Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Anything in our community you would like to discuss? Post it here.
newcouncilmember

Re: Tyrone Police Department and Greg Ray Termination

Post by newcouncilmember »

You are entitled to your opinion and i'm entitled to mine I guess we will see in the end.
DragonFly69
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 7

Post by DragonFly69 »

[quote="Snyder03"].Dont worry Greg and Jes we ALL have your back!
That is right Greg and Jes we do have your backs. As a business person in this town I am here to let you know that I personally know Jes and Greg very well. Either officer would help you in anyway that they possibly could. This town is behind you 100%. There is no way that we are going to let some outsiders come in to our town and try to break it down !! Wreck you obviously DO NOT know all the facts. As for myself and newcouncilmember we know more than the "general facts" as you put it and believe me when I say that when this is over everyone will get there eyes open to the lengths of corruption that has been committed to ruin the lives of these two officers. As for the council members this town needs to take care of them at the voting booth, we have a chance to change three seats and the mayor. I know that I will help work the poles that day to make sure that happens. So Jes and Greg weall do have your backs!!
Wreck2107

Post by Wreck2107 »

:stick: I'm at a loss for words, and I don't feel like defining the word "all" to you.....I've never seen a simple straightforward truthful statement turned into such a pointless ordeal....now I can say I have. Thanks for that.
I do however agree that this whole thing needs to come to an end and soon I hope.
Apparently, according to yourself, you are well informed. Well, I would love to be better informed...I saw on here there is more information that was supposed to be released about the reason for the firing....I've been watching for it, hoping to get a little more insight...any word on when we'll see that?
newcouncilmember

Post by newcouncilmember »

I'm not sure about the private investigators report being printed in the paper. The only information that I know for sure that will be printed is the cost of the private investigation. If you know Greg at all contact him he will be more than happy to let you read the report from beginning to end. Greg will tell you himself he has nothing to hide. I hope you take the oppurtunity to contact him.
donhandsdaughter

Post by donhandsdaughter »

Dragonfly69, I would caution you about your comment about "working the polls". It is against the law to campaign within 100 feet of any polling site. Don't subject youself to a citation just to prove a point. Tampering with elections is a federal offense! All of you can accomplish your goal in other, more positive, productive ways. Try a Town Hall Meeting or Candidate's Night as we call it in California. Invite all the candidates to participate, make them debate issues that are important to you and your community. Present them with hard, tough questions about how they would solve difficult situations and ask what improvements they would make to the community AS A WHOLE. Ask them to tell you why they would make a good councilmember or mayor. Watch their body language - it will tell you volumns. You need to know what their "personal agendas" are before you vote for them. They will show their true colors when you ask them tough questions.

If your community did indeed pay or will pay $100,000 for a private investigation, in additon to an AG investigation is a dumb, stupid, irresponsible decision on electorial and management's part; that to me is absurd and could be considered misuse of public funds. That was more than the annual budget for overtime in our whole police department (population 16,795) including paid reserve officers, part time officers: animal control, code enforcement and our Senior Citizens on Patrol put together! Where is the fiscal (financial, money, money money) responsibllity of your council? They have to be held accountable for these expenses. Who approved them??? Was it done after the fact? I am sure that your Borough doesn't have $100,000 that your can throw away - no city does during these economic hard times. Public Safety funding comes from the General Fund in every city - sales tax dollars, property tax dollars, business tax dollars, hotel/motel bed tax dollars. When the public isn't spending, the taxes your city receives for public safety are reduced. Our city is down about 35% in these tax allocations. Where is the money coming from to pay for these "investigations"? Does your city have a huge "reserve"? I can't even imagine what your overtime expense is now that even more officers have been placed on leave, whether paid or not - you need to ask these questions of your elected leaders - because they are ultimately responsible for your fiscal wellbeing. Good luck.
donhandsdaughter

Post by donhandsdaughter »

