Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Oak1234

Re: Tyrone PD - Police Department

Post by Oak1234 »

This topic seems to be very important to a lot of the Tyrone community. I agree with the posts on here that the tax payers/members of the community have the right to question where their money is going. I’m sorry but I do not agree that this is a personnel issue, when the community is paying for the private investigators and the NEW attorney. WHY? The Attorney General’s office was doing the investigation and all of a sudden there is a need for private investigators? This seems very suspicious to me! I am a member of this community and a tax payer and I want answers!! I would also like to know why we are paying for certain officers to have over time when there are several officers that should be working. As for the reasons why the Dodge Durango was at the Logan Valley Mall, there is no reasoning for this! Our police department would not be doing any type of police work with a marked vehicle out of their jurisdiction! I agree with I’m loving it, sears does not sell dog food or anywhere else in the mall for that matter. From my understanding Tyrone’s K9 is still training and has not done any police work since coming to Tyrone.

These accusations against Greg, Jessica and Matt are ridiculous and anyone that would believe this kind of BS needs to take a long look in the mirror. Greg has been an officer in Tyrone for 18 years; he is the ONLY current officer in town that has been with the police department that long. How would he be able to hide something for 18 years and no one find out about it? Come on people this is Tyrone we are talking about. Everyone knows everyone else’s business, or think they do. Our town needs officers like Greg, Jessica and Matt; along with a few other officers.

I understand that everyone has the right to have an opinion. Not everyone will agree on a topic like this, however a smile or a hello from an officer means nothing to me. The ones that get out of their cars and talk to the members of the community are the ones I want protecting the community I live in. This shows me that they care what is going on! Since when does a “fake” smile make you a good person? Just a thought!
BigIron

Post by BigIron »

I can't say I agree with the ESTEEMED "WeLoveTheChief's" dogma that there has been corrupt activities going on within the organization. He seems to be a little biased toward Chief Beachem, Officer Lutz, and Officer Franks. With that said, I have no connection to any of the officers, except a professional working relationship within the borough. I have not heard the whole story from both sides, but have heard some comments from each. I have worked with Officer Ray and Officer Barlick on many occasions, and they were always very professional. I would find it very hard to believe that Officer Ray has any drug problem that is just coming to light now. The investigation many years ago held no water and I think it is safe to assume this investigation will bring about the same conclusion. I believe Chief Beachem is treating some officers unfairly. I also think Officer Lutz and Officer Franks going against their union "brother" has more to do with moving up in the ranks and less to do with "doing the right thing" as "WeLoveTheChief" lamented. The chiefs own bias toward some officers gives him an advantage, as he yield the ultimate power in releasing information to the media and community.

"WeLoveTheChief" also states that Pennsylvania is an "at-will" state and you can be fired at and time, for any reason. While you are correct that PA is an at will state, there are 67 state and federal statutes that prohibit the discharge of a "contract" employees without proper legislation. I guess you deserve an A+ for trying. :thumb:

This forum is becoming more and more popular, and this thread is definately an inherent issue to this community. I do appreciate and understand the views posted on both sides (with a few exceptions for uneducated, shoot from the hip posts), and feel both sides may have some factual merit. Most of the comments are based on emotions, not facts. I can not come here and tell people who's side to choose. But I can tell you a certain three bad apples in the department, and they are not Officer Ray, Barlick, or Plummer.
Navy CPO

Post by Navy CPO »

The following phrase captures this entire blog: "It is what it is!" :flag:
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

In reply to NAVY CPO it is what it is. Well let me tell you what it is, the chief has a hard time telling the truth. It's only a matter of time before the truth comes out. I think when it all comes out the taxpayers of this borough will have questions about why the extra money was spent on trying to accuse innocent officers of wrong doing. I think members of this community need to start questioning the jobs of borough officials who are supposed to be looking out for the best interest of the taxpayers of this community.
Rhoades

Post by Rhoades »

Newcouncilmember is right! This town needs to start asking questions!!!!!!!!! Why let the borough spend our money and not question where it's going or what it's being used for...... Come on now!
Navy CPO

Post by Navy CPO »

An individual’s perception is neither fact nor truth! Yes, elected officials should have to explain their actions. I have no ties with all involved except for them being employed in the town in which I live. Do you need to know every little aspect? No! But some do, in my own opinion, because I guess it makes them feel important or in protecting a friend or family member. All you need to know is the following:

- What is the issue
- That the issue has been corrected
- And what is in place to keep the issue from happening again

If you read all the blog’s, there are many issues listed to go on about. So I keep the above just to the investigation.

I pose the following question for you: What is the vehicle policy for the Chief of Police? Have you read it? Don’t just go by someone’s perception.
If the Police Chief does abuse the vehicle policy, then that’s an issue.

So, what does the vehicle policy have to do with what is going on with the other officers? Two separate issues.

Recap: Many issues listed by all in regards to the Police Chief and the Police Officers. Sort each one out separately. When in doubt of one's individual action's, address the issues. Speak out and rise up. That is your god given right!!!

99% of this entire blog is one’s own perception. I make no attack on anyone, these are just my view points. "Nuff Said."

