New TyronePA website design

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: New TyronePA website design

Post by My2Cents »

Oh Leep... I hate to admit it, but, ditto... I feel your pain :? . I think they call it .... I think they call it...... I think they call it progress. Rick will get us thru this, I just know it. This whole thing may cause me to go out and get a new computer :mrgreen: .
Hang in there Leep, this too, shall pass :fogey:.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

Leep wrote: please leave it intact for awhile.
The old site is going to be up for quite a while.

You may all find it here, BTW...

http://tyronepa.com/index_v1.php

One thing that will change immediately, though is that all NEW news will only be posted in the new version. (We've been double posting for several months now)
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Re: Tyrone Borough Web Site

Post by BeachBiker »

Rick wrote:I feel, and share your opinions. I will say, we aren't done, yet. :thumb:

My main task was making the information more accessible, taggable, and search-able. RSS was a big driving force behind the remodel.

Bigger, brighter colors to come!

---Topic Split from Boro website thread---
Rick,

Thank you for your continued efforts and actions to provide the best possible site for us.

I WOULD thank you in person - but I'm not driving 700 or so miles from Myrtle Beach just for that... :nuts:
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

BeachBiker wrote:Thank you for your continued efforts and actions to provide the best possible site for us.

I WOULD thank you in person - but I'm not driving 700 or so miles from Myrtle Beach just for that... :nuts:
We're visit the Outer Banks every June, you'll have to make a trip up!

and... you're welcome. I am not a native Tyroner, but a 7 year old import. This community seemed like one that people would want to keep in touch with if they moved away, so we came up with the site for that purpose. Glad it's doing it's job!
:thumb:
Thank you
nerf1225

Post by nerf1225 »

I like the format and I know how much hard work has gone into it! It's very monotone with the gray and grayed lettering. It doesn't make the town look colorful and alive and exciting or anything. Is there any way to get a picture looking down Pa. Ave. toward the mountain with all the colors or anything up? Or maybe get rid of the gray? The format is much better!
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

I may have jumped the gun..lol. The more I look at it the more I like it. I've made thousands of webpages for my spades site...mostly all very colorful and glitzy....but Rick <putting on my Tim Gunn persona...hand on hip>...there's something very high-end and chic about this design. Clean lines and subdued graphics. Very Nice. You may want to tighten that hem a tad...oh...I forgot myself...sorry.
Leep

Post by Leep »

Aw geez people..it's starting to look nice the way it is...???

Uh, not to me...I don't want to live in shades of black and white...I was about 15 before we ever got a color T.V.
Did I run crying into the streets demanding my old black and white picture back?? Well, ok maybe once, but I got over it.... :wink:

If we were going to end up with Bland we should have started with a blank page or a solid black one with black letters....
Then, at least, this would have been seen as an improvement..Probably because it would have been the first time it had been seen...

If it stays that color much longer, I'm going to start coloring my monitor screen with my grandson's crayons....

Oh, and while I am on this slight rant, what's with the smileys???

Pitiful, pitiful......., least the top row......I can't even click on the one that is smiling because the sight of that particular little creature kinda scares me..a little.... (Smiles)
Leep Out:
Something to say
MVP Member

hahaha Leep...I can see ya running thru Birmingham...."gimme my black and white tv & where's my hi-fi?!!" :bluebounce:

Maybe a cover page linking to the gray newsy page? Something like this: http://www.freewebs.com/iffytipton/tyrone.htm

Rick's prolly thinking....dang that Bill Latchford opening this can of worms..... :banghead:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Something to say wrote:hahaha Leep...I can see ya running thru Birmingham...."gimme my black and white tv & where's my hi-fi?!!" :bluebounce:

Maybe a cover page linking to the gray newsy page? Something like this: http://www.freewebs.com/iffytipton/tyrone.htm
Rick's prolly thinking....dang that Bill Latchford opening this can of worms..... :banghead:
WOW !! Something to say..... I just clicked on what you presented above.... neat-o... you are good !! Something like that would catch everyones eye !!
That's right downtown !! That's "Our Town" bigtime !!! I hope it stays that way without wind mills.... sorry, had to throw that in.... can you imagine those in the landscape ??
I'm not one for patients, but, I'll keep the faith and hope for a website with color.... Rick can do this.
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

Something to say wrote:Rick's prolly thinking....dang that Bill Latchford opening this can of worms..... :banghead:
Bill Latchford's requests and questions are concerning the Boro website, which is still in the design phase.

My choice to change TyronePA.com was more to answer the call of visitors that wanted more functionality. You have to keep in mind that there are thousands of viewer for the main site, compared to the hundred or so that utilize the forums.

They wanted their news in more manageable formats, searchable, and scalable to other devices (mobile)

You have my word that the site appearance is not by any means final. I want to add many more colors to the palletes, as well as allow the site to possibly even change skins throughout the seasons. Keep your eyes peeled...
Thank you
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

I don't think the RSS feed works on a MyYahoo page.
Something to say
MVP Member

Rick wrote:
Something to say wrote:Rick's prolly thinking....dang that Bill Latchford opening this can of worms..... :banghead:
Bill Latchford's requests and questions are concerning the Boro website, which is still in the design phase.

My choice to change TyronePA.com was more to answer the call of visitors that wanted more functionality. You have to keep in mind that there are thousands of viewer for the main site, compared to the hundred or so that utilize the forums.

They wanted their news in more manageable formats, searchable, and scalable to other devices (mobile)

You have my word that the site appearance is not by any means final. I want to add many more colors to the palletes, as well as allow the site to possibly even change skins throughout the seasons. Keep your eyes peeled...

Oh Rick.....lol....... I just realized this wasn't the borough website you were doing....I am Blonde.
Something to say
MVP Member

banksy wrote:I don't think the RSS feed works on a MyYahoo page.

Banksy... I keep getting the same message...about it not being a valid url. I was able to put it on google though.
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

Something to say wrote:
banksy wrote:I don't think the RSS feed works on a MyYahoo page.

Banksy... I keep getting the same message...about it not being a valid url. I was able to put it on google though.
Now on my list of things to figure out.... :guns:
Thank you
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

BeachBiker wrote: Rick,

Thank you for your continued efforts and actions to provide the best possible site for us.

THIS is strange...

I posted the above last week.

I woke up this morning, and realized that I'd had the WEIRDEST dream.

Here I sit at my desktop in Myrtle Beach - but just dreamt that I had walked into Rick's office yesterday morning, met Rick, thanked him in person (as intended above), and spoke with him for a while as he described more about the new website design and showed me their office setup and features.

SURELY, that was all a dream - BUT:

1. My car has 1681 unexplained miles on it since this time last week.

2. In my dream, Rick was NOT Chinese - as his next-door neighbor (my cousin's daughter) had told me.

3. The following photo - taken YESTERDAY, in front of Rick's office IN TYRONE - mysteriously appeared on my camera.