Tyrone Make-Out Locations

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
SassyCat

Tyrone Make-Out Locations

Post by SassyCat »

I was born and raised in Tyrone and wanted to started a new fun thread. Where were the neatest places to "make out" in and around Tyrone? I enjoyed the papermill club house area. And please, no inappropriate comments or details. Just locations....or maybe a story or two of "getting caught"...LOL
Something to say
MVP Member

Re: Tyrone Make-Out Locations

Post by Something to say »

hahaha.... Interesting thread. How bout Viet Nam...or over the bridge at Plummer's Hollow...or just about any corn field out near the Silver Barn? Now...I've never been to those places, but I've heard stories :oops:
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by BeachBiker »

Hmmm, I could post locations all day - but my FAVORITES were:

1. The area just to the west of the railroad tracks at Vail; heading slightly back toward Tyrone on the roadway along the tracks, there were several remote roads through the woods there.

2. Practically ANY pavilion at Reservoir Park "after hours"; gosh, it was so easy to take a motorcycle around the barricades...

3. At, or just behind, the pull off area on the left at the top of Janesville Pike.

4. Vanscoyoc Hollow; roadways in the woods just to the rear of the boy scout camp, where Vanscoyoc and Decker Hollows meet.

5. Tipton Mountain, at "Daddy Co's". Big flat cement area at the bridge over Tipton Run. Once again, easy to take a motorcycle around the barricades.

6. The homes of certain younger divorcees; I will NOT get more specific.

7. I second the papermill club house area (SassyCat, do I know you?!).

8. Northwood, roadway on the OTHER side of the 220 Bypass after it was first built.

9. Thomastown - anywhere, especially the field at the end of the road.

10. The road on the left in Grazierville that went along the Juniata River.

11. The back of (then) Bland's Park, especially the benches that were along and facing the stream.

12. An abandoned van that was parked behind the Hub for a while.

13. The night-fishing spot that was right where Tipton Run met the Juniata River along old 220 - or practically anywhere along the road that went along the Juniata there toward the old airport and beyond.

14. Bald Eagle cemetery. Well, let's just say about ANY cemetery in the general Tyrone area.

15. Bald Eagle Campground.

16 The picnic area at the bottom of the dirt road on the right about 2 miles up Philipsburg Pike. Once again, easy to take a motorcycle around the barricades.

17. Spruce Creek/Colerain.

18. The quarry holes.

19. The dugouts at Ferner Field.

20. The railroad boxcars in East End ("So Many Boxcars, So Little Time").

I'd better stop there, before I have to change my screen name to "TheMaleTrampofTyrone". :oops:
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Funny thread, especially considering I lived in Thomastown....

... and in no particular order...

Back behind Grazierville where the road would go back to the Juniata River.
Warriors Mark Cemetary (best place)
That Dodge dealership up past the Grazierville bridge (just pull in like your car was for sale too)
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

My gosh BB, are you OK ?? ROFLOL !!! One time a bunch of us went up the pike "Bush-Wackin' ," as we called it back then. We were innocent and thought we were just lookin' for lovers a-kissin'.... was in an old Ford, way up on the Pike, and the battery went dead... we got out, pushed the car, hurried and jumped back in and coasted all the way down Janesville Pike with a flashlight. :shock:
Another time, a bunch of us got in a mess out there on that road, by the railroad tracks, in Vail. It was winter, somehow the front tire of the car went up over the track and got stuck... we couldn't get the car off the track... OMG :shock: !!! First of all, we were not allowed to be out there, secondly, we had no choice, we had to walk back into town to get a friend of mine's Dad and Brother to come out there and pull it off the tracks...( Oh, were they mad at us) then, trying to explain to our parents why we were out there in the first place. We were lucky a train didn't come along. Back then, there was always a train somewhere, WHEW !! So much for Bush-Wackin'.... we never did catch anyone kissin', AND, we never did that again !!! :oops:
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

It's early in the year, but I will officially nominate this thread as the best thread of 2009. :bluebounce:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

banksy wrote:...That Dodge dealership up past the Grazierville bridge (just pull in like your car was for sale too)
That, and several other similar places where you could "blend" in with other parked traffic (Tyrone Hospital lot, etc) were ones I planned to use if I'd kept going past 20. :devil: :lol:
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Rick wrote:It's early in the year, but I will officially nominate this thread as the best thread of 2009. :bluebounce:
That's a great consolation, Rick - considering I'm sure YOU would have had quite amn impressive list had YOU grown up in the Tyrone area... :fogey: :jester: :wall:
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

banksy wrote:Funny thread, especially considering I lived in Thomastown...
Funnier YET is that it was YOUR DAD who initially told me about Thomastown being so popular with folks parking to "make out". :wink: :thumb:
SassyCat

Post by SassyCat »

ROFL...BB I may have known you. For all of you who went "parking" in the Tyrone Hospital parking lot at night... I worked at the hospital in the 70's and we used to watch out the window of the ICU or OB department with binoculars....we saw a lot of "action" in the parking lot.......too bad cameras were so primitive or I would have a ton of blackmail pics......"giggle"
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

BeachBiker wrote:
Funnier YET is that it was YOUR DAD who initially told me about Thomastown being so popular with folks parking to "make out". :wink: :thumb:
He told a story once of when pulled up behind a car with lights running and when he came to the window they were still going at it.
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

banksy wrote:
BeachBiker wrote:
He told a story once of when pulled up behind a car with lights running and when he came to the window they were still going at it.
I don't know HOW they could have NOT reaized that cruiser was there - it had enough lights on it for sure (2 red/blue "double-bubble rotating lights, 2 red/blue bright alternating flashing lights, 2 li-intensity clear "takedown" lights, along with the reflections from that HUGE chrome siren speaker, all on the roof - PLUS the A-post spotlight).

Here is an ACTUAL photo of the cruiser your Dad used:

That's me, in uniform, opening the door by the way. The other officers are (L to R) Rick Hamp and James "Woody" Woodring - I do recall who the prisoner was, but won't publish it here.

And NO - that cruiser was NOT one of my make-out locations.

Although, I have continued making a list of my "Favorite Make-Out Locations" - and Number 137 on my list is the DRIVER'S ED car parked at the rear at the high school when they still left it unlocked at night. :fogey: :D
SassyCat

Post by SassyCat »

OK this is getting scary. BB I used to "hang out" in that Driver's ED car too when they left it unlocked. It was one of my favorite spots.....esp knowing Mr Czap had NO IDEA that the students were using the car for extracurricular activities. ::SassyCat peaking over the back seat to see if BB is spying on her from the front seat:: :devil:
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

SassyCat wrote:OK this is getting scary...
Yea, too many details (that my memory finds somewhat familiar).

I'm back to just the list and perhaps a few short comments - don't want this to get too "frisky". :wall:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

Hey BB, was up at the corner of VanScoyoc and Decker this afternoon... don't know why, but, for some reason, I thought of you. :lol:
As a matter of fact, just about every place I went today.... I thought of you :rofl: .