Tyrone lost 2 great contributors

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Harlow
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Tyrone lost 2 great contributors

Post by Harlow »

It is sad that in this week, Homecoming week, that two people who contributed greatly to the Tyrone community passed away. Lemoine Zimmerman and Steve Michaels.
You could never go to Gray Field without seeing either of them. Lemon in the press box running the scoreboard and Steve taking photos.

God Bless their families.
blueOOeyedsoutherngirl

Re: Tyrone lost 2 great contributors

Post by blueOOeyedsoutherngirl »

When did Mr. Michaels pass away? Very sad, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

Steve passed away early this morning.
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

Add Edie Latchford to that list. I remember my younger days at West End lanes , youth football, just about any activity, Edie was usually there and always smiling, ...GREAT LADY! My kids and family have fond memories of all 3, and if you've met any of the three, you'd refer to them as friends. Can't remember a tougher week in reference to losing that many quality people. Love and prayers to all the families.....you too Bill.
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

I hope that people will never forget people like Steve Michaels and Edie Latchford and Lamoine Zimmerman.These types of people are rare and hard to find in a communtiy anymore.I will always remember seeing them contributing there time to the youth of Tyrone for no pay or sometimes no thanks, but did it out of the kindness of there hearts.My prayers go out to there familys and also to let they familys know that alot of people appreciate everything they have done in the community and realize how many lives they have touched.
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

I didn't know Lamoine or Steve personally but their faces are most definitely familiar as they were servants to the community. Edie, I knew. She was a lovely person with a contagious laugh, compassionate, and empathetic. She consoled me in times of despair even when she was going through adversity. Im certain these folks will always be remembered in this community as caring humanitarians and will be missed.

Prayers to the families...God Bless.
ardean

Post by ardean »

Thank you so much! I am so blessed to have the mother I have for 39 years. Mom was so easy to love because she loved unconditionally. And yes you're right, she had a very contagious laugh. Despite the pain and very uncomfortable way she was, for the past few years, I know the one thing that bothered her the most was feeling like she was not a part of the community. However, that evidently was not true considering how many people shared memories with me over the past few days. I can't remember her ever turning anybody away who needed her. I've learned so much from her over the years. I believe the one thing that I'll always take with me that I learned from her is that regardless of what religious affiliation you are if you don't love others you have nothing. Doctrine is thrown away and discarded like a used tissue in the absence of love. So, if any of you want to honor my mom, Edie, then love one another. Forgive that family member that may have offended you to the point of unending forgivness. Respect someone elses feelings. If somebody hurts you keep in mind that hurting people hurt people. They really don't mean it. They're just lacking something in their own lives and simply forgiving them may deposit that little bit of love that they needed in order to overcome what has been plaguing them for years. And please remember this, by our words we have the power to speak Life or Death into another person's spirit. Whoa! Didn't mean to start preaching but this was just a sample of my mother's heart and I think she would have wanted me to share it with you. God Bless you all!
Harlow
MVP Member

Post by Harlow »

Ardean,

You and your family are in my prayers.

If there was one thing I will always remember about your Mom was how she always was there during our Youth Football games.

Whether the kids were on your Dad's team or played against them, Edie gave everyone a hug or a pat on the head as they left the field.

Your mom was a great lady.

Harlow
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

I would also like to thank all those who have shared their memories and sympathies with me. I don't have the best memory in the world, so when others share with me their memories it floods me with great times that have slipped away with time. My mom truly loved people and I am so happy that she touched so many hearts in a positive way. It was hard watching her being sick, but she is in the place where pain is no more. My brother has put it so well, and I would only be reiterating his comments. Mom was surly a blessing and I feel that she and my Dad have certainly done a great job at raising myself and my siblings.
Mr. Worm

Post by Mr. Worm »

Bill and Ardean,

I am sorry to hear of your mother's passing. She was a kind and gentle soul.

Mr. Zimmerman and Mr. Michaels were both prominent members of my neighborhood growing up on Garfield Street along with “Mac” McManigal who passed away in June of this year as well. All of these people were positive influences while growing up in Tyrone.