In addition to my previous post, you need to ask each candidate what their qualifications are to serve in office. Don't vote for someone because they have a personal ax to grind (I know this is every difficult given the situation you are in right now), but vote for them because you TRULY believe and you KNOW that they have something positive to bring to the table - an expertice in finance, law, personnel issues, housing, public safety, engineering - a council seat is one step up from the planning department in most cities. Don't sell yourself short. There are good citizens in every city that have much to offer to make your community a better place to call "HOME".
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

I think it would be really great if they could hold the impending trial on Ice Mountain and then we could join both threads and only have to beat one horse.
DragonFly69

Post by DragonFly69 »

Donhandsdaughter I don't know about california but here in PA you are allowed to stand outside the polls and hand out fliers and answer questions about canidates. That is what I am talking about. I am not talking about standing right beside them as they cast there vote.
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

donhandsdaughter wrote:.......If your community did indeed pay or will pay $100,000 for a private investigation, in additon to an AG investigation is a dumb, stupid, irresponsible decision on electorial and management's part; that to me is absurd and could be considered misuse of public funds. That was more than the annual budget for overtime in our whole police department (population 16,795) including paid reserve officers, part time officers: animal control, code enforcement and our Senior Citizens on Patrol put together! Where is the fiscal (financial, money, money money) responsibllity of your council? They have to be held accountable for these expenses. Who approved them??? Was it done after the fact? I am sure that your Borough doesn't have $100,000 that your can throw away - no city does during these economic hard times. Public Safety funding comes from the General Fund in every city - sales tax dollars, property tax dollars, business tax dollars, hotel/motel bed tax dollars. When the public isn't spending, the taxes your city receives for public safety are reduced. Our city is down about 35% in these tax allocations. Where is the money coming from to pay for these "investigations"? Does your city have a huge "reserve"? I can't even imagine what your overtime expense is now that even more officers have been placed on leave, whether paid or not - you need to ask these questions of your elected leaders - because they are ultimately responsible for your fiscal wellbeing. Good luck.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they didn't rob Peter to pay Paul. They knew they were going to lease the ground to Gamesa...therefore...whatever money was taken out of the till could be put back. It's no wonder they were trying to hold out for a more lucrative deal from Gamesa........they knew how much money they had already spent!

Here's what I would like to know....please pardon me if this has already been stated, but I don't recall.... Did they hire the PI AFTER the AG submitted a report that wasn't to their liking.....or did the AG concur with the private investigation?
banksy
MVP Member
If Mike has 13 apples, and gives six to Jane, how many does he have left?: 13

Post by banksy »

DragonFly69 wrote:Donhandsdaughter I don't know about california but here in PA you are allowed to stand outside the polls and hand out fliers and answer questions about canidates. That is what I am talking about. I am not talking about standing right beside them as they cast there vote.

YOU MUST BE 100 FT FROM THE POLLING VENUE... in California, in Pennsylvania, in Puerto Rico, in Mars, and in Uranus. Repeat, you must be 100ft from the pools and that is stipulated as the entrance. Now, do people stand right at the entrance and try to persuade? Yes. Could they be fined. Yes.

Also, wear a I SUPPORT JOE t-shirt and you could be charged as violating the electioneering rule which prohibits you to be with 10 ft of the poll, and can yes, keep you from being allowed to vote, unless you remove it. Laugh all you like, it was happening in the Presidential Election in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
DragonFly69

Post by DragonFly69 »

I won't be breaking any rules, but I will still be campaigning. More than a 100 ft from entrance. I repeat more than 100 ft from the entrance. I will go door to door if that is what the candidate wishes for me to do.
Wreck2107

Post by Wreck2107 »

banksy wrote:Also, wear a I SUPPORT JOE t-shirt and you could be charged as violating the electioneering rule which prohibits you to be with 10 ft of the poll, and can yes, keep you from being allowed to vote, unless you remove it. Laugh all you like, it was happening in the Presidential Election in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
Very true Banksy - I was wearing a pin at the November election and wasn't permitted to vote until I took it off....Didn't make sense to me because I was just minding my own business, meanwhile another guy was shouting about who he was voting for and why he wouldn't vote for other people....Kinda stupid if you ask me, but it happens...
Christy

