Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
falconluvr
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Re: Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Post by falconluvr »

Wow.......over a hundred grand.......just think what they couldve done with that money........a skate park maybe?........movie theater?.......think about it folks
park21012

Post by park21012 »

Christy wrote:Just so everyone knows, the PRIVATE INVESTIGATION that the Borough conducted cost the taxpayers in excess of $100,000.00. This will be coming out in the papers very shortly. The Attorney General's Office investigation was free but that wasn't good enough. I have the documentation of the costs and it will be revealed in the press shortly. They really wanted rid of Greg, apparently at any cost. Would you say we are in dire need of some new Council memebers???
..and I believe that it does not stop there..what about Officer Lutz? How much are we as taxpayers paying for him to travel to back and forth to Tipton 5 times a day?...to Altoona?? and everywhere else that I see him joyriding. It all adds up with the gas prices these days...This also should be addressed at the next Borough Council meeting...Time for a Change in this town.
Tapout9947

Post by Tapout9947 »

Any truth to the rumor Beachem resigned? :D
DragonFly69
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by DragonFly69 »

I heard that rumor also about Beacham resigning. Don't know if there is any truth to it.
Tapout9947

Post by Tapout9947 »

probably just a bad April Fools joke..hopefully not though
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

I would like to know who authorized this type of spending. The mayor or the Borough Manager. It would be interesting to see the difference between the PI investigation and the attorney generals investigation. I certainly hope that they were different considering the amount of money wasted. I always thought you were innocent until proven guilty, guess we have our own laws in Tyrone.
mikkevkal144

Post by mikkevkal144 »

Christy wrote:Just so everyone knows, the PRIVATE INVESTIGATION that the Borough conducted cost the taxpayers in excess of $100,000.00. This will be coming out in the papers very shortly. The Attorney General's Office investigation was free but that wasn't good enough. I have the documentation of the costs and it will be revealed in the press shortly. They really wanted rid of Greg, apparently at any cost. Would you say we are in dire need of some new Council memebers???
You hit it right on the head Christy..... WE NEED A NEW COUNCIL, AND A NEW MAYOR....
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

Beck wrote:We first accept people because they are human beings! So who Greg hangs with is a possitive thing, no matter what! He's a good guy, with good character and great belief in his fellow man... that's what makes him a great Police Office...
Hmmmm, oh really? So Bush hangout out with Bin Laden's would have been ok? Bush is a good guy, good character and clearly has belief in his fellow man. I say this just to point out that what you said has really little merit. I mean nothing against Greg in any manner because I have no clue who he hangs out with. I just wanted to point out that there are perceptions on who you hang out with and those perceptions can't be ignored. I'm not saying the ends justify the mean in this case or any case. I just mean you can't make a blanket statement that whoever someone hangs with is a positive thing.

People of like minds tend to gravitate toward each other. It's nature.
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

I would just like to say Greg has hung with the same croud as long as I have known him so I dont know what the whole hanging out with the wrong crowd has to do with this whole situation. We have all hung around with the wrong crowd but we as individuals have the choice to do the right thing as I believe Greg has done. It does not matter who we hang around with, we all as human beings all have the right to make the correct decisions. We as A whole need to step back and take A look at what this whole situation is about. Greg Ray treats everyone as A equal and anyone who is questioning Greg for who he is hanging out should question their own beleifs. This whole situation is based on the wrong that was done to Greg and has nothing to do with who Greg hangs out with. I only know Greg as A good human being and anyone who questions this well that is your personal beleif and the TRUTH will come out in the end. I will say that there has been alot of wrong doings in the Tyrone PD and they will all come out in the end and hopefully the right thing wiil be done. It Im sure will come out in the lawsuit and the courts so the people posting here just remember you could be called to the stand for previous actions that happened in the past.
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Wonder whatever happened to Dan Quayle?
park21012

Post by park21012 »

I dont think that who Greg Ray hangs out with has anything to do with what is really going on here. I do not think that Federal Court is going to look at "who he is hanging out with and where" as someone has posted on here. They are going to look at the corrupt and unnecessary "investigation" that Chief Beacham and Council allowed...Greg is a good man and my family and I will continue to support him until the end when truth prevails..
Beck

Post by Beck »

Banksy... I don't really think we can compare the likes of Bin Laden to anyone in Tyrone. I do know a few that are close to being like Bush, but nothing I can do about that. Also I don't think anyone that Greg would meet in Bilo or run into while out and about in Tyrone can be considered a terriorist in Bin Ladens army!
Can I ask you Banksy how long has it been since you have lived in Tyrone? Do you remember small community life? I've lived in Tyrone all my life and I have friends here that I grew up and there isn't much they could do with their lives that would cause me to end my friendship with them. That's what life in Tyrone is about. I feel we try to help one another up when we are feeling down and out. Heck I don't know where I would be as a person today if some of my friends would have turned on me when I wasn't doing so great! Thats what small town life is about. Greg steps out and tries to help families out and yes I know this on a person and on his part professional level. I'm glad he didn't turn his back on my family. I'm glad that he didn't look at my son as just another no good addict. Some did turn their back on him but not Greg. So you say you are who you hang out with? Only if you face it the wrong way and don't step out and up as maybe the only person they have that's there willing to fight for them. I'm thankful that Greg is the person he is and has the character and confidence he has to reach beyond the Judgement of others. In the end it won't matter what man thought of us will it?
Banksy, we have never seen eye to eye since day one on this board and I doubt we ever will... sure is a good thing we were never friends huh? ha ha...
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Unfortunately, Banksy is speaking truth.....people do tend to judge others....often unfairly, but it's the way we are. Those old cliches such as, Birds of a feather flock together ...are pearls of wisdom to some people. And its funny how people tend to pick and choose which ones to hold onto...I guess whichever serves their purpose at the time. ( Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never harm me.......tell that to the fat, slow, uninteresting, poor, 4-eyed child that isn't included in the popular circle.)

Try as we might...we're all guilty of it on occasion. ( that doesn't make it fair or right ) My last remark in here was quite facetious.

There was a man that befriended a woman of ill repute... while most people of his time would have cast stones at her....he embraced her. Loved her. We could all learn a few lessons from him. His are the words written in red.

As for Greg and who he hangs with......that's his business. I certainly know that I'm capable of hanging with anyone without losing my own values. There has been character-bashing on this thread from the beginning. By both troops. Its been written about Greg and his gang, the Chief and his gang, and both sides have taken potshots at the other. In the end people will think whatever they want ... but none of that really matters. What matters is the legalities.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Beck:

I lived in Tyrone for 25 years and now living a small community in Ohio. Using Bin Laden was an extreme stretch... but let's use for example major league baseball. Those who were close personal friends of Roger Clemens, say the Christian Andy Pettite... such a good man hanging around with a drug user on steroids in Roger Clemens. Andy would never do that... right? Wrong.

Again, I am not saying that Greg does anything at all the same as the company he keeps. I have absolutely no way of knowing that. For the fact of the matter I don't care about it. What I am saying is that the company you keep clearly has an impact on the way you think, act, and behave. I don't see how you can not see that part of it. I'm not trying to tie this to Greg, more so just saying that the company you keep clearly has some (possibly negligible) effect on a person.

In terms of Greg Ray, I don't even know the types people are saying he hangs around with. I'm just trying to remove Greg from the statement that the company you keep doesn't mean anything, regardless of the level impact.
banksy
MVP Member

Post by banksy »

Perhaps we need to define "hanging out" or "company you keep." It's key to the debate.