Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
mrwirtner
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Re: Tyrone PD - Police Department

Post by mrwirtner »

park21012 wrote:After being at the Council meeting last night and listening to some of the statements that were given I have one question for Borough Council...How c an you say that this "investigation" was handled properly? How can you not want to look further into the Tyrone Police Dept. for their corrupt activities? YOUR Chief of Police and 2 other officers were threatening drug users into giving false statements against Greg Ray...and you better believe this is true. This is a small town and everybody talks..and we will all keep talking and we will all show up at every single Council meeting that you have until you give answers, investigate the Tyrone PD..and reinstate OFFICER Greg Ray!

...I dont think your far off here...would it be too far off kilter to set up a contribution fund payed for by the townspeople to hire a private investigator to investigate the borough? maybe have a "take back tyrone" benefit dance or something. then when our investigation is finished the herald and mirror can plaster the town with it and see how many council members or police officers come out clean on the other side...just imagine the red faces at THAT borough meeting....the way i see it gregs name has been tarnished over the actions of the borough, is it not fair to hold the borough to the same scrutiny? to qutoe a book so loved by some members of the borough, "judge not, lest YE be judged"
jumper56

Post by jumper56 »

Seems odd that Beacham and Danaway did not attend. I mean, they are in 'command, control' are they not? Who would have the 'authority' to dare tell them not to come to a Coucil meeting. She sits on the Council, who can 'tell' her not to attend. BS I say!! They were both too chicken @%*% to appear. Now that their a*@%&s appear to be in the wringer, just wait to see whom they try to pull down with them. I love Federal Court, no holds barred, my favorite. Wouldn't everyone that made negative 'statements' against Greg Ray be put on the stand to corroborate these 'statements'? So what is the prison sentence for perjury in PA these days?? Just wondering!!
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

mikkevkal144 wrote:I couldn't agree more, Park21012... The manager from Choice, made a statement, that charges from January have yet to be filed, and the Manager from Sheetz has, had the same problem. What they did to Greg, is as degrating, as what they did to EVERY person who signed the petition to keep the windfarms out of Tyrone, see where that got us. We need to get a new Coucil and a new Mayor in there.. Primary elections are just months away and we need to keep all this B.S. thats been going on, fresh in every voters mind... Then maybe "WE" as the voters of this community, can make the changes we desperately need in Tyrone.
I posted this in the windfarm thread but I feel the need to post it here as well since it has been mentioned in this thread.....please understand my frustration and where it is coming from.....

Oh boy... Im going to peeve some people but I can't sit on my fingers forever. Save Ice Mountain has been trying to reach out to Tyrone Citizens for nearly 2 yrs to educate and alert them to what was coming down the road. Sadly...only a handful of Tyrone citizens stepped up to the plate in an effort to save YOUR mountain.

There was a petition which garnered 1500 signatures AGAINST this project, but your council decided to ignore that petition and instead held an INFORMAL POLL of their own. They along with some high school students manned tables at the Democratic Primary voting booths and 55% of the voters who turned out voted in favor of the project. THE MEDIA in nearly every article or report given to the general public....turned that 55% into 55% OF THE TOWN being in favor. TOTAL AND COMPLETE FALLACY.

( note: In the actual election 61% voted for McCain as opposed to 37% voting for Obama in Blair County ...makes one wonder if the vote for the windfarm would have included the majority of republicans in Tyrone if it would have changed the outcome )

Anyway... I find it sad that people that live outside of the Tyrone Borough were more concerned about property owned by Tyrone than the Tyrone citizens themselves.

What is happening down there with your police force is unfortunate, but at least TYRONE has come alive and is banding together to SUPPORT SOMETHING. I just wish there would have been as much interest shown in your Mountain which has been designated as a Blair County Natural Heritage Area of Exceptional Conservation Value.

Now, a Spanish-based company has been given the go-ahead to come in and desecrate that mountain...

SO VERY SAD.
Last edited by Something to say on Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tapout9947

Post by Tapout9947 »

I believe that Jim K.'s vote last night on the windmill was strictly too prove that he isnt Stoners B**CH..He probably already knew who was voting for and who was against. It was too make him look like he could think on his own. As for the Greg Ray rally last night..it was great..didnt think you could get that many Tyrone people in the same place , in a cause other than Football..As for the council last night, telling me that they couldnt report on why Greg was fired cause as "his employer" they couldnt..Just like if i was fired from my job my employer couldnt go public with why..But the last time I checked Tyrone people dont pay me for my job..We do pay for all those officers and officials though..Therefore we are there employer..I hope everyone that went last night goes next meeting and tells there friends too come join..We need to keep doing it till someone changes all the wrongdoing to Greg , Jess and Matt..And till they investigate Beachem..A proud member of TEAM RAY
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

Totally agree we need to go to every meeting tell all your friends your family members and announce it in the newspaper every time before the meeting. If we go to every meeting Danaway and Beachem cant hide. I want those two held accountable for their actions. As for hiring a private investigator the borough would just say the findings arent true we need the AG involved. They can do something about this. If CLAPPER had any kind of intelligence he would know what he was doing was illegal. They think this is all over its just beginning. At what point last night Kilmartin did the council decide they were going to stand behind the crime of terminating Greg. As we stood there and prayed I could only think what A joke this is. They are far from being christian.
mrwirtner

Post by mrwirtner »

Tapout9947 wrote:I hope everyone that went last night goes next meeting and tells there friends too come join..We need to keep doing it till someone changes all the wrongdoing to Greg , Jess and Matt..And till they investigate Beachem..A proud member of TEAM RAY
newcouncilmember wrote:Totally agree we need to go to every meeting tell all your friends your family members and announce it in the newspaper every time before the meeting. If we go to every meeting Danaway and Beachem cant hide. I want those two held accountable for their actions. As for hiring a private investigator the borough would just say the findings arent true we need the AG involved. They can do something about this. If CLAPPER had any kind of intelligence he would know what he was doing was illegal. They think this is all over its just beginning. At what point last night Kilmartin did the council decide they were going to stand behind the crime of terminating Greg. As we stood there and prayed I could only think what A joke this is. They are far from being christian.

i agree with you 100% the people of tyrone need to hold these people accountable for their actions. and a one meeting rally wont cut it. every meeting should be a rerun of last night if not bigger to get the point across. The way i see it, guilty or not, gregs reputation has a scar, and to simply vote these people out of office without an official investigation is like sweeping it under the rug. their reputation suffers no more or no less. to not continue pushing the issue and attending meetings is like saying "oh well we tried". and in my opinion a grave injustice to greg and this town.
park21012

Post by park21012 »

.....Something that was said last night just has bugged me all day thinking about it..and for those of you that were there last night correct me if Im wrong please. A Gentleman stood up last night and addressed the Council..he said that his daughter and grand daughter live in Pittsburgh. He said that Officer Franks and the Chief of Police drove to Pittsburgh to their home. They were posing as State Constables and wanted information on Greg Ray. He said that his daughter and grand daughter told them to "hit the road" and said nothing about Greg Ray..because they had nothing bad to say...Soooo my questions are... If the Borough Council gave the OK to hire a PI..why were the Chief and Franks out doing their own?? And exactly how much of the taxpayers money went into thier travels?? Im sure there was more then just this one...and isnt it illegal to "pose" as a Constable..Police Officer or not?? How far are you going to let this go Council?? Investigate your Tyrone Police Department. You can not ignore the Facts!
newcouncilmember

Just read the Daily Herald the quote from Kilmartin states that there is some clean-up that needs to be done within the police department. I just want to tell Kilmartin the FOUR he should be focusing on is FRANKS, LUTZ, BEACHEM, AND DANAWAY. We need to get them out of there before they cost borough residents more money. Yes park it is illegal for a police officer to pose as a constable. Those two are now giving the constables of Blair county a black eye. I can see how the money from the windmills is going to be spent. BAILING US ALL OUT. This has gone on for too long without the justice being served. They were put in these positions to look out for borough residents . DO THE RIGHT THING FOR A CHANGE KILMARTIN!!!!!
MudzsmyName

Post by MudzsmyName »

I totally agree that everyone that was at the council meeting needs to be at every meeting. I still can't get the image out of my head of Lutz standing in the corner of the meeting his face as RED as beet all night, because he knows that all of this corruption he played a very major role in. That is right Joe Beecham the people of this town are not stupid and they know just what you and your golden boys are up to. I cannot believe that Larry Clapper insulted the people of this towns intelligience by saying that the AGs' report didn't matter and they did not really want to go that route, that is why they hired the private investigators. NO CLAPPER I will tell you why you hired the private investigators! The AGs' report wasn't going your way, because they won't invent corruption when it is not there!! So the town CLOWN COUNCIL decided that they would make a circus out of this town and hire there own clowns to do the dirty work for them. Well this time you got more than you bargained for because the BIG TOP is about to fall and the COUNCIL CLOWNS and the BAMBOO Chief with his Little Golden Monkeys (LUTZ,&FRANKS) will all be under it when it comes crashing down, but when they look up all they are going to see is that BIG SMILE ON GREG RAYS FACE as he is pulling the ropes to make it collapse around them!!

I also feel that as a town we need to form a committee and all band together to make a trip to the District Attorneys office or have him meet us to discuss the corruption that Joe,Matt Lutz,and Franks have taken part in and make sure that they are held accountable and brought up on charges for all the crimes that they have committed throughout this whole Circus!!! I SUPPORT GREG RAY 150%
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

Rhoades wrote:newcouncilmember, you are right! People need to continue to go to the council meetings and demand answers. Continue going until Greg Ray is on duty as a Tyrone Police Officer again. And if Jim Kilmartin feels that he made the right decision when he voted to fire Greg Ray, why was it that he could not look at the news camera when he was interviewed??? Doesn't look like a person who is confident with the decision he made. But that's just my opinion. And i agree with the comment about we love the chief and bill latchford not posting on here like they use to........what happened??
Rhoades... would you or someone please elaberate more on the above comment that was made, ie., "we love the chief and bill latchford not posting on here like they used to..... what happened ??" What was this all about ?? Is he no longer allowed to post on here?? Was he told to cut back or what ?? Was this something that was brought up during the meeting ?? Thanks.
newcouncilmember

I think if u look at the beginning of this thread it was all about Gregs drug use and the report of the AG. Since the report came out Latchford and the supporters of the chief have not commented about the release of the report. MUDZMYNAME I beleive if someone will call the DA the borough residents would be more than willing to sit down with him and tell him of the corrupt activities going on in this town. I can see it now BOROUGH COUNCIL, LUTZ, FRANKS, BEACHEM, DANAWAY, KILMARTIN, AND CLAPPER all being led out of the borough building in cuffs. I just hope that Greg Ray will be the arresting officer. BIG STORY FOR THE NEWS MEDIA!!!!!!!
My2Cents
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by My2Cents »

Thanks, I understand now.
Christy

Post by Christy »

This current sitting Borough Council, with the exception of Steve Hanzir, is incapable of telling the truth! The Borough Solicitor, Larry Clapper, who receives a huge........and I do mean huge stipend from the Borough of Tyrone has the gull to state in the paper and on record that the "allegations from the AG's Office were unfounded and that does not mean Greg was innocent". OMG..................did he get his law degree out of a bubble gum machine? Apparently he needs to pull out a Webster's Dictionary. Obviously the Borough is in dire need of a new law firm to serve as Borough Solicitor. Goldstein, Heslop, Steele, Clapper & Oswalt have been riding the "gravey train" for entirely to long. I guess we need a change in that department also. All I have to say is that Borough Council has never really gotten the entire story from Greg and I really don't think they are interested in hearing it. Well they had better fasten their seatbelts, as the ride is about to get extremely bumpy! Council and their Solicitor can say all they want about the private investigation not having anything to do with the Attorney General's investigation and that there is different standards in the investigation. Look..........you need to go sell crazy someplace else, cause we're all stocked up in this town. Oh, and the only reason Mayor (term used loosely) voted no for the wind farms is so he would look good in his re-election campaign. This was also all pre-planned I'm sure. Don't allow them to lead you to believe otherwise.
falconluvr

Post by falconluvr »

hey bill, if you are so informed about the requirments pertaining to the canine unit then why werent you aware of the failures to fulfill the requirments needed to acquire said canine unit i.e. the officer is supposed to live in the borough, in a home, with a fenced in yard? these are just a few of the requirements that were not met........do you suppose the chief lied to acquire this canine?
park21012

Post by park21012 »

falconluvr wrote:hey bill, if you are so informed about the requirments pertaining to the canine unit then why werent you aware of the failures to fulfill the requirments needed to acquire said canine unit i.e. the officer is supposed to live in the borough, in a home, with a fenced in yard? these are just a few of the requirements that were not met........do you suppose the chief lied to acquire this canine?
It won't matter anyway..Council will just lie or try to cover it up..instead of mopping up their mistakes like they should be doing. Oh and I called the DA's office this morning..I encourage all of you to do the same!!