14th street apartments fire

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

14th street apartments fire

Post by Rick »

As I was leaving the office I saw the Hookies ladder roll past. The 14th street apartments had a fire on the third floor. I'm in the Sheetz parking lot now, and will post up some pics when I get home. No one appears to be injured, the building is vacent.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Rick
Administrator

Re: 14th street apartments fire

Post by Rick »

Thank you
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

and a few from this morning...

http://www.tyronepa.com/v3/2008/12/14th ... re-photos/

(sorry for posting a few pics sideways)
Thank you
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

WOW !!! Thanks Rick... much appreciated. Was able to see it burning from afar... hugh plumes smoke and fire coming out of those windows. Very surreal if I must say.
Thank goodness the condition of that building was noticed, and condemmed by our codes officer (not too long ago) and the people living there were forced to move... like it or not !!!
KUDOE'S TO OUR CODES OFFICER !!!
He actually prevented, what my have been, a terrible tragedy.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

He may not be liked much, but that is because our Code Officer is doing his Job. Keep up the good work.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

I know in my heart we have outstanding individuals serving our community... from our Borough Council, to our outstanding Police Force, our outstanding Codes Officer, an outstanding Fire Department, and many others who work daily to keep "Our Town" running smoothly. Look at our town, notice how nice things looks. Many times, what these people do, go completely unnoticed.... they go all out to keep folks happy and sometimes, it's a thankless job.
Example; just recently, the Budget, and/or, the taxes. This was all published in the paper.... you don't hear hardly a word... no thank you very muches, life goes on , all is well, 'tis the season. Our budget balances, our taxes won't go up. Just think if the budget didn't balance and taxes were going to go up... these people would be drug thru the mill ... and I don't mean windmill... that's another subject !!
baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

We do have wonderful people serving our community and it showed last night.Our fire department with the support of a few other area fire companies did a wondeful job at the fire.They realized early into the fire that the Carraige house could not be saved so they immediatly went into protecting the structures around the building and kept the fire contained to the Carriage house.These brave men and women were on scene all night until the last units went into service this morning when most of them should have been going to work to support there families.This is another example of people giving there time and alot of it to protect the people of this town.With that said each one of you should spread the word that your local fire departments need your support.All volunteer fire companies across our great nation are having a tough time making ends meet and they need our help.This isn't a problem that just developed overnight or as a result of the current economic problems,this has been slowly become a problem over a long period of time.I know I have been an active member for a long time and have witnessed these struggles first hand.So maybe this Christmas season when you see a volunteer fireman stop him or her and just say thanks for starters and then ask them if there is a way you can help there station, I know they would appreciate it.No matter what your need is or what time of day it is they will always respond to help, putting there lives in danger for a stranger they have never met but could die for none the less.Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Waiting for the news that it was arson.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Went by there lath evening... there was a widdle mouse wonning down the thidewalk... kinda' felt thorry for the widdle ting. I hope he finds a home. :mrgreen:
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

banksy wrote:Waiting for the news that it was arson.
From the sounds of it, Greg Ray told me he suspected arson when he saw footprints leading up the back of the building before the fire crew showed up.
Thank you
stapnir

Post by stapnir »

So sorry about this. Tyrone's downtown sure needs to catch a break. We visited the town last March and noticed the apartment building when we stopped for gas across the street from it. I seem to remember a 19th-century date written on the building. At that time, a woman and child were coming out of the front door, so I assumed the building was occupied....glad to hear it is vacant.
exbellwoodian

Post by exbellwoodian »

I'm no senior detetective or anything, but I would be looking at the buildings owner.....seams kind of suspicious that it burned down not too long after it was designated as "unfit to live in". Or perhaps an old tenant that was disgruntled?? Good Job to the fire crew! Keep up the good work guys / gals!
Uncle Vito

Post by Uncle Vito »

Gotta love that Italian Lightning! Let's just hope that the "Burra" doesn't get billed for the remaining demolition- otherwise we may need a "gas leak" to finish off the job.
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

Thank you
exbellwoodian

Post by exbellwoodian »

Great job with the demo. Pretty fast! Hopefully the clean up and investigation will go just as fast!