PA HOUSE FIRE - 37 YEARS LATER

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

PA HOUSE FIRE - 37 YEARS LATER

Post by BeachBiker »

This Friday, January 16, 2009, will be the 37th anniversary of Tyrone's worst disaster - the Pennsylvania House Hotel fire. I don't know if any local media will mention or cover this.

For those who don't know, the PA House Hotel was located where the hi-rise now sits at the corner of PA Avenue and 11th St.

Here are links to previous threads I started on this subject in a couple recent years:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=441&p=2457

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=636&p=4233

Hopefully, such an event will never happen again. I hope everyone who has memories of this tragedy, lost friends/relatives in it, were also involved in any way with it, etc takes a moment to reflect on the great loss Tyrone collectively suffered that day.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: PA HOUSE FIRE - 37 YEARS LATER

Post by Bill Latchford »

I looked up information on this so sad. I don't remember it but it is a sad story to read. Should not be forgotten I'm sure.

http://www3.gendisasters.com/pennsylvan ... e-jan-1972

Take Care
baldeagle

Re: PA HOUSE FIRE - 37 YEARS LATER

Post by baldeagle »

Beach,

If I remember right it has been mentioned from time to time in the hearld when the aniversery is near.I'm glad you brought it up because it should never be forgotten.There are still alot of fireman left around that still to this day talk about that day and how difficult it was.The story I remember the best is how the fireman had to tie there hoses behind there engines and drag them back to there firehall because they were frozen solid and couldn't be drained or coiled back onto there trucks.