So again, I leave you with this: “It is what it is.” :flag:
Rhoades

Post by Rhoades »

Navy CPO that is just the problem here. Nothing has been corrected yet and nothing is in place to keep this from happening again. You are right there are several issues being discussed here. They all need to be resolved and there is one good way to solve all the issues at the same time!

And the saying "it is what it is" is fundamentally meaningless! These are serious issues that need to be solved and explanations need to be given.
Emmy50

Post by Emmy50 »

I have known Greg Ray for almost 20 years and he has done a lot for this community. I have never seen him do anything inappropriate or illegal. I believe those rumors were started years ago by teens who hated him. He is an honorable police officer, he helped set up Night out against crime a few years back, he has worked with teenagers to keep them off drugs. He even ran for District Justice and had a lot of support. I consider him to be a professional while on duty.

I do NOT believe any of these allegations and will be happy when he is vindicated. Once he is..I hope that something is done about the corruption of the rest of them.
Guy Fawkes

Post by Guy Fawkes »

If what I'm hearing is correct, that Officer Ray is dealling/using drugs and the PI's have statements from witneeses and informants, then why is Officer Ray only on susspension and not setting in jail on these charges. Does not make sense that they have enough cause to suspend him on these criminal acts but not be able to arrest him, I'm sure Officer Lutz and Frank are oilling their cuff's waiting for the Cheif to approve Officer Ray's arrest.
Remember, remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
Im_lovin_it

Post by Im_lovin_it »

Oh your right Guy Fawkes.... Officer Lutz and Franks are "greasin" up, waiting for the chief... and its not their cuffs I'm talking about.... It's the three ring circle jerk that goes on at tax payers expense... :guns:
newcouncilmember

I think we have to take a look at where these written statements are coming from. Drug dealers, users and some of the statements are even coming from people who have already been arrested for giving police false statements. I want to know when someone signs the cheif up for his polygraph test I would love to be there for that one. I am ashamed as a member of this community that Sharon, Mayor Kilmartin, and the members of council are still letting this go on. Just because he is the cheif doesnt mean that he is telling the truth. LETS ALL THINK ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!@
park21012

Post by park21012 »

newcouncilmember wrote:I think we have to take a look at where these written statements are coming from. Drug dealers, users and some of the statements are even coming from people who have already been arrested for giving police false statements. I want to know when someone signs the cheif up for his polygraph test I would love to be there for that one. I am ashamed as a member of this community that Sharon, Mayor Kilmartin, and the members of council are still letting this go on. Just because he is the cheif doesnt mean that he is telling the truth. LETS ALL THINK ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!@
...the "statements" from the druggies are told that if they give a false statement against Ray then they will not be charged and will walk...now, you tell me what druggie wouldnt give a false statement rather then going to jail? Its sad that the borough is well aware of this and is letting it go on..and to think that the CHIEF is operating this (along with his sidekick) and he is the one who is to be protecting this already filled with drugs/dealers town....Im sure Operation Our Town would not approve...
Meaux
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by Meaux »

Is the local media covering this at all? This all sounds newsworthy.
newcouncilmember

w

i as A member of this borough would like to know how much OFFICER FRANKS,OFFICER LUTZ, JOE BEACHEM, AND SHARON DANNAWAY, have cost us . I as a member of the community of Tyrone which i will remind You put all of the borough officials in the positions that they are in. How as borough officials do you go above and beyond the statements of the ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFFICE. I think that borough officials know that they are in a bind. THAT IS THE REASON FOR THE PRIVATE INVESTAGORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ? I think that the borough officials are trying to dig out from the lies that CHIEF JOSEPH BEACHEM has told against officer GREG RAY. As stated by officer RAYS wife he has already passed A polygraph test. WHEN DOES JOE BEACHEM TAKE HIS POLYGRAPH TEST!!!!!!! I will be the first one to say that if officer ray is found guilty that I will publicy appoligize to alll involved. All that I am saying to the general public and to mayor kilmartin let this all be FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have lived in this town for all of my life, my parents have lived here all of their lives, and my great grandparents have lived here all of their lives and we all agree we have not seen nothing like this unfair treatment. i would hope if MAYOR JIM KILMARTON is a religious as he would like us to beleive that he is he would make the correct decision.
Im_lovin_it

Re: w

Post by Im_lovin_it »

well said, newcouncilmember... In these tough economic times we the TAXPAYERS, paid for this fruitless investigation, I'm guessing well over $10,000 between attorneys fees, PI fees, OVERTIME... "dog food"..... I'm sure if we have that kind of money to be tossin around that it could be used for more functional purposes in our town.... I have all the confidence in the world in Officer Ray and Plumber and applaud them for "doing the right thing" That is a great moral lesson to teach the YOUTH of Tyrone.... rather than "it's okay to LIE, CHEAT and STEAL to get ahead in this world" How are we to have confidence in our police department knowing the corrupt activity that goes on and is swept away by borough council??

Come on Borough Council... Wake up and smell the doo doo you are being served by your beloved Chief!!!!!

GREG RAY FOR MAYOR!!!!!