What to Get Tyrone Borough for Christmas?

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

What to Get Tyrone Borough for Christmas?

Post by BeachBiker »

If you had the ability, what would be your "present" to give Tyrone Borough for Christmas?

Though I left my native Tyrone Borough in 1983 - I've stayed in touch with visits, reports from family and friends, and this website discussion forum.

However, I went almost exactly 10 years without visiting Tyrone until the final 2 days and death of my father in October brought me back for a week-long stay. I was able to see and experience first-hand many of the situations, themes, and aftermaths of the topics in and around Tyrone that I have read and shared with many of you in discussion from my home in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Many of you fellow board members are relatives and old friends - or associates in some way - and several probably don't even realize that.

But back to my question: keeping in mind that Tyrone has always had, still has, and always will have "issues" - and IF you had the ability to contribute something great or at least significant - what would you give the Borough of Tyrone as an actual or symbolic present for Christmas this year?
banksy
MVP Member

Re: What to Get Tyrone Borough for Christmas?

Post by banksy »

Bailout money.
skippy

Post by skippy »

Great question Beachbiker....I would dedicate a new YMCA building.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Solar Rooftops, Flood Control and a large state-of-the art Old Fashion Diner... waiters and waitresses dressed like the good 'ole days, ie; saddle shoes, white bucks, poodle skirts, can-cans, bow ties, etc. A jukebox at every table playing only the oldies but goodies...50's,60's,70's. Deco; Black/White checked floor tile, Red plastic-type seats, all areas trimmed with chrome. Sitting up at the top of PA Avenue by the Railroad Station, serving delicious home cooked meals. Perhaps calling it "The Whistle Stop," or "The Little Red Caboose." A large neon sign with the name on it... large enough to be seen from both North and South I99. It would bring in the traveler's.... besides, there is gonna' be a lot of Baby Boomers out there in this world, they will enjoy that atmosphere. Customers would be able to enjoy the beautiful view of the Allegheny Ridgetops that go on forever and ever without any windmills destroying the landscape. This in itself, would be a very rare find (throughout PA) in years to come. Oh well, just thinkin' and wishin' again.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

My2Cents wrote:"The Whistle Stop," or "The Little Red Caboose."
What about naming it the Fiesta or the Downtowner?
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Sure, that's a great idea also... however, I think those names would sound more appropriate for a restaurant located in the downtown area.
zapatista

Post by zapatista »

BeachBiker wrote:If you had the ability, what would be your "present" to give Tyrone Borough for Christmas?
forever19

Post by forever19 »

That wrecking ball is JUST wrong!!! I love my little town!!
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

forever19 wrote:That wrecking ball is JUST wrong!!! I love my little town!!
Thank you !! :thumb:
Leep

Post by Leep »

I would ask for a time machine so we all could go back and start all over, each of us retaining the knowledge we have amassed over our life times.
The mistakes we would never make again.. The lives we could save or at least extend...
Forget about knowing lottery numbers or who won the super bowl or anything like that. Just the knowledge retained to do good and help ourselves and others we love to make the right decisions..
Never to say that hurtful thing we all wish we had never said. Now we haven't.. To tell a loved one, "don't go to town tonight, please for me"? "For if you do you will surely die."
And we could not only insist we could use force if need be to insure a loved one cheats fate and death, at least for now..
Te be able to at least tell a father or mother or brother or sister ."I love you ." Before it is too late..
Just a chance to make a difference, a real difference, to change all the things we wish we had never done or said and have the chance to do and say those things we wish with all our hearts we had...
Is that too much to wish for?

Leep:
watcher
MVP Member

Post by watcher »

Leep,

That is truly one of the most beautifully expressed thoughts I've read on the board. Thank you! I think that is what we want to do sometimes, but in our own strength it's impossible...however, at this time of year, and with help from God, all things are possible. If not now, than maybe in some future realm...God's richest blessings, and a very wonderful Christmas and New Year!

I suppose I would give Tyrone council the ability to make all the decisions they need to make in this New Year, with the wisdom and foresight to be able to do it. Happy New Year, Tyrone!

:D
Im_lovin_it

Post by Im_lovin_it »

a big ole barrel of vaseline...hehehe :lol: