Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
newcouncilmember

Re: Tyrone PD - Police Department

Post by newcouncilmember »

sorry to inform u that the windmills were voted in Grazier, Werner, Bryant, Stoner, and Cosiglo voted in favor of it. The mayor and Hanzir voted against it. If there is anything we can do we will be more than willing to help. Hope its not too late . IM SORRY FOR EVERYONE OF TYRONE.
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

I don't live in Tyrone... but one doesn't have to be a resident of a community to understand its value and respect it. I'm appalled that your council used their voting power to desecrate an area of such conservational value. All I can say at this point is that I certainly hope all of you keep up the fight...stay involved in your community and get rid that bunch that's running the show.

GOOD LUCK!!!
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

newcouncilmember wrote:sorry to inform u that the windmills were voted in Grazier, Werner, Bryant, Stoner, and Cosiglo voted in favor of it. The mayor and Hanzir voted against it. If there is anything we can do we will be more than willing to help. Hope its not too late . IM SORRY FOR EVERYONE OF TYRONE.
Thanks for info.... and thanks for your concern. What about Gregg ??
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

Something to say wrote:I don't live in Tyrone... but one doesn't have to be a resident of a community to understand its value and respect it. I'm appalled that your council used their voting power to desecrate an area of such conservational value. All I can say at this point is that I certainly hope all of you keep up the fight...stay involved in your community and get rid that bunch that's running the show.

GOOD LUCK!!!
WHEW !! I just cannot believe this. What a waste !!!
jumper56

Post by jumper56 »

So, can someone fill us in on what, if anything was said at the meeing regarding Greg Ray? Or are we still repeating the "conduct unbecoming" montra? Personnell issue? Hellooooo, where is my update phone call or something? Am also curious if a butt load of people showed up and if people were permitted to speak? Am pretty sure I don't have to ask if 'anyone' heard as it appears no one has been 'listening' for quite some time. Still have my fingers crossed, kinda getting finger cramps though.............still waiting??
newcouncilmember

A lot of people showed up in support of Greg. The borough council did alot of stumbling around and no truthful answers were given. The borough members need to keep going to these meetings and demanding that Greg get reinstated.
donhandsdaughter
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by donhandsdaughter »

I wanted to comment on "Beck" and "Jumper56"s mention of my dad, Don Hand. I am one of his daughters that live in California. My father was very proud of his service to the citizens of Tyrone when he was on the police force. It touched my heart and soul at his funeral to see his fellow officers lined up in the back of the chapel. He loved Tyrone as does Greg. I hate to see what he and the rest of his family is going through - my family. My Aunt Patty has kept me up to date and I have read all the comments. I have worked for the city where I live as the general ledger accountant. I have also been elected to serve on the city council and was honored to be chosen as it's Mayor. Believe me, cities can be and are corrupt and it takes action like what you are doing to get things back on track - that is why I ran for office. I know interal affairs investigations are "closed session" items, and they can be scewed to fit the "desired administrative conclusion". It happens all the time - the stories I could tell you about our police department would blow your minds! I know rumors run amuck and can destroy reputations, careers and lives. It is in Greg's best interest that the AG has stepped in and completed their own unbaised, objective, uncoerced investigation. DOJ took over and revamped our police department in the early 1990s, but over time things went bad again - it started at the top - it usually does! Finally we have a chief that really cares about our city and things are shaping up - citizens are beginning to trust our police department again!

I will keep up with the daily posts and hope and pray that all goes well for Greg, his family and fellow officers as well as the rest of my family and the citizens of Tyrone. I love visiting there and will be back again some day!
newcouncilmember

I just watched the news another slap in the face for the members of the borough. That just goes to show everyone that the borough and the council thinks that they can do whatever they want. JIM KILMARTIN had nothing to say at the council meeting but had a lot to say to WTAJ imagine that. I just hope that we can survive until we get BILL FINK as mayor. Dont forget to go to the next council meeting and demand that the private investigators report come out to the public. If they can discuss it in private chambers they can discuss it with us. I am starting to change my whole outlook on the whole situation we need to get rid of the borough soliciter LARRY CLAPPER. If everyone would call the ag and the DA and tell them why as a small town we are being screwed I would hope they would listen to us!!! It seeems funny to me that BEACHEM, DANAWAY, AND LEE OSWALT the other borough soliciter that we are paying for did not show up for the council meeting tonight. MAYBE THE PEOPLE COULD CALL THEIR OFFICES AND ASK THEM WHY THE COUNCILS DECISION WAS NOT OVERTURNED THEY MIGHT THINK ABOUT THEIR WRONG DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!
Rhoades

