15th. There's a stop sign on Clay at both corners. It's your garden-variety two lane street with a double-yellow line. I'm very familiar with that neighborhood and know many people who live in it, and according to everybody I've talked to, there's never been a big passing problem in that 132 yard stretch of street. In fact, there's never even been a small passing problem there. But apparently somebody thought it was important enough to install a "Do Not Pass" sign (on 8/1/08, according to the date on the back of the sign).
exbellwoodian

Re: Do Not Pass?

Post by exbellwoodian »

ha ha ha....maybe they put it there for all the people on scooters....and little rascals with the red flags.... :)
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

:rofl:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Blain

Post by Blain »

Come to think of it, I do see a lot of people riding those little Rascals with the flags on them in that neighborhood. One guy (who shall remain nameless) gets around on his so much, I've seen him as far south as Jack's Restaurant! (If you know where that is, you've been a Tyrone-area resident for a while!).
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

Blain wrote:Come to think of it, I do see a lot of people riding those little Rascals with the flags on them in that neighborhood. One guy (who shall remain nameless) gets around on his so much, I've seen him as far south as Jack's Restaurant! (If you know where that is, you've been a Tyrone-area resident for a while!).
Jack's? I thought that was "The 5th Wheel"
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

The best Do Not Pass sign in the history of Tyrone was on the S turn in East Tyrone.

We changed the letters once to say Kiss My (you know the rest)
Meaux

Post by Meaux »

And yet there is no signage on 11th street between Logan Ave and the alley by the Post Office. That one block is two way. That being said, many people turn onto 11th St from Logan and drive as if it is two lanes one way. One can drive in the alley between 12th and 11th and turn up toward Logan Avenue...and yes, this is the block IN FRONT OF THE POLICE STATION...yet, there is no painted center line or signage indicating TWO WAY TRAFFIC or anything...at least this way my overview the day someone almost crashed into me when I turned onto 11th st!!!!!!