Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Conan_the_Hoagarian

Re: Tyrone PD - Police Department

Post by Conan_the_Hoagarian »

I heard that someone spotted one of the Tyrone Police cruisers parked near the future site of Gamesa's windmill farm on Ice Mountain.
East End hoagie wrappers were littered all around the clearing.

Ice Mountain is in Snyder Township - who authorized this?!?!?

More importantly why are the police showing partiality to East End hoagies?
...there are other hoagie vendors in Tyrone.

Someone needs to be held accountable!
In hoagie wars, the only victim is good taste.
Wakeup08

Post by Wakeup08 »

I do live in the borough and have for most of my life and am no relation to anyone involved. Just using common sense in listening to this mess and hoping most of the community is doing the same. This is just getting nasty and that is what happens when you choice to address things publicly in a forum like this. I doubt the family and friends of either side know the whole story; but everyone will know eventually. From what I have heard/read I think there are going to be some surprised family and friends when the full truth comes out and "I have done nothing wrong" just doesn't cut it anymore. But I choice to wait until the full truth comes out, rather than prosecute people thru a chat board and make this even worse. I believe airing this the way those few have chosen to do is just going to make things worse for them, their choice. It just makes people look more suspect when you choice to handle things in this manner. Especially when your defense just doesn't add up. Those of you gripping out the police car, if this is all you got let it go. That subject is getting old and is so petty.. I think people are grasping at straws to try and pick a side. As I said earlier everyone will know the truth soon enough.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by Bill Latchford »

Conan_the_Hoagarian wrote:I heard that someone spotted one of the Tyrone Police cruisers parked near the future site of Gamesa's windmill farm on Ice Mountain.

We all know that our police may have to travel out of their jurisdiction to fight crime from time to time. I believe them checking out the Gamesa site was understandable.
How do you know the police were not investigating the wrappers as evidence to a crime against “Ice Mountain”?
Maybe Gamesa is trying to jump the gun and their workers were up there eating the hoagies.
I think we should hold Gamesa accountable for this dastardly deed. :thumb:
Tapout9947

Post by Tapout9947 »

Wakeup08 wrote:I do live in the borough and have for most of my life and am no relation to anyone involved. . I doubt the family and friends of either side know the whole story; but everyone will know eventually. Those of you gripping out the police car, if this is all you got let it go. That subject is getting old and is so petty.. I think people are grasping at straws to try and pick a side. As I said earlier everyone will know the truth soon enough.
I lived in Tyrone all my life..(well actually Grazierville) same thing, And I do have a relation in this. Matt P.
is my future brother in law. I agree I dont know the whole story ,but as in Matts case I know enough that it was wrong on the chiefs part..As for where the police car is located I agree who cares..as for Greg, I have known drug dealers, drug users and crooks all my life. Greg is none of the above..everyone keeps saying how much the chief has helped this town out but you are all forgetting Greg has done alot for this community also. Everyone I have talked to about this thinks it is a joke..i would just like too know the relations between the people arguing for chief..and if they r from Tyrone.. Jonathan Wallace
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Conan_the_Hoagarian wrote:I heard that someone spotted one of the Tyrone Police cruisers parked near the future site of Gamesa's windmill farm on Ice Mountain.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

( I'll most likely live to regret this ) I do not live in Tyrone, but I do try to keep up with what is happening locally. I haven't heard anything about any of this anywhere...until I started reading it on this board. I understand your desire for public awareness and trying to get "your side out there", BUT, bringing all this hostile attention to the people involved isn't doing anyone any favors. If anything, it's making all involved look :devil: and I would think this isn't what you should want for your town and the people you care about.

Statements are retractable....people's mindset...not so much. In other words.... You are telling the public that there are acccusations of questionable behavior being hurled at these officers. THERE WILL BE PEOPLE READING THIS THAT WILL NOW AND FOREVER HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT ALL PEOPLE INVOLVED.

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence"

"Be careful of the words you say and keep them nice and sweet; you never know from day to day...which ones you'll have to eat"

So on and so forth...blah blah blah...bada bing bada boom

Just an opinion from someone on the outside looking in.
Im_lovin_it

Post by Im_lovin_it »

My question as a taxpayer is...With Greg on Administrative leave, who is covering his hours???? Are we paying overtime to a certain "two" officers??? While we have another highly qualifed officer layed off.. I do believe we as taxpayers are entitled to know that..... And another thing why wasn't the good ole chief and the mut Velo invited to the last TWO drug busts in blair county????

