Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Re: Tyrone PD - Police Department

Post by Bill Latchford »

falconluvr wrote:hey bill, if you are so informed about the requirments pertaining to the canine unit then why werent you aware of the failures to fulfill the requirments needed to acquire said canine unit i.e. the officer is supposed to live in the borough, in a home, with a fenced in yard? these are just a few of the requirements that were not met........do you suppose the chief lied to acquire this canine?
Keep in mind "Informed" does not mean "Expert" While I have been on Council I have not tried to micro manage any portion of the Borough, I personally do not believe that is the job of a Council Member. In any case with the issues of requirements for the canine unit, I relied on the Chief and our Borough Manager and our Solicitor to keep us up to date on requirements. If you have the requirements from the grant we received from "Operation Our Town" I would be happy to look at them. To me, going over the requirements, when there are 3 people in charge of that procedure is micro managing. They are paid to handle those tasks. I, for one, expect our management to keep us on the right path. I personally have not been given a reason to doubt their abilities to do that.
Navy CPO

Post by Navy CPO »

Responsibility. Accountability. Authority. As elected officials, they are responsible for the effective and efficient operation of their office. You can never delegate your entire level of responsibility to subordinates; however, each subordinate will be accountable for his/her level of responsibility. Accountability refers to the obligation of an individual to render an account of the proper discharge of his/her responsibilities. You have a duty to hold your subordinates accountable and to initiate appropriate corrective, administrative, disciplinary, or judicial action when individuals fail to meet their responsibilities.

Charles Miller Jr.
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

That is the problem Bill you and the other concil members relied on the chief and Danaway and that"s why we are in the position that we are in. I think its time to wake up you have a town thats very close to a riot. I am also sorry to inform you that the council meetings from now on will be like the last. Bill as a member of council have you ever sat down and talked with Greg, Jessica, Matt Plummer, Billy, or Dustin. That is your duty as A council member you should work for the better of this town. By listening to Beachem and Danaway your only getting one side of the story. This is far from over and Trust me Danaway and Beachem are hiding alot of dirty laundry. This is what I would like you to do Bill go out and talk to the people in the public ask them what they want dont just fire a man because he says the word lawsuit. By the way how many does this make for Danaway as borough manager. One more thing when you are out be sure to stop in and speak to the manager of SHEETZ AND CHOICE I'm sure they will open your eyes up.
mikkevkal144

Post by mikkevkal144 »

by bossman » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:27 am

The NUMBER 814-693-3010 call everyday and 5 times a day until something is DONE. NOTE!! you dont have to give them your name

Hey Bossman, just thought this should be posted in this thread too....
Rhoades

Post by Rhoades »

Question for you Bill, are you saying that Sharon Dannaway and Joe Beacham are the only two that knew what the requiremants for the canine were? No one else on council knew of these requirements or questioned what they were? That's the problem with council, everyone just follows Sharon and Joe! As a taxpayer and concerned member of this community, when questions like these are asked why are there no answers? I know i sick and tired of hearing "it's a personnel issue"! If council, Sharon Dannaway, Joe Beacham, and Jim Kilmartin aren't going to answer the questions of the taxpayers, then stop spending our money on "personnel issues". People want answers and one way or another we WILL get them! I will be calling the DA's office until these issues are resolved and Greg Ray is back to work.

Jennifer Rhoades
Concerned citizen and taxpayer!
:guns:
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

These Managers / Supervisors / and Chief are all paid to run their departments. It is important for Council not to interfere with that unless a problem is brought up. You will always spend money on personnel issues. If there is a union involved you will spend money. I can not speak for the rest of Council on who knew or did not know all the requirements for the canine unit. I trust those we put in charge of these situations to handle these issues. That is what they get paid for. In regards to your "People want answers" comment, If I recall Attorney Clapper did mention that Greg requested a copy of the report and he can make it as public as he wants. So when he gets it please ask him if you can look at it.
Christy

Post by Christy »