Post by Christy »

Responding to Something to say, the private investigators were hired many months after the Atorney General's Office was brought into the picture. However the Borough did not wait for the AG's Office report before terminating Greg. The Borough terminated Greg two days before the AG's report was made public. Obviously, they were in a rush to judgement and did not wait for the AG's report, even though they requested the investigation by the AG's Office. I feel that the Borough knew that the determination of the AG's report was not going to be in their favor, and again I would repeat that they were shopping for the desired outcome. The Borough had already, needlessly, spent so much money that they had no choice but to vote for termination. There will be articles regarding the amount of money the Borough spent on the investigation and also about the allegations made against Greg. Be patient, they are coming. There is a lot of information to sort through and then the article has to be written. Certain members of Council did not think that Greg would share the results of the private investigation with the press, stating that he would be embarrassed. Well, the allegations made against Greg are just that. They amount to nothing more than mere rumors or unsubstantiated allegations. Basically, it boils down to that some people said this or that happened and there was no other person (but many others were present) to corroborate that persons statement or it was just that I heard this or I heard that, or the statements given are extremely inconsistent. Greg is not ashamed for anyone to read the investigation, which by the way, he received an incomplete copy of. He is aware of more persons who were interviewed who's staements were not included. Why? Because it was damaging to the Borough's case. Greg's ducks are in a row. As an end note, for those who question who Greg associates with, you should look out your own front door. You know who you are. People should look deep into their own closet before examining someone else's. Not one, and I mean one, person who Greg associates with on a regular basis was contacted by the private investigators. No neighbors, friends or daily associates were contacted. Coworkers were, with the exception of one who would have been very informative. But he again would have damaged the Borough's case. Be patient and thanks to all for your continued support. Keep it coming and do not let up. Council faces need to change!
DragonFly69

Post by DragonFly69 »

Well said Christy we are all behind you and Greg. In the end all the wrongs will be made right ! :rofl:
Something to say
MVP Member

Post by Something to say »

Christy wrote:Responding to Something to say, the private investigators were hired many months after the Atorney General's Office was brought into the picture. However the Borough did not wait for the AG's Office report before terminating Greg.
...................... Certain members of Council did not think that Greg would share the results of the private investigation with the press, stating that he would be embarrassed. Well, the allegations made against Greg are just that. They amount to nothing more than mere rumors or unsubstantiated allegations. ........ Council faces need to change!

One thing is certain....when this goes to court...all will be made public. ( I know that if I were guilty of something, anything, that was going to bring shame to my family...I'd keep a lid on it if possible...... I think most people would. Nobody is forcing Officer Ray to bring action against anyone....he is doing so of his own free will......which will LEAVE him WIDE open. I'm thinking if he had anything drastic to hide.......he might have walked away......looked for new employment, and kept his family from being dragged through the mud. )

It would be foolish to bring skeletons out of the closet if not necessary. Officer Ray must truly believe that whatever comes out is not as damaging or demeaning as being fired unjustly.

I didn't go back and search...but I recall somewhere back in this thread Bill Latchford was making one of his points...and he said something like this ( paraphrasing here ) "now if he were doing something...let's say...like watching p*rn on the computer on company time...that would be conduct unbecoming a police officer." With that being said...I'm assuming the allegations against Greg will be something along those lines. Maybe he cracked in church. Or as you stated above...he said, she said, stuff.

( lol....having a hard time here... Ain't gonna say what I want to ...fearing the thread be locked...but it involves unbecoming behavior by someone representing the town and shenanigans on the computer ) At any rate if the allegations brought against Greg are nothing more than crap.......the borough should be ashamed for putting out 100,000+ for something so trivial and stupid ...especially since Tyrone is so needy they'd sell their heritage for next to nothing. :nuts: