Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
newcouncilmember

Re: Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Post by newcouncilmember »

If you think they are such great and truthful officers then maybe they could come to Altoona. By the way the constable story came right from the horses mouth at the last council meeting.You should check your sources. Remember you have only talked to those three officers. Before you make judgement you should always remember your peers are also judging you.
feelingsorry
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by feelingsorry »

Well newcouncilmember if you would have read my last statement you would not have said that I need to check my sources. My source(s) of the constable story are the same as yours not the 3 others (Lutz, Franks or Beachem) as I stated before they have said nothing other that the truth will be told later. Also I already know what my peers think of me or they wouldn't be my peers, besides I am not the one that should care or do care.... I am just stating my thoughts and am not bashing anyone...just my points of view.
feelingsorry

Post by feelingsorry »

Ohhh and Altoona would be pleased to have them... They have alot of freinds and respect here waiting for them..........
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

I think you are bashing some of Gregs friends and supporters. Im also stating my opinions . I think you cant sit on the fence it is either Gregs Story or the chiefs story. I know you like them both but nobody knows the truth no matter what you or I think except for Greg and the other side of the fence. That being said your not going to get much support from this community to back the three.
Wreck2107

Post by Wreck2107 »

Feelingsorry, I can absolutely see why you would disagree with my statement about the borough handeling this situation....mostly what I was trying to get at is that a majority of the hateful PERSONAL 'bashing' that I have heard and read has come from the side of the Greg supporters, while MOST of those involved with the borough side have kept their mouths closed.
Most of the rumors and allegations for Greg's firing I have also heard from his own defenders. Christy, you yourself said Greg doesn't know yet exactly why he was fired, as he wasn't given a reason. Perhaps it has nothing to do with what is being said.
I agree this is a very complicated issue and I'm glad you have all your evidence gathered up and ready to go. Good luck with that. I never said you were wrong. I don't know who's right or who's wrong, we will see eventually.
What I did say was many of the posters on this board were using ugly, hurtful comments that have no bearing on this situation.
I can't recall reading comments from borough members, Beachem, Lutz, Franks or their supporters attacking the religious views of the other side. On the other hand, I frequently see postings saying things like Kilmartin, Beachem and others should be ashamed to go to church, or comments such as that. This is the type of behavior that disgusts me.
newcouncilmember, you might be surprised, I don't know how much support the other side has, but I wouldn't be so naive as to think there are not people out there who believe in them. Everyone is not as vocal as this group, but they still have opinions. In the end it doens't really matter because the truth is the truth regardless of who "backs it".
feelingsorry

Post by feelingsorry »

I understand that....... It is a shame though and I hope for a quick resolution although I doubt and hope that the residents of the Boro can move past this regardless of the outcome and support their Dept. in a way that is positive and uplifting to the men and women that have taken an oath to protect you the citizens in a job for the most part is unrewarding and at times being called names by the people they are trying to protect and serve. Also think of this.....NO matter what if you are one of the citizens called 911 in need of some type of response by the Police Dept. do you feel safe and would they do what was needed to handle the situation correctley and professionaly regardless with what is going on here? I think so..... You might not agree with them, that is your god given right, but are they doing their job when they show up for their shift......and remember Greg also did his job......... and yes I know that some of you might think that you cant support both sides but, remember this is only my opinon, the local areana has taken some things and ran with them and it is only human nature and made some untrue statements about Greg and the other 3. I am just a neutral party and feel that I need to support my freinds, including Greg and hope that things were out positive for both.
cruiser1

Post by cruiser1 »

Officer Frayley recently told me that he has the highest respect for the council and the Chief and that their decision-making abilities are sound and just. I on the other hand will continue to support Greg Ray and his family. He was probably the best police officer Tyrone ever had.
BeachBiker
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by BeachBiker »

cruiser1 wrote:... He was probably the best police officer Tyrone ever had.
Image Ahem...Image Image...cough! cough! Image Image Image.
donhandsdaughter

Post by donhandsdaughter »

God Bless Mark Dunskin, John Hege, Ervin Romans and Daniel Sakai, fallen officers of the Oakland, California Police Department. Their memorial service was beyond belief. I will never, ever forget it. Let us not forget the risks every police officer takes every day of their lives to protect each and every one of us. Stop and think about your life; how you live, what you allow your children to do, how you parent them . . . what you can do to make America a better place to live, a safer place to live. If you see crime, call it in, if you see drug activity, call it it. Don't let the bad guys win. Be responsible parents and educate your children about the difference between right and wrong - when they are young - it is too late at even eight!!! Drugs are wrong, gang activity is wrong. These officers are gone forever . . . don't let it happen to you, your family, your community. God bless each and every safety officer in the United States of America!
Wreck2107

Post by Wreck2107 »

Amen.
If we can't all agree on that, then we're in pretty bad shape.
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

BeachBiker wrote:
cruiser1 wrote:... He was probably the best police officer Tyrone ever had.
Image Ahem...Image Image...cough! cough! Image Image Image.

haha Beachbiker.......don't take it personally.....Most of the people posting on this thread were probably just reproductive cells when you, and other officers of your caliber, were serving Tyrone. :wink:
feelingsorry

Post by feelingsorry »

donhands could have not said any better and yes please DO NOT FORGET
DragonFly69

Post by DragonFly69 »

Everyone please remember that there is a Council meeting on Monday April 6,2009, Please be there. We cannot give up the fight. We still need to show Greg Ray and officer Barlick that we support them and the whole town is behind them. Please come and show your support for these two officers !!!!!!!! :ahh:
Beck

Post by Beck »

feelingsorry wrote: Also I believe that the type of company that Greg is hanging around is not helping his cause and please do not take it the wrong way, I have met a lot of Greg's freinds and they are good people,but there are some, and you know who I mean that do not look good to be around right know. :

That's the good thing about Greg Ray... He is true to who he is and to his friends and/or people he can reach out and help. Since when do we only associate with people because they look right, or act right, or go to a good school, or attend church... We first accept people because they are human beings! So who Greg hangs with is a possitive thing, no matter what! He's a good guy, with good character and great belief in his fellow man... that's what makes him a great Police Office...
Christy

Post by Christy »

Just so everyone knows, the PRIVATE INVESTIGATION that the Borough conducted cost the taxpayers in excess of $100,000.00. This will be coming out in the papers very shortly. The Attorney General's Office investigation was free but that wasn't good enough. I have the documentation of the costs and it will be revealed in the press shortly. They really wanted rid of Greg, apparently at any cost. Would you say we are in dire need of some new Council memebers???