Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
Beck

Re: Tyrone PD - Police Department

Post by Beck »

Has the council heard of the word "accountability".. isn't this council accountable to the community...? We want some answers...
TGEagles2000
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by TGEagles2000 »

I've read everything everyone has wrote and I know first hand that Greg & his wife are very touched a million times over. I was one who never really kept up with all the rumors and bs in Tyrone. Now I find myself listening to it all because of how Greg and Christy have touched my life in so many ways. I just can't come to terms with the fact that Greg has been fired. I've known him since I was a little kid and he used to hang out at my parents house and play with my cousins when they were all teenagers, and as a matter a fact he still hangs out at my parents house to this day. I'm not going to say on here out of true respect for my parents as to who they are but, anyone that knows them knows they would never let a known "Drug Dealer" into their home and none the less, I wouldn't be hanging out with them either. It's just a freakin sad thing that the he said/she said BS can really screw up a persons life. SO many times I've sat back and wondered if "THEY" can do this to an outstanding officer that has served "HIS TOWN" for 18 years I wonder what they want to do to the rest of us? We all know that we are a low in-come town and the thoughts of the Borough just wasting away My Hard Earned Money really makes Me sick to no end! How dair they say that ONLY TAX PAYERS can talk and you are only aloud 5 minutes to speak! I believe that we as TAX PAYERS need to step up and demand a monthly or a quartly EXPENSE report. I want to know where my money is going, I guess you could say it's an OBAMA thing & it's a darn good Idea if I must say so myself. Being that we are the ones paying YOU USELESS PEOPLE to represent US!

To Greg and Christy if you are on here reading this: You know who I am & the Caption has spoken so after all this is said and done ---Edited for content--- Always love for you two always!
:jester:
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

I know this topic is very close to many of you, and I am asking that it be kept a civil discussion. I know many of the long-time members are aware of my lack of tolerance for insulting remarks, so I ask that all members, both old and new, please review our forum rules here...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=439

Thank you.

-Rick
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

:w Rick

:wall: Is it safe to come out yet?

:lol:
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

Of course :thumb:
Thank you
Something to say
MVP Member

People..... Rick directed us to the rules of the forum.....we have to abide by those rules, but that doesn't mean we can't continue to discuss what's going on......does it Rick?
Rick
Administrator

Post by Rick »

Not at all. I am only asking to refrain from profanity, name calling, and generally insulting comments.
Thank you
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

After reading the last few posts i am sure that some of us may have had to step back and take a look at what we were writing. With that being said I have got to hand it to the people who are not supporting the windmills how have you done it for two years. Myself I am sick of the constant lies by the council members after just A few months. We should be able to trust the council members to look out for the good people of Tyrone. I for one, and I am sorry to say never had the chance to vote yes or no for the windmills. Nor did I have any input on the subject of Greg Ray's UNLAWFUL TERMINATION. I will say I do plan to make up for it and attend the Snyder Township meeting as I hope others who support this thread will do. We need to stick together to Keep out the windmills and REINSTATE GREG RAY.
Something to say
MVP Member

Thank You. Your support will be greatly appreciated. We have been extremely frustrated by the lack of support at the meetings.....Very few Tyronians stepped up to the plate and SPOKE out against the windplant publicly...even though they didn't want it. I don't know why....some folks probably trusted council to take care of it for them. Some don't like speaking in public. Some thought they did their duty by signing the petition. SOME WERE NOT AWARE. One thing I know for certain though is this....... MANY people in Tyrone do NOT want that windplant.

I encourage all of you to read the Save Ice Mountain thread. There has been much info provided by people that are not on Gamesa's payroll. Pay special attention if you will.....to Sandstone, Ice Man, and Salaman's posts. They have provided us with information that should have spoken volumes to council, but didn't.

If you attend the Snyder Twnshp meeting......make it known that you want the ordinance that is already in place...which will protect your mountain.......to remain the way it is.

Thank you....and.....Good Luck..... we've all been paying very close attn to this thread. It's not going unnoticed.
newcouncilmember

I dont want the supporters of Greg Ray to quit. We cannot stop the fight take a page out of the windmill thread. STAND UP AND FIGHT! Lets show them we are not afraid.
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

We are....Tyrone!! :thumb:
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

I sure hope that everyone has not given up on the matter at hand!!!! We cannot let this die out. We have to keep it going and keep it fresh on everyones mind so that Justice get served. Is Everyone calling the DA everyday 5x a day to make sure that the Chief and his golden monkeys get what they deserve. Also the borough council needs reminded at every meeting just how WRONG they were for firing Greg Ray. The Baboom Chief and the Borough manager cannot hide from every meeting they will have to face the public at some point and time. We are team Greg Ray and we need to stick together and take matters into our own hands to make sure that the necessary changes take place! :thumb:
My2Cents
MVP Member

