Tyrone Make-Out Locations

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Tyrone Make-Out Locations

Post by BeachBiker »

My2Cents wrote:...As a matter of fact, just about every place I went today.... I thought of you :rofl: .
Hmmm, then you must have also gone to Arch Spring, Moose Park on Hoovers Lane, the old treatment plant area across the bridge before the former Lion's Inn... :wink:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

BeachBiker wrote:
My2Cents wrote:...As a matter of fact, just about every place I went today.... I thought of you :rofl: .
Hmmm, then you must have also gone to Arch Spring, Moose Park on Hoovers Lane, the old treatment plant area across the bridge before the former Lion's Inn... :wink:
No, didn't go there....... today. :mrgreen:
Blackout

Post by Blackout »

.....but when we really wanted to treat our ladies right and we had no money, no wheels, no job and no hope........us Lincoln Avenue'rs resorted to Old Faithful.......THE PIGHOLE!!!! :thumb:
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Blackout wrote:.....but when we really wanted to treat our ladies right and we had no money, no wheels, no job and no hope........us Lincoln Avenue'rs resorted to Old Faithful.......THE PIGHOLE!!!! :thumb:
The pighole is number 164 on my list. :wink:

Seriously, I was tempted to mention it in a previous post - but Sassycat's original post specifically stated "NEATEST" make-out places, and that certainly counted out the pighole for me.

Although, there WERE a few "eager" young ladies who lived in that immediate vicinity back in my "prime-time days" - but it wasn't all that far to instead go to the Citizen's and use the rear parking lot (or hose bed of Engine 2)... :fogey:
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

You guys already covered the major areas.A couple not mentioned, The old girls JV softball field behind the track,the peewee field behind the legion(thought that one was appropriate for a few of us), and the top of the high school path. , and the athletic park playground. :thumb:
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

The vets parking lot was always kind of dark and secluded......

220 Drive-in.....If you were really feeling risque and GOT OUT OF THE CAR......you had to watch for skunks :?
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Ok - I gave it a week, and kept my NUMBER 1 FAVORITE "Make-Out" location off my lists to date.

I wanted to see of anyone else posted it - and no one has.

I will now reveal that my NUMBER 1 FAVORITE "Make-Out" location is (actually, "was")...

... RODEO!!!.

Who DIDN'T make out at the Lazy E Ranch Rodeo? (livestock doesn't count).

I probably made out (pun intended) better that almost anyone else - as every year I set up camp and pitched my tent on the hill on the west side of the corral, with a spectacular view overseeing EVERYTHING.

Of course, it's a great advantage being part of the family that HELD the rodeo, but..

I also had to consider that every relative I had - and about 3/4 of the other youth population of the Tyrone area - was in very close proximity.

It WAS weird having such cozy "Make-Out" circumstances with all my relatives there too, but heck - THEY were "making out" too. :fogey:

All but one. The only family member who actually restrained herself and did not engage in such amorous behavior was, well, let's just make up a nickname and call her "Beck".

She was a good girl - in a family of wild ones. :wall: :thumb: :D
no-it-all

Post by no-it-all »

OMG, Bikeman!! I feel like a mo--ron. That is a classic! Good times.
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

haha...Rodeo... and those that weren't making out at the rodeo were too busy tipping over the porta-poopers :slap:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

:wall: :rofl:
kilnoperator

Post by kilnoperator »

In the 70's or back in the day as they say, anywhere I could park my ride or drag a blanket to was fair game. But the best place for my money is Reservoir Park. Being still very young at heart, and living close to the park , my lady and I still sneak up there on warm summer nights, blanket in tow, to enjoy some special time. The last time we were there we intended to stop at the pavillion closest to the snack bar because it's dark there and you can see anyone coming in plenty of time. To our surprise as we neared our destination and our eyes began to adjust to the darkness, there in a passionate embrace were two lovers who had beat us to the punch so to speak. We laughed and just kept walking. I think it was a young couple and I'm sure they were probably just as amused to see a couple of our age , blanket in hand, off to enjoy the park as they were. You are never too old to feel young again. I can't wait for summer! :thumb:
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Reservoir Park, after hours, was certainly a great place.

As I've already mentioned here recently and in the past, it was easy to go around the barricades on foot or on motorcycle - and didn't seem to be a concern to borough officials as long as folks weren't leaving any messes (trash on the ground or tables, etc) or doing anything illegal such as underage drinking, etc.

