Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
jumper56

Re: Tyrone PD - Police Department

Post by jumper56 »

Perhaps I have been gone too long from Tyrone. Perhaps living in a large city with a crime rate that rivals Chicago and New York City, I am having a difficult time wrapping my head around this issue. Let me see if I have this straight. A big time drug dealer for 18 years in Tyrone. Uh-huh! I'm sorry, a big time, Police Officer drug dealer ( and user apparently ) in Tyrone for 18 years and no one knew. Uh-huh! What has Tyrone had for a Police force for the past 18 years, four, five, six Officers? With what a population of about 1500? OK, recognize facetious when you see it!! Awful small world to be dealing for all those years and no one reports anything.

Have read all the 'Chief is great' blogs. Hmmm, took him how long to catch onto this whole set up? Either this is all bogus or the Chief is sadly lacking. Smells like decomp to me!!

I have an unaswered question in all of this. WHERE IS THE MONEY? In the real world when a crime involving the type of cash flow we must be talking about here (18 years worth) there is always a money trail. So, where did this one lead? If Officer Ray has been dealing all these years, Cocaine I believe, good money in that, so where is his. You know, drug dealers have 'stuff' and lots of it. So where are the homes, cars, boats, RV's, bikes, toys, vacation homes, gold, grilles, dubs, babes, (no offense Christy) posse, Cayman Island bank accounts, bags of cash? Where is it?? We are to believe that Officer Ray was smart enough to get away with this supposed crime all these years but wasn't smart enough to make profits?? Can't have it both ways. My understanding is that Officer Ray just purchased his FIRST home. What is he, almost 50, his first home?? He walks to work, when is not on Admin leave. He nor his wife have ever owned a 'new' car and his wife does physical labor for a living? OK, not buying the whole drug dealing story, sorry!! Too much does not add up.

This seems to be a lot of 'he said, she said' with absolutely no evidence. Shouldn't somone been arrested by now?

To 'Im lovin it' Dude, I will bet good money the citizens of Tyrone will be paying closer to 30 grand for the services of outside attorneys and private investigators. These guys don't come cheap.

To those of you who are innocent, stand tall, all will be revealed. Remember, nothing is FAIR, it is only a word and means nothing. I hope when this is all over you all will not be jaded into leaving your chosen field. To those of you whom went out of your way to harm the reputation of the innocent, once you pull your heads out of your *ss, hope you don't find employment. You don't deserve to make a living. Officer Ray, Brother you are the best man I know, seeyalaterbye!!
jumper56

Post by jumper56 »

Does the Tyrone Herald have a website where one can look at past news articles on this subject? There seems to have been something written and would like to read those articles also.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

jumper56 wrote:Does the Tyrone Herald have a website where one can look at past news articles on this subject? There seems to have been something written and would like to read those articles also.
Any articles written between June 2002, and December 4th, 2008 can be found at the following link...

http://www.tyronepa.com/v3/category/exc ... ly-herald/

You may search the articles by using the search box on the upper right, or by browsing the archives on the left, 3/4 of the way down the screen. :thumb:
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
park21012

Post by park21012 »

..I would like to know how the Borough Council can fire Greg Ray when the Atttorney General's report has not been read yet. How is that fair? How is that legal? I think that it is ashame what the council, the chief, his followers (Lutz and Franks), and Mayor Kilmartin have done to this man who has served the Tyrone community for over 18 yrs....I think it's time for a change here in the Tyrone..new mayor..new council..and when the AG report comes out..new Chief of Police!
Im_lovin_it

Post by Im_lovin_it »

I agree....NEW Borough Manager, she's been breastfeeding council poison milk!! There all drunk on her juice!! It's time the citizens of Tyrone take OUR town back...Let's go Tyrone, Get involved!! Get out and VOTE!!
TGEagles2000
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by TGEagles2000 »

What a freakin sickly MESS! My Family and I are very close friends with Greg & Christy and have been for years. Does THE "Borough" have any kind of idea what they are putting them through?? OOH No, because GOD FORBID they have something like this happen to them, Their little buddies would be there at a nipple suck to help them out! I used to be proud to say where I was from and I held my head up high, now with all this CRAP going on I'm just sick of all the LIES LIES LIES! This is what really erks me...How can you have a meeting with Greg in the morning (act as if everything is hunky dorie)then turn around at publc meeting & FIRE HIM W/ NO REASON? I just can't wait to see what else I'M PAYING FOR on a yearly basses from now on! OH and before I forget it's just a blast going down town looking at the Street Lights (that make Pa. Ave. look like an air port), Side Walks, Parking Meters that run out way before hand, and a Building that gives everyone the creeps when they drive by and see the elderly people peeking out at them. And WE'LL get a new code enforcement officer that's respects the people and can work with the people instead of fining everyone for the most retarded reasons ever.

WE ALL NEED TO VOTE PEOPLE! & GET THEM THE **** out of there! This town needs an eye opener and ones that are in office for THE PEOPLE and NOT FOR the LOSERS Franks, Lutz and Beacham!

GREG & CHRIS you know by the the looks of our faces & the words that were said WE ARE BEHIND YOU UNTIL THE VERY END A MILLION PERCENT!

