Lincoln School

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
pagirl
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Lincoln School

Post by pagirl »

My Aunt (Joyce Nowlin)passed away recently. In going through her things to show at the viewing(she had a closed casket) We found a lot of pictures and year books. She had a lot of Tyrone history.There were a lot of pictures from when she was a little girl and when she was a teenager. She had lived in Tyrone all her life. She attended high school at what is now (or was Lincoln school). What is going on with the building? I haven't lived in the area for a long time but everytime I do make it home it seems to just sit there. Anyone know?
Doorman

Re: Lincoln School

Post by Doorman »

It is in the Process of being torn down.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

I have some photos of the demolition that my wife and son took over labor Day weekend when they went back to Tyrone for a brief visit; I'll post them as soon as I can get to it over the next day or 2...
RedhairNFreckles

Post by RedhairNFreckles »

Where's those pics Beach? :zzz:
Leep

Post by Leep »

Joyce Nowlin... I knew Dave Nowlin from Warriors Mark and we rode the same bus for awhile.. I seem to remember Joyce too but am not sure how or where she fit into the family.. I used to see Dave's' Dad in the VFW a lot many years ago when I went in to see my Dad and his friends after I joined..
I always called him Mr. Nowlin and continued even after i ws in my thirties..Always called him sir too. I guess the habit stayed with me even after my teen years. I knew his wife too, a very nice lady.

I'm sure I knew Joyce..Can someone tell me how old she was when she passed? The last I heard maybe ten years ago, Dave had some heart problems..Does anyone know his situation?

I always liked Dave and his family and my Dad and Mr. Nowlin were friends..
If Dave is still with us perhaps someone could tell him I have been reminiscing and that I asked about him and does he remember me always singing in the back of the school bus.. He used to sing with me, one song he liked in particular was Come to the church in the Wildwood.
We usually had half the bus singing with us.
Scotty, our bus driver, just looked back at us in the mirror and grinned... Sometimes something like this brings back some very good memories.

Leep:
pagirl

Post by pagirl »

Joyce nowlin was 75 when she passed. she was married to dave(mr Nowlin) brother sam. I will let the family know you are thinking about him. He is still kickin and lives on Hoovers(?) lane. His wife is Donna and they have 2 children(adult now) David Jr and Denise.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

pagirl wrote:Joyce nowlin was 75 when she passed. she was married to dave(mr Nowlin) brother sam. I will let the family know you are thinking about him. He is still kickin and lives on Hoovers(?) lane. His wife is Donna and they have 2 children(adult now) David Jr and Denise.

Hoovers Lane or General Jones Drive? I may need to update my Christmas Card list. Donna and Dave are close family friends... I even have some hand knitted clothes for our first born from Donna. I wonder if they like to play cards?
pagirl

Post by pagirl »

oh you know I haven't lived in the area since high school. So you probley have the right address. Maybe the name changed or I just remember calling it that. Thanks!
Deb Hoover

Post by Deb Hoover »

Joyce Nowlin was my Aunt too... Wanted to let Leep know that Dave Jr is alive and doing ok.. and also let banksy know that Dave Sr and Donna have 3 kids ..you forgot about me!! HA HA Wanted to say hi to whoever pagirl is... and to add what a very special lady our Aunt Joyce was.
Leep

Post by Leep »

Dave, Deb, Denise........I answered your PM but it looks like it is setting in the outbox and didn't go out..Perhaps it will later. if it doesn't, you ladies were right, it is indeed I... :wink:

Really great to hear from you..
I often look back on those years as the best ones I had back there. Take care and give every one my fond affections..
Leep
Leep

Post by Leep »

I sent two messages to Deb and they went right to outbox and stayed there. I notice things look different now and wonder if I am missing something?
Why did the messages go to outbox and simply take up residence there?

People are gonna get the idea that I am ignoring them, and the last thing I want to do is get them mad at me... :slap:

Leep:
pagirl

Post by pagirl »

OH MY GOSH! Deb I could NEVER forget you!!!! I'm sorry!!!! It's Ann.
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Lincoln School Pics in Looking Glass

( I've been out of town for over a week and haven't been downtown since I've been home ......but as of two weeks ago....this was what was happening at Lincoln School. )