Not only did I go there quite often with "young ladies", but a bunch of us from the Citizens who had cycles often stopped at East End for hoagies and pop before going to a pavilion near the back of the park after hours to eat and just socialize. It wasn't rare to see couples at another pavilion enroute - or someone already AT the one we used, so we just continued to another.

It seemed to me that certain young ladies had particular pavilions that each preferred. If any of you who reads this IS one of those young ladies - and know who I am - please state what pavilion you preferred, and chances are I will remember who you are (among other warm memories!).

I recall that once I joined the police force, I no longer went there after hours except occasional checks. However, for a while, we had a special "park patrol" duty that I often pulled.

One summer evening, while it was still quite daylight, I took a shortcut through the wooded area behind the basketball court off Reservoir Drive. There was a fallen tree in a small clearing there, and I observed a young couple in a passionate embrace and disarrayed clothing - a quite beautiful young lady whom I recognized - and ANOTHER quite beautiful young lady whom I recognized. :huh: :hail:

I simply reversed direction and let them go about their activities, but told a few folks (mostly other officers) about it soon after - omitting their identities.

In fact, just after that, the same evening, I ran into and was talking to 2 young nearby-resident lads who were brothers named Ardean and "Billy" Latchford. I would have loved to have told them - but they were like 10 and 12 at the time... :fogey:

So, Bill Latchford - now I HAVE told you about that, almost 30 years later. And NO, I still won't reveal the identities of any long ago fallen-log lovers. :lol:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

When we were kids we didn't know any of that stuff and we were never told any of that stuff.... just to get to the hug and kiss stage was a big tsk,tsk !! Consequently, there were very, very few ( if any ) that ever ventured that far. I remember the very first clue some of us got, as far as there being more to just the hugs and kisses, it was when the book Peyton Place came out, ROFLOL. We used to bowl at the YMCA, and somebody brought that book to the bowling alley one night :oops: talk about embarrassed...Prior to this,just about everybody knew that ( what they called back then) a "very dirty" book had been published and was for sale on the bookshelves... and OMG :shock: there it was, in the YMCA bowling alley, right there on the seat, and within our reach, and within our eyesite. Our first glimpse at the cover of a dirty book, tsk, tsk, LOL. I don't remember how we bowled that night but our mind certainly wasn't on bowling... we were keeping track of who was opening that "dirty book" and reading something in it... tsk, tsk, ROFLOL !!!
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

I know this dosen't have anything to do with the make out part, but, just an example as to how innocent we were back then. There use to be a pond, across the street from Epworth Manor. You could see it from the sidewalk,if you looked up over the cement wall. You could go down a set of cement steps (about 12 of them) to the pond itself. It was always full of big (back then big) orange goldfish. We would go down there and feed them bread crumbs. There was a log/telephone pole running across the pond, directly under the sidewalk/cement wall area.... sometimes we would walk across the log to the other side, but, we mainly stayed on the step side. One day, I looked over the wall (was hard to see the log) and a friend of mine was standing down there in the middle of the log fishing. I went down the steps and asked him if he was catching anything... he looked at me surprised, he didn't answer me, and he ran away. He never looked at me again, or spoke. ROFLOL.... it took me YEARS to figure out he wasn't holding a fishing rod.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

My2Cents wrote:When we were kids we didn't know any of that stuff and we were never told any of that stuff.... just to get to the hug and kiss stage was a big tsk,tsk !! Consequently, there were very, very few ( if any ) that ever ventured that far. I remember the very first clue some of us got, as far as there being more to just the hugs and kisses, it was when the book Peyton Place came out, ROFLOL. We used to bowl at the YMCA, and somebody brought that book to the bowling alley one night :oops: talk about embarrassed...Prior to this,just about everybody knew that ( what they called back then) a "very dirty" book had been published and was for sale on the bookshelves... and OMG :shock: there it was, in the YMCA bowling alley, right there on the seat, and within our reach, and within our eyesite. Our first glimpse at the cover of a dirty book, tsk, tsk, LOL. I don't remember how we bowled that night but our mind certainly wasn't on bowling... we were keeping track of who was opening that "dirty book" and reading something in it... tsk, tsk, ROFLOL !!!
ImageImage
Look Familar My2Cents??? I grabbed both of them....Same book two different covers they ran