:mob:
jumper56

Post by jumper56 »

Well, that's that is it?? I am sure Greg Ray will move on. Perhaps out of Tyrone. I agree with others that you love your home town and when something like this goes down, while the town turns to dust, you have to wonder, do I still love this place? Certainly is making me rethink my retirement plans. The people of Tyrone do need to unite and make their voices heard come next election. Sounds like time to clean house. It certainly does not seem that the people currently in office are really doing anything for Tyrone and that is why they were elected. It seems they did have an exorbitant amount of time and money, well the people of Tyrones' money, to conduct this endeavor. No one deserves the humiliation and embarrassment of the past, what year, has been for Greg and the other officers whom are sure to be next on the chopping block. I am curious if the people of Tyrone have the 'right' to know, now that all the investigations are over, Greg is gone, end of story, what you have paid for attorneys, private investigators, trips all over the East Coast "investigating" What is the final tally? Wellll, it probably isnt' the final tally, I believe the good people of Tyrone will have one more expense coming their way regarding this debacle.

Good luck Greg and Chris. Ya know, the beach is closer than you think. I think I hear it calling your name.....................Love ya, hang in, you are worth it!!!
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

Today in the paper it stated that there was misconduct on the part of officer Ray. Could someone tell me who attends to the misconduct on the part of council, Sharon Dannaway, Joe Beachem, and the mayor Jim Kilmartin. Throughout the whole investigation I have heard allegations of drug use, drug dealings on the part of Officer Ray so why at the end does it have nothing to do with these drug allegations and more to do with neglect of duty. Which one it is COUNCIL? Where is the evidence against Officer Ray. If the borough council thinks that the investigation done by the Private Investigators was unbiased well then I hope you all can sleep at night with your decision to fire officer Ray. We all have a choice in who we put into the council seats so the members of the community especially the ones involved in this thread and the community members involved in the windmill debate need to get out there and vote to get the current council members out. Now that we have Bill Fink running against Kilmartin that is another way for us to achieve the outcome we all deserve. After reading the Daily Herald today I have one question for all reading this HOW DO WE GET RID OF SHARON DANNAWAY because I think she may be the cause of all of this injustice. I think council members have forgotten that they were put in the positions they are in to protect the community and not to listen to what SHARON DANNAWAY tells them to do. In closing join together as A community and vote them all out, and we will get the justice we deserve. JUST REMEMBER THE ATTORNEY GENERALS REPORT HAS NOT COME OUT YET!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone in favor of Officer Ray should attend the next council meeting and look the council members in the face and make them tell you why they made the decision they made. Im sure the borough solicitor will tell you it is none of your business and that is a bunch of CRAP because if it is not the community members business then who's business is it.
Rhoades

Post by Rhoades »

The borough manager, the chief of police and the mayor have one thing in common.......All three are CORRUPT and PATHETIC! All I can say is....Karma is a B**ch!!! The truth is in the AG's report, and every will find that out soon enough.
I continue to support Greg Ray 100%

:guns:
Rhoades

Post by Rhoades »

Now that the TRUTH is out, who will be first in line to apologize???
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

i think the chief his sidekick sharon and his two cocky friends should pay Greg a visit personally and apoligize
Daisy1121
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Daisy1121 »

I'm sitting here remembering why I moved away from this town years ago, Why I ever moved back I don't know. A few months ago I came home to two detectives standing in my hallway. They wanted to talk to me about the Tyrone Police. Yes, I am one of the so called girlfriends from 15 years ago. Just to clear that up, I wasn't. Greg and I had mutual friends, and the group always ended up in the same places. No, this was not a group of drug users, but some pretty prominent people that own businesses, have good jobs and some are even retired these days and they all still live in this town. First of all, if this is a recent investigation why are they going back 15-20 years in his past? Why does who he dated, or what he did on his own time have to do with his job? A few weeks after these detectives were here, I opened the door to two men in suits, no badges. They were private investigators hired by Tyrone Borough, I asked, They were asking all the same questions. I told these two, to hit the road. Who paid for these investigators? I think EVERYONE that is backing Greg and Christy, or was harrassed during this investigation should get together and show up at the next council meeting for some answers, I know I will. I would also like to know why, if Matt Plummer is laid off, did the Tyrone PD just hire another officer? That can't be legal. Greg and Christy hang in there and make sure all the people who did this to you get what they deserve, and you know who the people are you can count on. And for the people of Tyrone I guess you know what to do in the next election for Mayor!!!!!
BeachBiker
MVP Member

Post by BeachBiker »

Hmmm - if anything happens that the Chief leaves, maybe I'll just return up there, try for his job, and straighten up this whole mess!

Let's see: my Act 120 (PA Municipal Police Officer) certification is only expired by a few years (OK - DECADES!), those Dodge Chargers are a lot nicer than the old Malibus we had on the TPD force in my day, I've earned 2 more college degrees and gained many more years of public service experience since then, etc, etc, etc. :fogey:

Mayor and council problems? HA! NOTHING can compare to the crap we had going on back THEN! :rolleyes:

And, while I'm up there, I'll have to check to find out what ever happened to that little Billy Latchford kid who used to talk with us while on patrol around Reservoir Park. Quite a bright, inquisitive, and precocious young man - I'm sure he's someone quite notable nowadays... :D :wink:
Im_lovin_it

Post by Im_lovin_it »

[quote="WeLovetheChief"]Come on people of Tyrone... We will know who deserves the apology in the end. I hope those that need to eat crow have their plates ready.[/quote]

Hey "WeLovetheChief" hows that crow taste?? oh wait thats just the appetizer....wait til the main course comes!!! YUM YUM
snyd2001

Post by snyd2001 »

Yes but how has your personal life straightened up since then? Apparently this with Gregg is personal so it dont really matter how many degrees you have. If they were digging up things from 15 yrs. ago about Gregg then what all will they find from you 15 yrs ago or more? Don't think it would be worth it in my opinion to subject yourself to the councils personal scrutiny do you?