Bill, there were issues raised months ago and Council ignored them, hence the situation that at hand. It is ironic that you mention that the Borough is gong to spend money on personnel issues as long as a union is involved. Now the truth is coming out, the Borough wants rid of the Union and that is exactly what is happening, the Borough is trying to break the Union. Yes, the Union has requested a copy of the private investigators report. What you are failing to mention is how it is full of lies and coercion. Lets wait and see how it compares to the facts. You just got the tip of the iceberg at the last council meeting. You all try to exclude the AG's report, all of you need to get out a dictionary and look up the word "unfounded". You all act that there is something drastically new in the private investigators report. Greg has been telling everyone for months what the allegations are. They are lies and unsubstantiated allegations. Lets see, one coucil person said that they voted to terminate just off off the recommendation of Dannaway and the Chief. Hmmmm, apparently that council person neglected to perform their sworn obligation. Oh, and another said well if Greg did these things, he should have been fired 10 years ago. They key word in that sentence Billy boy is IF! That means that council person must have not seen any evidence but just mere allegations. It is not going to hold up and I hope that you are ready to answer, because you certainly are going to have to. And I might add that because all of you, with the exception of Steve Hanzir because he voted no, and Pat Stoner because she was absent, are going to be personally libel for Greg's termination and for defamation along with numerous other claims that will be filed in Federal Court. You people are pathetic and make me want to puke!
bossman
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by bossman »

Christy wrote:Bill, there were issues raised months ago and Council ignored them, hence the situation that at hand. It is ironic that you mention that the Borough is gong to spend money on personnel issues as long as a union is involved. Now the truth is coming out, the Borough wants rid of the Union and that is exactly what is happening, the Borough is trying to break the Union. Yes, the Union has requested a copy of the private investigators report. What you are failing to mention is how it is full of lies and coercion. Lets wait and see how it compares to the facts. You just got the tip of the iceberg at the last council meeting. You all try to exclude the AG's report, all of you need to get out a dictionary and look up the word "unfounded". You all act that there is something drastically new in the private investigators report. Greg has been telling everyone for months what the allegations are. They are lies and unsubstantiated allegations. Lets see, one coucil person said that they voted to terminate just off off the recommendation of Dannaway and the Chief. Hmmmm, apparently that council person neglected to perform their sworn obligation. Oh, and another said well if Greg did these things, he should have been fired 10 years ago. They key word in that sentence Billy boy is IF! That means that council person must have not seen any evidence but just mere allegations. It is not going to hold up and I hope that you are ready to answer, because you certainly are going to have to. And I might add that because all of you, with the exception of Steve Hanzir because he voted no, and Pat Stoner because she was absent, are going to be personally libel for Greg's termination and for defamation along with numerous other claims that will be filed in Federal Court. You people are pathetic and make me want to puke!
Well said Christy :bluebounce:
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

Christy wrote:It is ironic that you mention that the Borough is gong to spend money on personnel issues as long as a union is involved. Now the truth is coming out, the Borough wants rid of the Union and that is exactly what is happening, the Borough is trying to break the Union.
Where in the world do you get the Borough wants rid of Unions by my comment? That is about as far out in left field as you can get. For one I, on my own, can not speak for the Borough. Secondly, it is a known fact that Unions are there to get benefits and such for the Rank and File, so you are always going to have to spend money when it comes down to negotiations, or arbitrations or grievances....Not sure where the new news is here. This is the exact reason that I do not post much to certain issues on here. I was asked a pointed question about the K-9 issue and here you go moving it towards a Greg issue...such a shame....The Thread title here is Tyrone PD - Police Department. I will respond to certain things in here, but none about Greg, since there is no way it will remain civil. A few had asked where I was, and I thought I would respond to non Greg issues and also thought it would be nice to let those wondering where I was that I am not ignoring them. I am one that has made himself very accessible through this board for pretty much any issue that someone would like to throw at me. I will not however make any direct comments about Greg. Sorry but I know some will understand that.
park21012

Post by park21012 »

