YMCA Dances

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.

YMCA Dances

Post by guest »

I just finished reading the newspaper about the YMCA having dances again. I told my daughter while I was reading it and she was thrilled....until I turned the page and read that the age limit was 5th to 8th grade. My daughter is 15 and in 10th grade so she and her friends who attended ALL the Y dances are excluded from these dances. How unfair is this?? This is just going to cause more teenagers with nothing to do to get involved with drugs. When my daughter was in 5th grade she was not interested in dances nor would she have been allowed to go to a dance. She was only 10 years old!! There is nothing for our teenagers to do in this community. AS for the YMCA being committed to kids...I dont buy it. They are excluding a portion of our youth who are the ones that NEED to have something to do. That need to socialize with their friends. Let the 10 year olds home with their parents! The Y has lost my support.
another guest

Post by another guest »

It is children your daughters age that does cause all the trouble at the dances! Kids at the age of 15 now think about sex, drugs, and parties, get into the current year!

Post by guest »

it is not ALL 16 year olds who caused the problems. My daughter and her friends do not think of sex, drugs and partying. They like to dance and have fun, nothing more. If a child has been raised properly and is supervised they wont want to party. You are judging all kids for the actions of a few and I agree some kids only want to party and cause trouble. You can tell when a kid is drunk or stoned and those kids should not be allowed into the dance. We do have good teenagers in this town!!
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

Hey everybody, The YMCA has contacted me, and Chewdog and I are doing the dance on October 25. I would like to thank the YMCA for that, and Walter. We miss PARTYING with the kids. PARTYING to me is having a good time, lots of fun. Does not mean drugs, drinking, sex, what ever else. Beyond popular belief, we The Citizens Fire Hall are the one who called the police when there was evidence of drinking, being drunk, any drugs, or anything of the sorts. and yes it was some of the older kids, BUT NOT ALL OF THEM. we had an average of 200 kids, and it may have been the same 10 kids that caused the trouble. Maybe we shouldn't have let them back in, but we did, if they did it again, we called the police again. They would either learn, or stop coming! For the older kids, Chew and I will work on dances for you guys.. Even if The Chewdog and Hammy Show only get to dj this 1 dance, I am still happy that the Y is going to do them no matter who they get to play the music. And for the people that say we are to old to be hanging out and getting crazy with the kids,,, THINK,,, maybe everyone should, it would give them all someone else to look up too. I don't think that we are that bad of role models, I mean, when I was young I was probaly the last person in the world you would want to be like, but life changes, and though a little goofy at times, I don't think I'm all that bad of a person to look up too.. So Thanks to the Y, and Walter.
One last thing, I as a person, not as the president of the firehall or a dj, would like to thank everyone who has showed there support for the Youth dances, and saving the firehall. We did give it a h*ll of a go, but came up short. It was worth it, for the future of tomarrow, and the safety of the community, it was worth it. If I had to go battle the Mayor, police, Fire Cheif Beckwith, and Police Chief Beachem agian, I know I would be right there. I know that it is all over and kinda old, but I did want to thank everyone.