missing child

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Ktmae1962

missing child

Post by Ktmae1962 »

I don't want anyone to think I am a wacko so please don't take it as that .And I am sorry if this brings back bad memorys for some people. But I was looking in the history and haven't found what I was looking for. Can anyone lead me in the right direction. Looking for information on a missing girl her name was Kathy Shay not certain of the spelling is there a articile on the case that I can read.??If so could you please tell me where to look..

Thank you.
Tyrone resident

Missing topic

Post by Tyrone resident »

Maybe not a wacko, but a little odd that you would bring up such a topic considering that it happened so long ago......but not forgotten. If you are that interested in this subject, maybe you should contact the Tyrone Police Department. The case still remains a mystery, not only for the Shaye family but also to the residents of Tyrone. And may we ask why you would like to read about such a dreadful sad topic? After I first read your post I didnt reply, but as many times that I had thought about you question I had to reply. I hope you dont find my response rude, rather a little oddly curious, such as yours but in a very different way. I hope you reply, I'll check back.
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

One correction...

Post by banksy »

...the family is the Shea Family, not Shaye.
another resident

bansky

Post by another resident »

.........well pardon me! SHEA family
red1805

Kathy Shea

Post by red1805 »

That is a sad and disturbing subject. It took away much of Tyrone's innocence. I grew up an 18th street very near where she was last seen. I am only a few years younger than she is. She is listed with the National Center for Missing Children. I hope you find what you are looking for there.

This should take you there:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/ ... Lang=en_US

re: Pardon Me

Post by Guest »

I mentioned the spelling of the last name so you could do some searching online, not for a smart remark. Keep in mind you are bringing up some sorrowful memories for some of us, so keep your rudeness where it belongs (off your keyboard.)
SUSAN R.

BANSKY

Post by SUSAN R. »

Thank you red1805. ThankGod you are in Ohio, all you seem to do on this website is act the way you do.....like an idiot! Keep your comments to yourself if you can't be nice. Look at half the comments you have made on this website and maybe you will realize you bash just about everyone for the thoughts that they may have had. I am not one of the people that posted here, just an observer. From what I can see you seem to think you are a bigshot that USE to live here in Tyrone Bansky!!!

Signed,
Looking forward to never hearing your bad thoughts again!!!
Susan
KTMae

SHEA

Post by KTMae »

Like I said before I really am sorry to bring up a bad subject..And I AM not a wacko. I am from Altoona, And I recently moved to Tyrone. This may sound even weirder. But I had a dream about this girl I no nothing about. I am about the same age as she is now. I don't even know what brought up the dream. I send my apologies to the family..If I caused an up rour. Thank you
Mary Martha

Re: SHEA

Post by Mary Martha »

KTMae wrote:Like I said before I really am sorry to bring up a bad subject..And I AM not a wacko. I am from Altoona, And I recently moved to Tyrone. This may sound even weirder. But I had a dream about this girl I no nothing about. I am about the same age as she is now. I don't even know what brought up the dream. I send my apologies to the family..If I caused an up rour. Thank you

Sounds like your dream is really troubing you. Have you shared it with
anyone here in Tyrone. Perhaps a minister? Strange things happen to us sometimes. Situations come about that for some reason suddenly cause us to remember or think about something we never consciously thought of before. Maybe you and your family were visiting in Tyrone at the time of Kathy's disappearance. I pray that God leads you to your answer. Apologies and love to the Shea family for discussing their tragedy.

shea kidnapping

Post by Guest »

I thought I would take a minute to coment on the event that happened on that spring day in 1965. I was in morning Kindergarden in another part of Town same day. As in most events, mis-communication played a roll.
This was little Kathy's 1st day alone to walk to school. Her little brother was sick so her mother walked her to the corner of their street (Hamilton?) and Kathy walked the remaining three blocks by herself
and got as far as the alley between 15th and 16th. She at this point could see the school. A woman hanging clothes saw her at this point. Withing seconds she vanished from this earth. We have all heard the supposed stories, so I am not going to repeat them. The thing that happened that day is it pushed us from the 1950s into the real world faster than anything.
Life was not safe anymore and you had to watch and report. We all let
the fbi and others into our basements and sheds and hoped against anything that all would be fine. The miscommunication was the school thought she was home sick, and the mother assumed she made it. Hours went by before anyone realized that there was something wrong. We all have suffered from this and we all as a community are still haunted, even if nothing is said. Burn a candle tonight in her memory. Tyroneboy
jus me

replying to all

Post by jus me »

I remebr growing up in tyrone , my mother telling about th elil girl taken , she was my moms age , my mom said it was like she just disappered off the earth ! MY kids go to tyrone and i worry about them there for fear something may happen to them like kathy , or the girl that was killed from florida that was visiting her gram , my kids visit their grandparents!
IT makes you wonder what the world is coming to even in a small hick town !

Not the town it use to be

Post by Guest »

Tyrone isn't the town it use to be. They put so much low income housing here. Some is good but we have way more than we need. Our town is infested with drugs and people that need help recovering from them. We need a town that will support each other not turn our back. A town that looks out for our own. I know that one person can't do it all but I'm starting with me... if anyone wants to join in then set the example for your neighbor.