Bill Latchford wrote:
Christy wrote:It is ironic that you mention that the Borough is gong to spend money on personnel issues as long as a union is involved. Now the truth is coming out, the Borough wants rid of the Union and that is exactly what is happening, the Borough is trying to break the Union.
Where in the world do you get the Borough wants rid of Unions by my comment? That is about as far out in left field as you can get. For one I, on my own, can not speak for the Borough. Secondly, it is a known fact that Unions are there to get benefits and such for the Rank and File, so you are always going to have to spend money when it comes down to negotiations, or arbitrations or grievances....Not sure where the new news is here. This is the exact reason that I do not post much to certain issues on here. I was asked a pointed question about the K-9 issue and here you go moving it towards a Greg issue...such a shame....The Thread title here is Tyrone PD - Police Department. I will respond to certain things in here, but none about Greg, since there is no way it will remain civil. A few had asked where I was, and I thought I would respond to non Greg issues and also thought it would be nice to let those wondering where I was that I am not ignoring them. I am one that has made himself very accessible through this board for pretty much any issue that someone would like to throw at me. I will not however make any direct comments about Greg. Sorry but I know some will understand that.

Mr. Latchford..I for one will say that you are barking up the wrong tree..people on here arent asking where you are because they "miss you"..but to only call you out.. For you are one of the ones who has made this a "Greg" issue as you say. And...yes this is the Tyrone PD Thread..well guess what..Greg Ray was part of the Tyrone PD until you and the rest of Council made a very wrong move and now you are having to deal with alot of questions that I dont think any of you know how to answer. So being said on the TYRONE PD Thread..INVESTIGATE your POLICE DEPT..you have major major corruption going on...and I would start with your K-9 officer MATT LUTZ.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

park21012 wrote:Mr. Latchford..I for one will say that you are barking up the wrong tree..people on here arent asking where you are because they "miss you"
No where did I say anyone was missing me...ask the "Wind Turbine" thread people...Not missing me...I wanted people to know I am not ignoring them. Take that for what it is. I do not ignore people, except when they are being irrational and then nothing really gets done but arguing. These forums are public and some come here to voice their concerns and there is nothing wrong with that. Some have certain questions that I am able to answer and then some have questions I am not at liberty to answer. If I can help I do. I really believe there is nothing wrong with making one's self accessible to those who request it if possible. If you do not want to hear from me don't direct a question or comment towards me. "Calling Me Out", as you have put it, is not going to net you the answers on this particular subject as it has been pointed out so many times.
newcouncilmember

Bill if u have not realized people are pretty passionate about this subject. After the council meeting I watched the evening news and after all of the crap that OFFICER RAY was put through his wife said he just wants to be back on the force. That shows what kind of person greg is. It has been heard around town Beachem has said he is not hiding behind no union so dont say this is not a union issue. One more thing Bill I hope when this all comes down and the proper authorities find out that you knew and you go to jail maybe Lutz will let you borrow VIOLET.
newcouncilmember

Bill do you think the citizens are lying to you when they tell you about the corrupt activities going on in this town. Do we need to bring the people who were offered these deals to a council meeting. It is no secret who was offered deals because they are running around town boasting how they are getting off their charges. We can all thank BEACHEM for that one. Can you tell me if someone is looking into this subject. The man who stood up and basically said his daughter and granddaughter were approached by two officers posing as constables and harassed. Why arent you looking into those type of allegations. Again you and council are taking the word of Danaway and Beachem. The man who stood up, dont you have pretty close ties with him(your brother married to his daughter) go ask him what happened im sure he would be more than willing to tell you. THAT IS THE KIND OF CRAP GOING ON IN THIS TOWN AND YOU SAY THE INVESTIGATORS REPORT WAS UNBIASED. WHAT A JOKE.
Bill Latchford
MVP Member

Post by Bill Latchford »

newcouncilmember wrote:Bill if u have not realized people are pretty passionate about this subject. After the council meeting I watched the evening news and after all of the crap that OFFICER RAY was put through his wife said he just wants to be back on the force. That shows what kind of person greg is. It has been heard around town Beachem has said he is not hiding behind no union so dont say this is not a union issue. One more thing Bill I hope when this all comes down and the proper authorities find out that you knew and you go to jail maybe Lutz will let you borrow VIOLET.
Absolutely No One, Including myself, would ever deny the passion about this situation. Can you please tell me what this means? "It has been heard around town Beachem has said he is not hiding behind no union so dont say this is not a union issue." The Chief of Police is not represented by any Unions. And as much as I hate to ask this question, but, What am I supposed to know that is going to send me to jail?
newcouncilmember

Think about the illegal doings of Beachem and you know about.