And last time I checked, Sears doesn't sell dog food!!
steelerfan

Post by steelerfan »

Boy did this subject raise alot of anger, support and resntment from alot of different people in the borough. i would have to agree that until this all comes to light and both sides of the story are heard, the rumors and gossip are going to fly. like i stated before, i have nothing against the chief, nor would i know the other officers that are supposedly on his side, but i think people on here are raising some good points. as far as gregg goes, i have known him all my life and we shall see what comes out of this. he is a good man and a good officer so lets hope all things work out for him. some people on here just seem to not get that everyone is entitled to their opinions...the "mud slinging" seems to be going both ways. so who is the bad guys and who are the good guys here? i see comments going both ways. as far as the use of cars and the k-9....well, im sure people do understand the durango is used for the dog. but i see people asking questions about why they see it all over the place, and im sure it can be explained. all i ask is that we do hear it then. is this being petty? it may seem so but i think it also has merit and warrants an answer too. a simple solution to this is have a vehicle log..all miles accounted for..i would hope we the taxpayers are not footing the fuel bill for the durango being used for non police realted activites. again, all valid points for the taxpayers to ask. so when you say, these things are petty, its just all part of what is going on in the police dept and needs to straightened out. is it directly involved with what is going on with officer ray and the chief? not really, but its questions that are being asked. in the end, there will be alot of questions answered and who knows which way it will end up, but it is still good to see many people getting on here and involved. good luck greg and hope all works out for you...
Christy

Post by Christy »

First and foremost, my father has nothing to do with this. I have not talked negatively about anyone or their families. I met Greg two years after my father was already in jail, when I moved to Tyrone, and they have never had any kind of a relationship. I myself was never involved in any activity with my dad and have never been arrested for anything, so you have no idea what you are talking about. I guess this is an attempt to apply "Sins of the Father". We have also never attempted to hide who my dad was and I gave Chris Yaniello permission to print it. I addressed Council originally because there was an attempt to keep this all hidden and they were trying to persecute Greg behind closed doors. Greg had to go through this ordeal once before and the State Police investigated it and he was cleared of any wrong doing. The Chief was not here during the investigation, however was the one who presented the findings to Council in 2001. Greg has fully cooperated with the Attorney General's Office investigation and did take a voice stress analysis (polygraph), which the results will be made public soon. The AG's have done a very thourough job, unlike the Private Investigators who have spoken to none of our friends, families or neighbors. They have only talked to those they were directed to talk to. Greg also stated that he would take a drug test of any kind at any time. The AG's Office stated that it would not be neccessary. Greg also took a drug test during the last investigation and the results of that were that were negative for any type of contraband.

Pennsylvania is an "at will" state, however that does not pertain to the police department. They have a contract and can only be terminated for "just casue". There are many reasons these allegations are being made against Greg, none of which I will address. I am quite aware how the investigation started and who made the original accusations and how the accusations were obtained and under what promises the statements were obtained. The entire investigation was turned over to the AG's Office and instead of letting those Agents do there job, the Chief continues to go all over the state and conducts his own investigation and then on top of that the Borough hires another law firm and Private Investigators to conduct a complete seperate one. It is probably because they already know what the outcome of the AG's investigation is and once again I will say that the Borough is shopping for the desired outcome.

Greg's family, particularly his son, has been devestated by this entire thing for the second time. The first time it was a pretty quiet investigation, but during this one some chose to trash Greg's name all over the County. If the Borough would have just allowed the AG's Office do their job, we probably wouldn't be talking about this on here right now. However due to very severe mistakes, they needed to take other action and try to save face. Greg has been in law enforcement for 28 years and has heard lots of people make accusations against other police officers. It happens in that field. Most times, they are untrue and there is some underlying reason for it, otherwise known as a grudge. Just because this is the second time Greg has been investigated, doesn't make him guilty of anything. Besides, this is pretty much the same investigation as the last. I guess because the State Police "screwed it up", to quote someone close to this.

I have not made this post personal and have not lashed out at anyone, except for those have been neglectful of their duty, mainly Council. Again, the AG's report will be the tell all and I do not fear the findings of it.
Christy

Post by Christy »

I apologize, but I forgot to thank all of our wonderful friends, neighbors, forum posters and some people that I don't even know, for your kind words and support during this ordeal. Thank you for being there when we needed someone to stand beside us. It will not be forgotten.
Mickey9922

Post by Mickey9922 »

It takes a pretty LOW person to bring Greg's family into this. But I figured it was going to happen. After all this is Tyrone were talking about. Christy your right your father has nothing to do with this, but they have to run their mouth about something. Like I said before it will all come out soon. And again Greg enjoy your vacation it's on the tax payers. They don't mind.
TGEagles2000

Post by TGEagles2000 »

Yes Mr. Ray please enjoy your V-Time! I know My Husband and I don't mind at all! In this case at least we know where the Money is going to!
Mickey9922

Post by Mickey9922 »

Your welcome Christy. When it's wrong it's wrong and the chief and his only two friends are wrong.
JRR1981

