Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
mikkevkal144

Re: Tyrone PD - Police Department

Post by mikkevkal144 »

If you haven't yet,,,Go to Altoonamirror.com and click on "for the record" Read all that transpired to get Greg to this point.... ITS TOTALLY AMAZING... WE ONLY HAVE 2 MONTHS TILL THE PRIMARY ELECTION.....WE NEED AN ENTIRE NEW COUNCIL AND MAYOR... LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD ON ELECTION DAY..... To Greg and his Family....The very best to all of you..may God bless you all.....
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

If you read the Altoona Mirror and saw the fact that all of these people are being sued personally I certainly hope that the towns people are not paying for their lawyers. Greg has to pay for his own so should those being sued personally.
Rick
Administrator
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by Rick »

I don't want to lock this thread, I think it is crucial to have a discussion about our local events. The tone of this thread has once again turned ugly, and I will begin using temporary banning and account termination if the topic does not remain civil. If you have strong personal beliefs on either side of this topic, that is your right. Venting them here is not.
New to the boards? Welcome aboard, and please be sure to read the rules.
Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Questions area too!
Thank you
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

Just one thing I would like to say after reading the Daily Herald it looks to me that Greg has all of his ducks in a row. Rick I think most people are trying to keep their emotions in tact but it is very hard when it is so close to so many of the town citizen's hearts. It is hard to not speak your mind when your talking about someones personal life. I hope you dont shut this thread down and I and hopefully others will keep this as civil as possible. Sorry Rick and THANK YOU KRIS YANIELLO.
donhandsdaughter

Post by donhandsdaughter »

Thank you, Rick, for bringing this blog under control. We know all of you are upset about the events that have happened and the length of time it takes to resolve this situation. It is very frustrating to say the least!! But, I would caution each of you that what you say on here is not private. It is very public. There are certain "ethical standards" that all public officials must follow. I feel that you, the non-elected public (taxpayers), should also be aware of these standards. Any comments you make could be construed as slander, defamation, false accusations, unfounded rumors, etc. This would not do Greg, his family and fellow officers any good. In fact, you may be harming his case. If required, you could be hauled into court and required to testify, under oath, as to the truthfulness of your accusations and public comments. This leads to the possibility of you also losing your assets through defamation lawsuits. Please be very careful about what you present on this blog. I could cost you dearly. I would almost bet that everything that has been "vented" on this blog will somehow appear at any appeal the Borough makes. I would also caution the Borough, and those named individually in Greg's lawsuit, that if these entries result in you pursuing further harassment against Greg that his solicitor could make additional cause for even more damages against the Borough and every one of you. My Dad always said, "Right is right and wrong is wrong". I heard this for many years growing up and it still holds true today. Don't give up the fight because "RIGHT" will win in the end!
Mossbo

Post by Mossbo »

Well now were to begin! 1st if this isn't union busting I don't know what is. I myself was a member of a union for many years. I am appalled at the fact that the AFL-CIO did not step in at the step of "Employee being placed on administrative leave" and stop it then. I just HOPE the residents of TYRONE remember this come election time and vote the entire council out when their term is up. The borough of Tyrone will pay for this long after Officer Ray has been reinstated through raised taxes. Just remember these are your council persons hard at work spending your tax dollars on private investigators to try to justify their delusions when the AIG could not. These are your tax dollars supporting a corrupt police force that would trade criminals, false statements and then place those statements against an officer who from what evidence I've seen did nothing more than ensure that his Union Contract was followed. The job of a local Union Representative is to ensure the contract that was AGREED upon between the union and in this case THE BOROUGH OF TYRONE is upheld. I'm sure that Officer Ray took the same pride in conducting this job as he did his Police Officer Position. AS I SAID EARLIER TYRONE RESIDENTS REMEMBER THIS COME ELECTION TIME!
Mossbo

Post by Mossbo »

The person this is directed to will know who he is and might want to find another office to run for! One that will ensure an income for life.The Governor has a hotline that concerns wasting State revenue that includes State Employee's who find the time to blog on State time.
Mossbo

Post by Mossbo »

newcouncilmember wrote:If you read the Altoona Mirror and saw the fact that all of these people are being sued personally I certainly hope that the towns people are not paying for their lawyers. Greg has to pay for his own so should those being sued personally.
The persons who will foot the bill for the others will be the tax payers of Tyrone Borough!
Mossbo

Re: Tyrone PD

Post by Mossbo »

Bill Latchford wrote:Whatever comes of this whole mess, it will not be good....No Matter What. :(

That's right! It should have never began! Little late to look at that now though!
Mossbo

Re: Tyrone PD

Post by Mossbo »

LETSGETREAL38 wrote:Rhoades is 100% right lets step up Tyrone and get those 3 out of here, The can take the stupid thing they call K9 too, Its just as dum as those 3 anyway.
come on the dog didn't do anything! It never filled out an application to work there!
mikkevkal144

Post by mikkevkal144 »

newcouncilmember wrote:
If you read the Altoona Mirror and saw the fact that all of these people are being sued personally I certainly hope that the towns people are not paying for their lawyers. Greg has to pay for his own so should those being sued personally.