Post by Rhoades »

newcouncilmember, you are right! People need to continue to go to the council meetings and demand answers. Continue going until Greg Ray is on duty as a Tyrone Police Officer again. And if Jim Kilmartin feels that he made the right decision when he voted to fire Greg Ray, why was it that he could not look at the news camera when he was interviewed??? Doesn't look like a person who is confident with the decision he made. But that's just my opinion. And i agree with the comment about we love the chief and bill latchford not posting on here like they use to........what happened??
falconluvr
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by falconluvr »

you read my mind newcouncilmember about the investigators report being made public.....thats what im waiting to see!!..........i was very pleased with all the supporters who showed up at the meeting.......you have no idea how much greg appreciates it........and to donhandsdaughter.....i look forward to seeing you the next time you visit.......make sure you let aunt patty know
park21012

Post by park21012 »

After being at the Council meeting last night and listening to some of the statements that were given I have one question for Borough Council...How c an you say that this "investigation" was handled properly? How can you not want to look further into the Tyrone Police Dept. for their corrupt activities? YOUR Chief of Police and 2 other officers were threatening drug users into giving false statements against Greg Ray...and you better believe this is true. This is a small town and everybody talks..and we will all keep talking and we will all show up at every single Council meeting that you have until you give answers, investigate the Tyrone PD..and reinstate OFFICER Greg Ray!
mikkevkal144

Post by mikkevkal144 »

I couldn't agree more, Park21012... The manager from Choice, made a statement, that charges from January have yet to be filed, and the Manager from Sheetz has, had the same problem. What they did to Greg, is as degrating, as what they did to EVERY person who signed the petition to keep the windfarms out of Tyrone, see where that got us. We need to get a new Coucil and a new Mayor in there.. Primary elections are just months away and we need to keep all this B.S. thats been going on, fresh in every voters mind... Then maybe "WE" as the voters of this community, can make the changes we desperately need in Tyrone.
park21012

Post by park21012 »

mikkevkal144 wrote:I couldn't agree more, Park21012... The manager from Choice, made a statement, that charges from January have yet to be filed, and the Manager from Sheetz has, had the same problem. What they did to Greg, is as degrating, as what they did to EVERY person who signed the petition to keep the windfarms out of Tyrone, see where that got us. We need to get a new Coucil and a new Mayor in there.. Primary elections are just months away and we need to keep all this B.S. thats been going on, fresh in every voters mind... Then maybe "WE" as the voters of this community, can make the changes we desperately need in Tyrone.
Replying to the statement about Sheetz..It was Steve Ray (no relation to Greg) who stole from there..and the three ring circle jerk had him write a statement against Greg and he got off of his charges..his reputation is worth all the sh*t in the sewer plant..This is wrong..so wrong.
Im_lovin_it

Post by Im_lovin_it »

Hmmm, COINCIDENSE...I THINK NOT.... The Borough Manager, Sharon Dannaway, and Chief Joe Beachem provided the council with the recommendation to terminate Greg Ray, however, neither one of them were in attendance last evening to defend there recommendation... that's odd, don't ya think?? The look of each and every council persons face last evening was priceless, excluding Councilman Steve Hanzir, which cuddos to you for not riding the coat tails of the current sitting ducks...

as far as the windmill vote, I believe that Jim Kilmartin's "no" vote was just for show seeing as how the majority voted yes and he was last to give his vote, no need to give a statement as to why you voted the way you did, if thats what your "gut feeling" was then stand by your decision, I didn't hear anyone else give an explanation as to why they voted YES???
newcouncilmember

Danaway was told not to attend, im sure as was Beachem. They created all of this and dont have the guts to face the public and give a reason. As far as the voting of the council its all staged and decided before they even reach the public meeting. Since the council will not do anything for us its time to go to a higher power. By knowing the wrong the Chief is doing and his illegal activities the council members could also be brought up on criminal charges.