Post by JRR1981 »

Well I am writing about the Police Department and all the recent troubles that have been made public. And I think what they did and/are doing to GREG,Jess and Matt is just so freaking dumb. Like many others have wrote on here that Gregg has served his town and country for many many many years and come on get real people only time you ever seen Gregg Ray stopped in his police car is to talk to local residents and trying to keep the peace if something was out of the ordinary. Everyone knows that. As as far as Jess and Matt, well I know Jess's fiance` and I know his family well and Greg as well. And let me tell you this whole thing about them being on drugs LOL LOL... :lol: WOW People in this town really need to get a life. Seriously. WOW... That is so stupid for someone to say. And as far as Matt, I live by him and well I have never ever seen anyone at his house or thought that there was anything wrong there. Come on now. I just have a funny feeling there is something that was done within the department and the chief thinks that someone knows about it and or is trying to cover up the tracks by making these three GREAT COPS! pay for it to take the attention off of the people who are in the wrong. And that is typical TYRONE STYLE. If you have the right name and know someone who is a BIG SHOT in town then h*ll you can commit any crime big or small and get away with it. Just by having the right connections. And that is just Typical TYRONE. I have to agree with one of the people on here that us common people of Tyrone should take a stand and stand be-hind these three who are wrongfully accused and get rid of the trouble makers in town. Plain and simple the B. S. Needs to quit and the only way people are going to change this town is stand up for what is right regardless who they are standing up against and make this town the town it could be. No this corruption that is obviously going on. I would like to say "YEA I LIVE IN TYRONE!!" and be proud of it. But due to all the bad publicity this town has gotten over the years and now the corruption, I am sick to live here and know now my kids will probably have to go to school here. If I could move I would, but I can't take my kids away from their grandparents. I know that is probably what someone is going to say that is for the Chief. But you know what, I think they should be doing investigating on the chief and the other cops who is allowing people to get away with DUI's and drug charges. If that was me drinking and driving drunk I would be thrown in jail really quick, oh wait if I give FALSE statements against the "GOOD COP" I could probably go drinking and driving huh?? I would rather sit in jail than do something immorally wrong against the few good people and cops we have in this town. Everyone who started this should be ashamed of themselves and think how they can sleep at night when they are ruining GOOD PEOPLE'S Lives. All I can say in closing .... People really need to grow up in this town mind their own business and People should stand up for what is Right regardless who they are standing up to. GREG JESS and MATT... :thumb: GOOD luck.... Remember God will do the judging for all those who have done you wrong! GOD BLESS!! And to the people who have done wrong... well the pic says a millions words!! :mob:
snyd2001

Post by snyd2001 »

I like many others here,by the sounds of it, do not have all the facts. I also am not related to anyone involved and currently do not live in tyrone. I do have many relatives in tyrone and in talking to them none of them are aware of this situation. I do however want to say that if I knew I was in the wrong then I would surely not want to mke it public. This fact alone makes me believe that Gregg has done nothing wrong. I have met Gregg on occasion and have found him to be very professional but more importantly he was also very kind. Having someone in his position that can show some compassion to people he doesn't know but still do the job he is being paid for is something to be proud of. There have been many rumors about the police since I can remember. Some were true and those officers didn't last long. Most however were not true and just vicious rumors that someone started to get even. Its amazing how when someone is caught doing something wrong and made to pay for it, how they can retaliate by trying to ruin the life of the one that caught them. If I remember correctly there were many rumors about the chief when he first came to tyrone. Where would he be now if people ran with those rumors? Its a fact that if you work for the public your life is under a microscope all the time. I wish that Greg would have had the respect he deserves to be treated in the same manner as the chief was with the rumors about him. I do not know the other officers involved in this mess, but again I say that in taking this public they surely arent guilty. Who would do that to themselves if they were guilty and it all came out in the end making them really look like an *ss? I will add though that I do know an officer that isn't from around tyrone and he is in the K9. He does have to take the car home and keep the dog with him as a part of the family all the time. Its also why you always call him before going to his house LOL. I really hope that this is resolved soon and that everyone in tyrone gets the answers. It would be a shame for this to go away quietly and let the citizens continue to speculate and argue the point. Not only that, when Gregg is reinstated, if the public is not made aware of the outcome how are he and the other officers going to get any respect when they are doing thier job? The reason I say this is because it happens too many times. Gregg, I do believe in you and hope you soon have this mess over with for you and your family. As to your father in law, Don't worry about it. Just about everyone in that town has known someone in jail and most are related. You are not responsible for what family members do. If that was the case then every parent whose child went down the wrong path with drugs should be held responsible. No I do not think every parent should be held responsible but I also do not think Gregg should be held responsible for his father in law considering he never met the man.