The persons who will foot the bill for the others will be the tax payers of Tyrone Borough!

If their being sued as individuals, then shouldnt they have to pay for their own attorneys????
mamasays

Post by mamasays »

since my deteriorating sight has ended my blogging career before it has even begun, another is typing in my place. I want the townspeople of tyrone to know how much greg and his family have appreciated all the support throughout this unfortunate smelly mess. It is heartwarming to know how much greg meant to you all as one of your homegrown police officers. I am forever grateful to the A/Gs office for the many man hours they spent on this yearlong investigation proving the allegations against greg were unfounded. They are very thorough and uncovered the truth and have restored my faith in the justice system.The big question we all have now is , why is beachem, lutz and franks still working while greg is not. Good question! I think we need to contact higher authoritires, ie, State Representatives,Senators, and even the Govenor.They all have phone numbers and e-mail addresses so they are accessable to the people who voted them into office.Its been a tough year for greg and chris and all who love him, and the heavy wet blanket that dampened our holidays finally feels as though its been lifted thanks to the unwavering love and support we received from the community.WE will continue moving forward and look forward to better days ahead.Only by cleaning house on election day can the city of tyrone begin to achieve the changes needed. Again, thank you all very,very much............his mom
mikkevkal144

Post by mikkevkal144 »

Pat, Your sincerely welcome from all of us. We will continue to fight for the rights of Greg and and his family. What they (Tyrone Council, Mayor and the Chief) did, was totally wrong, and if they dont have to answer for it in this life time, they will answer for it in the next!!!!
The Primary elections are May 19th. We can change the way our town has been ran, and hope for a brighter future for Tyrone.
donhandsdaughter

Re: Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Post by donhandsdaughter »

God bless you, Aunt Patty, Greg, Crhisty, and the rest of our family who are fighting to keep Tyrone an honorable, decent, crime-free home town. I wish I didn't live across the country because I would be there in a heartbeat to help clear Greg's name. My brothers and sisters are informed about what is going on and the Hand family "has your back". We love and support you. Please keep us posted. Your elections in May will be watched with great interest. Remember - "right is right and wrong is wrong". Don't forget to register and vote to protect Tyrone and Greg!!
feelingsorry

Re: Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Post by feelingsorry »

Let me start by saying that I am not posting this reply not to bash anyone involved in this unfortunate mess but I am just going to state some facts that I have personal knowledge of first hand. Almost 6 years of it.

First I feel the need to state that Chief Beachem is a very good freind and that some of the statements made here are untrue. As the Chief of the Department he has an obligation to follow up on any information that is given to him or obtained by him about the possibility of one of his own officers illegal activity. He then investigates to see if there is any probalecause in pursuing those allegations. The Chief then has to let Danaway know of any personnel issues with-in the Department and she then makes the determination to bring outside investigators to followup. As a Chief to the Boro of Tyrone Police Dept. he has an obligation to you the citizens to do these type of investigations like it or not. Trust me, he is not enjoying this.
As for Josh and Matt L. they are in no way shape or form dirty. They are doing what they were told to do by the Chief. They to haft to do it like it or not also. I dont believe that they should have gotten involved as much as they should have, but they are fairley new to the job and are a little wet behind the ears. I believe that any interviews or statements should have been done by the AG's office other investigators outside of the Department not Sgt 9 1/2 or the Hammer but once again they did what they were told to do. Once again I do haft to state that neither of those guys are dirty or liars, against what some people are saying, they are good cops with a very good work ethic.
As for 655, I have also been good freinds with Greg and have even kicked back a few Capt. & Cokes and gone to State Collage with him. I have asked myself the question and been asked many times by other people if I believe Greg is dirty and my answer has always been NO........ But I am also a believer of facts and evidence that is brought forwith in any case and I do not know all of the facts or had the priveladge of seeing any of the evidence, but I do beilive that Greg did not do SOME of the things that he is accused of. We shall see.
As for Barlick, she has always seemed to stay away from trouble and everything else in the past and I can't figure out why she would want to put herself in the middle of all the mudslinging and name calling that is going on. I dont know anything about Matt Plummer but I have heard that he is a good officer> I hope that everything works out for him.
Well that is all I got for know. Everyone remember that there is 3 sides to every story. He said, she said and the truth. I hope that the Police dept. can pull through and come out with some of it's pride & dignity and start cathing some of these dirtr bags on the streets pushing drugs onto your streets.
SORRY ABOUT ANY MISSPELLED WORDS. I DID GRADUATE