Post by My2Cents »

newcouncilmember wrote:I dont want the supporters of Greg Ray to quit. We cannot stop the fight take a page out of the windmill thread. STAND UP AND FIGHT! Lets show them we are not afraid.
"newcouncilmember"... It is my belief that this whole "mess" should be a rude awakening for us all. What this all boils down to is having the proper knowledge of the facts and understanding them BEFORE an accusation, judgement, or vote is cast. Rumors and false innuendoes tend to run askew, in turn, causing disarray and confusion for all. The whole truth and nothing but the truth straight from the horses mouth is what is needed here in both cases. Only then should one be allowed to cast judgement or a vote.
Typical example; We had very educated, well informed individuals, trying to help our town in saving Ice Mountain. Very, very, few payed attention... why, because they can't be bothered they figure, and say, Oh "they" will do what "they" want to anyway. Yep, no doubt about it, "they" did what "they" wanted to anyway. Why, because very few from our community took the time to understand and aquire some knowledge as to what is happening here. All most people saw was the money end of it and they went no further to find out what the "catches" were. I am not going into all the so many things that people should have been aware of, and should have spoken out against, as far as these turbines are concerned. If people care about our town, Mother Nature, and all that is involved here they should read the wind mill forum on this site from beginning to end.... the information posted on there by common sensed individuals, by well educated individuals, by people who have experienced the end results of these things going up in their area, by people who care about our beautiful landscape, Mother Nature and all that fly above and live with-in, our pristine watershed,etc.... these are all die-hard proven facts and very few paid attention, tried to understand or tried to become at least somewhat knowledgeable.... and because of rumor, innuendoes, and greed for money, (mind you our tax dollars ARE and will pay for these things), a yes vote was cast. Look at that mountain behind the new mall in Altoona.... take a good look...(one example, behind Boscov's) is that what we want Ice Mountain to become ??? Mind you, once the farm is built, it will be sold , we, the community of Tyrone PA, will be required to pay for future fixins' and clean up once they are outa' here.
Same scenerio as far as Greg is concerned !!! We need the truth, nothing but the truth. The proven facts from the horses mouth, not rumors or innuendoes. We need knowledge of the facts and we need to understand what all of this means. Then, and only then can we judge or cast a correct decision or vote. I cannot comment on Gregg because I don't know what is going on here... I am only hearing the rumors and innuendoes.... I need the facts before I cast a judgement or a vote. I can, however, comment... I don't know him, I know of him. First impressions, and what little bit I have seen and heard..... I must say, he is a kind, gentle, individual and does not outwordly portray any of those innuendos being passed around. IF he did something wrong, I will be shocked and totally disappointed. First and foremost... get the facts and understand them completely before bashing anyone.
The above is why we all need each other when it comes to our hometown and it's well being !!! There are things that should not be and we need to let those "in charge" know of this so that they too will have more knowledge and understanding before casting a vote or making a decision that will effect us all. Before turbines knocked at our door, life was going on as usual... turbines knocked and the person answering fell for the clean energy speech along with the "money" and the propaganda scenerio and told them to come on in. It is understandable they did not realize or know what they were getting into back then. If everyone would have listened, aquired the knowledge, and put their common sense to work and voiced their opinion... that knock would not have gone as far as it did.... it would have been stopped in it's tracks. Please don't get us wrong... we are NOT against wind turbines..... we are against them being placed on Ice Mountain or anywhere else around our hometown.
We, have the right to speak up for something we believe in. If it is the truth and nothing but the truth as far as info and facts go... then, others need to hear... others need your knowledge in order to make a decision or give you an answer. You may not like the decision or answer... but, you can be happy in knowing that ALL was carried out properly and the decision made was accurately and with full knowledge of the facts.
The power of the people can be very humbleing... think of it, we have the power to sell a mountain and the power to ruin someone's reputation forever. Very, very, sad indeed !!! Get the facts people... aquire the knowledge... and voice your opinions, not your fists. The truth will prevail.
donhandsdaughter

Post by donhandsdaughter »

I live in California, have worked for my city (accountant 10 years) and have also served as a City Council member and then as Mayor of my city. I was very proud to serve my community. Public service is one job you can hate and love at the same time. It is stressful and your family suffers. But, if you love where you live and the people you represent, the rewards are unmeasurable.

I have knowledge of personnel issues - specifically about public safety departments. I have a couple of questions for all of you - including the councilmember who has posted on this site:
1 - Are your police officers represented by a union?
2 - If they are, are you aware of the "Police Officer's Bill of Rights"?
3 - Do you know about "Skully Hearings"?

Once a police office is terminated - either with or without cause - they are entitled to a "Skully Hearing" - at least they are in California. The hearing can be either public or private - the choice is up to the officer. Anyone and everyone who has "verifiable evidence" can testify at a public hearing. The hearing is open to the public, which means the whole community (Borough in your case) can attend. Sometimes it is "uncomfortable" for parties involved - both the council, employee, and community. But, it is an opportunity for the truth to be told. Hearsay, inuendo, gossip are not allowed - everything has to be a proven fact.

I realize you are under an AG investigation. I would hope that if your state acknowledges a "Skully Hearing" that the AG report would be made public at that time.

Greg is my cousin. I adhore what is happening to him and his family. My father (born and raised in Tyrone) served on the Tyrone Police Department for many years and he loved Tyrone more than you can possibly know. He reminds me of Archie Bunker - spoke his mind and you listened - whether you agreed with him or not - you listened, but he was an honest cop - just like Greg.

I pray for all of you . I read all of the posts several times a day and will respond when and if I think my information will help you.
newcouncilmember

Just one question Bill when the information was passed on to the council did any of you think about checking the source. THATS WHERE YOU NEED TO BE LOOKING BEFORE IT HAPPENS AGAIN.